Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Trollope, new Albion assistant manager

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
My point is that if it is for football reasons not financial or anythjng else and we get promoted why would they want to join either of those 5 clubs who will probably fare no better than us next season.

Get real. 2 of those 5 are established Premier league clubs and if you want to trot out that old 'size' thing, then I'd say possibly both are 'bigger clubs' than Brighton. In fact all those clubs you've mentioned are of a similar 'size', but I think we are bottom of the pile as we haven't had any top flight time for donkeys years.

I think you are looking at things with Blue & White tinted specs on and kidding yourself. Kayal & Stephens are not Brighton fans, they are employees of the club. It's their place of work. One used to work in Scotland, another in London. I reckon they'll go at the end of the season to whoever offers them the most money. I certainly would.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Get real. 2 of those 5 are established Premier league clubs and if you want to trot out that old 'size' thing, then I'd say possibly both are 'bigger clubs' than Brighton. In fact all those clubs you've mentioned are of a similar 'size', but I think we are bottom of the pile as we haven't had any top flight time for donkeys years.

I think you are looking at things with Blue & White tinted specs on and kidding yourself. Kayal & Stephens are not Brighton fans, they are employees of the club. It's their place of work. One used to work in Scotland, another in London. I reckon they'll go at the end of the season to whoever offers them the most money. I certainly would.

I do not believe that TB will be looking at just holding our own and not being a yo yo club obviously not going to compete for the title but who knows. Based, as I said purely on quality of football, we could and would match any of those 5 but as you say it will be down to money but I had disregarded that and based my view on football alone.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I don't think it needs CC at Villa to recommend who our top players are, most clubs have enough intel taken from the public domain to know who is good or not and whether they are open to a move. So Kayal being our POTS last year and being out of contract at the end of this season is all they need to know then start digging out any television footage.

p..s. if Paul trollope does take over second in command then lets hope he was Hughton's choice.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

If Stephens and Kayal were to go next summer, then they would go with my blessing. Like most people in life I assume both are ambitious, and for Stephens most certainly, he is good enough to compete in the Premier League.

All I ask is that they stay with us until the end of this season, to help give us the best chance possible of promotion to the Premier League, and if we make it?, then who knows, they may both want to stay.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I don't think it needs CC at Villa to recommend who our top players are, most clubs have enough intel taken from the public domain to know who is good or not and whether they are open to a move. So Kayal being our POTS last year and being out of contract at the end of this season is all they need to know then start digging out any television footage.

p..s. if Paul trollope does take over second in command then lets hope he was Hughton's choice.

Re your p.s. I think it's common knowledge that Paul Trollope would be Hughton's choice. They have a history of working well together at Birmingham and Norwich.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I love the coaching knowledge on here. I do not know anything, but what I am certain of is that one coach does not just do the defense and one does the attack. What is wrong with you people?

Hughton chooses the way we defend, he tells the coaches how to train them and when. They train together as an entire team, defensive drills will be run with the whole team, same for attacking drills. Do you really think Calderwood just went for a cup of tea when the team were practising attacking? Or vice versa with Nevin?

Calderwood just did what he was told to do by Hughton. Same as Trollope or whoever else will

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
How was coaching divided up under CH and CC? I was always unsure which (or who else) coached attacking.

I have no idea. Not many people are allowed at the training ground. The press for Press Conferences obviously. That's why I asked because I don't think many people can actually know what's down to who on the training ground. I don't say that Colin brought nothing to the table, he obviously did but very few people I am sure can claim to know what .

Not once have I ever been allowed to a Training Ground. Well there was once at Spurs Lodge many years ago but only after all players had gone home.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
If Stephens and Kayal were to go next summer, then they would go with my blessing. Like most people in life I assume both are ambitious, and for Stephens most certainly, he is good enough to compete in the Premier League.

All I ask is that they stay with us until the end of this season, to help give us the best chance possible of promotion to the Premier League, and if we make it?, then who knows, they may both want to stay.

That's exactly what I would like to see. That way, if they go then they go. If the Manager then wants them to stay and they stay. Either way, I just would like to see us give it a right good go for the next 6 months and then take stock after that

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have no idea. Not many people are allowed at the training ground. The press for Press Conferences obviously. That's why I asked because I don't think many people can actually know what's down to who on the training ground. I don't say that Colin brought nothing to the table, he obviously did but very few people I am sure can claim to know what .

Not once have I ever been allowed to a Training Ground. Well there was once at Spurs Lodge many years ago but only after all players had gone home.

I used to visit Ken Craggs when we trained at Sussex Uni Falmer but not while they were training and even so his office was no where near the actual area that they trained on so wouldnt have seen anything.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Re your p.s. I think it's common knowledge that Paul Trollope would be Hughton's choice. They have a history of working well together at Birmingham and Norwich.

I would like him to go for Paul, quite simply because I think all the players would really like working with him.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I used to visit Ken Craggs when we trained at Sussex Uni Falmer but not while they were training and even so his office was no where near the actual area that they trained on so wouldnt have seen anything.

I have no idea why training sessions should be such a secret. Real Madrid and Barcelona often have open training sessions but some managers and clubs just don't like them open to anyone.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Given the two responses to the question I posed -- one with a qualified (by a question mark) suggestion, the other admitting no-knowledge -- it appears that no-one knows how training is organised.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Given the two responses to the question I posed -- one with a qualified (by a question mark) suggestion, the other admitting no-knowledge -- it appears that no-one knows how training is organised.

I'd say more like no one should be putting it on the public internet. Even at under 10s, 7-a-side, no league table level I don't go and tell my opposition coach what we've been working on in training.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here