Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Trollope, new Albion assistant manager

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Aston Villa slightly desperately coveting two Albion midfield stars, in order to try and bridge our 13pt lead over them, is a situation I would have settled for at various points in the past 40 years ...

yes ....any time but now......i am now developing a proper dislike for villa

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Settlement was reached re a compensation package before the villa game so he was released last weekend

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
If Calderwood doesn't think twice to leave Hughton mid-season after working alongside him for best part of a decade he won't think twice to recommend the cream of Albion's players to Bruce.

One Premier League player said that the assistant manager is the players confidant. Sometimes knows more what is in the player's heads than the manager himself. I don't know how true this is.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/paul-trollope-qa-im-deep-11653052

Clubs have a special goalkeeping coach. Why not a special "attacking coach" designing to work our ways through stubborn defences.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Paul Trollope is an extremely good solution to what was an annoying situation.

I am sure that his contract will similarly watertight to that of Calderwood !

el punal

What happened to the gardening leave?!

Not a lot to do in the garden at this time of year apart from sweeping up the leaves. Seriously though, wasn't the gardening leave based on awaiting the compensation package and someone to replace Calderwood, now of course we have Trollope. It could also be Bloom wanting to play silly buggers with Villa - make them wait until C.C.'s notice period had been served. Whatever, all seems to be resolved now.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Must have been reasonable compensation for him to leave immediately. There probably bought him out of his contact plus some more?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Villa will have coughed up a packet to get him released. Will help pay for the buses........
It's great the way the team is now run.
Gone are the days of being patsies turned over on a whim, and then having to settle for the the crumbs.

Not that we'll ever find out but I'll bet it was a serious sized amount as well.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
yes ....any time but now......i am now developing a proper dislike for villa

It's been an ongoing process for me since we were rivals in the early 70s. Factor in the Gareth Barry nonsense when that **** John Gregory took the piss when we were near to going out of business and Villa can feck off. Shame they can't fall on hard times like Bolton have/did.

Now they've got Fergie Mk II in charge it's simply one more reason to dislike them even more.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Argus comments: Don't know that Trollope will bring much to the table, bit of a backward step. Let's not mess about and get Harry Redknapp down here now, he'd love it here and is unemployed. Assistant manager would suit him at his time of life, theres no one better out there.

:eek:

It's largely an irrelevance,i assume he does the basics and does them well,can he get the best out of and ultimately help Chris,besides if that is who Chris has chosen (i assume this to be the case) then that is good enough for me.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
It's been an ongoing process for me since we were rivals in the early 70s. Factor in the Gareth Barry nonsense when that **** John Gregory took the piss when we were near to going out of business and Villa can feck off. Shame they can't fall on hard times like Bolton have/did.

Now they've got Fergie Mk II in charge it's simply one more reason to dislike them even more.

As someone who was born in Birmingham and was taken to St Andrews on a regular basis at a very young age, my dislike of Villa is pretty much life long.

However, with regards to Steve Bruce I do have respect for him, and here's why....

A few years ago, I was up in Dorridge, near Solihull visiting friends. It was Remembrance Sunday and I was at the local War Memorial. Bruce lived nearby, and was out for a Sunday morning jog. As he ran past it must have been close to 11 o'clock. He stopped mid run for the two minutes silence, head bowed, then jogged on afterwards.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Good Swindon boy, lives about 6 miles from me in Bishopstone, my son in law went to school with his sister and has known the family for 20+ years...( I have never met him so don't expect any inside info)

Maybe he will want to share a lift to the Amex on match days?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
As someone who was born in Birmingham and was taken to St Andrews on a regular basis at a very young age, my dislike of Villa is pretty much life long.

However, with regards to Steve Bruce I do have respect for him, and here's why....

A few years ago, I was up in Dorridge, near Solihull visiting friends. It was Remembrance Sunday and I was at the local War Memorial. Bruce lived nearby, and was out for a Sunday morning jog. As he ran past it must have been close to 11 o'clock. He stopped mid run for the two minutes silence, head bowed, then jogged on afterwards.

Bruce jogging you sure?, have you seen the size of him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here