Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Trollope, new Albion assistant manager

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Excellent appointment. Exactly what we needed in a replacement.

Was slightly worried that Gerrard might have been considered, delighted to see him nowhere near the club.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'm also happy with this, but even more so given that alongside the announcement it was indicated that PT coached Wales in the Euros. Hopefully he'll bring a similar out-performing of expectations to us.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Excellent appointment. Exactly what we needed in a replacement.

Was slightly worried that Gerrard might have been considered, delighted to see him nowhere near the club.

Agree in that Paul Trollope is an excellent appointment, but I think that the chances of Steve Gerrard ever coming to this club were less than zero! A fine player in his day, yes undoubtably, but he has no experience whatsoever in coaching.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
agree and to hear Colin saying he is loving his new role at the villa after 3 days and it was right decision for him tells me his heart wasn't with the albion so good luck to him and let's hope Paul is more committed to us

he's been missing part of the season when we had his op or whatever it was so I think we have gained much more than we lost

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
And this related item from the Birmingham Mail is even less welcome.
Aston Villa slightly desperately coveting two Albion midfield stars, in order to try and bridge our 13pt lead over them, is a situation I would have settled for at various points in the past 40 years ...

Trust in Bloom to get us up. Hopefully this season.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Welcome PT... you have joined a great club at this most vital and exciting time in our history. I'm sure you will bring great things to our club. CH obviously has great faith in you. That's good enough for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here