Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Trollope, new Albion assistant manager

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Argus comments: Don't know that Trollope will bring much to the table, bit of a backward step. Let's not mess about and get Harry Redknapp down here now, he'd love it here and is unemployed. Assistant manager would suit him at his time of life, theres no one better out there.

:eek:

That's a joke surely. Or at least an attempt at one.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
If Calderwood doesn't think twice to leave Hughton mid-season after working alongside him for best part of a decade he won't think twice to recommend the cream of Albion's players to Bruce.

Which is above as relevant as any other club chasing players we don't want to lose. See Stephens and Dunk etc. He can suggest who he wants but if it's not for laughable money we won't be selling them.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yesterdays tabloids suggested Palace, Watford, West Brom, Stoke and Burnley are all chasing Stephens but football wise none of those are a bigger draw than us if we can get promoted.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yesterdays tabloids suggested Palace, Watford, West Brom, Stoke and Burnley are all chasing Stephens but football wise none of those are a bigger draw than us if we can get promoted.
He's not for sale in January, and will go where he wants at the end of the season.

el punal

Argus comments: Don't know that Trollope will bring much to the table, bit of a backward step. Let's not mess about and get Harry Redknapp down here now, he'd love it here and is unemployed. Assistant manager would suit him at his time of life, theres no one better out there.

:eek:

Did Rosie the bulldog post that?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
And your source of that consensus ??????? Or even your thinking behind it ???????

It's a 'general consensus' based on a one-sided conversation he had with a single proboscis monkey (female, 3 years old) in the wilds of Borneo during a break in filming.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010

The way i see it both Stephens and Kayal are almost certainly going to leave even if we go up. I just Think they are one bad injury away from shooting them self in the foot.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
If Calderwood doesn't think twice to leave Hughton mid-season after working alongside him for best part of a decade he won't think twice to recommend the cream of Albion's players to Bruce.

But it doesn't mean that we will have to, or want to, sell them. I'd like to think that the days of selling players to other Championship clubs are long gone - Premier League pedigree or not.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My point is that if it is for football reasons not financial or anythjng else and we get promoted why would they want to join either of those 5 clubs who will probably fare no better than us next season.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
071408Election1_dm.jpg

#Waits for spellchecker invasion ......

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Well, he's certainly got football in his blood - his old man, who I remember well, played 770 games for Swindon.
Like others on here, I suspect he would have been Hughton's first choice - I think we have a good one here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here