Paul Rogers FAQs

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
Is anyone else feeling patronized by this email?:

We hope you enjoyed the official opening game at the American Express Community Stadium, it was fantastic to see so many of our 1901 Club members enjoying the facilities.

Having discussed the feedback given on Saturday we wanted to provide members with clarification on the most frequently asked questions. Please see below.

Which lounge am I in? If you are receiving this email you are in the BUPA Lounge.

What time do the lounges open and close? All 1901 Club lounges open at 12.30pm and close at 6.30pm for a 3pm kick off. For a 7.45pm kick off lounges open at 5.30pm and close at 11pm.

How do I book hospitality? All hospitality bookings must be made five days prior to the match. Food will be served at 1pm in all lounges for a 3pm kick off, timings for evening matches will be confirmed in due course. Please contact Azure on 01273 878282 or email 1901clubbrighton@azure.uk.com for all hospitality bookings.

All 1901 Club lounges will have a snack offer available, this will consist of similar products on offer in the concourse areas of the stadium.

Can I see my friends in another lounge? Movement between lounges is not possible, members are to use the lounge where they have purchased seats. Each lounge has a specific lanyard which restricts movement, these must be worn or shown at the lounge entrance to gain access.

Are cup games included? All cup games for the 2011-12 season are included in the 1901 Club package. Please note cup games are not included within the annual hospitality packages.

What are the lanyards for? Lanyards must be worn at all times to gain access into your specific lounge, only members wearing lanyards will be allowed into that lounge. Guests are asked to collect day passes at the designated entrances to each lounge, these must be ordered in advance by email: 1901club[MENTION=5978]bhafc[/MENTION].co.uk. If you are passing your 1901 smartcards please ensure you pass your lanyards in order for your guests to gain access to the lounges.

Which entrance do I use? Bupa and Profile lounge members enter via the Main West Stand reception, Gold North Lounge members enter via gate 24 on the West Stand, Gold South Lounge members enter via the gate 4 on the Main West Stand.

Can I order half-time drinks to avoid queuing? Pre ordered drinks for half-time can only be done by guests who are dining before the game, there are drink slips on each table or are available from the service staff.

Can I upgrade to platinum? If you wish to transfer your membership to another lounge we can put you on a waiting list for specific lounges. Please note there is already a waiting list and current 1901 members will have no priority over non-members.

Where do I park? Parking has been allocated in both Bennetts Field and Sussex University, all allocations have been made and we are in no position to offer a transfer between car parks. Seasonal car parking at Sussex University is available to purchase for £360, please contact the Customer Services team on 0845 873 0251.

Can I purchase away tickets? The 1901 club has a small allocation which is on a first come first serve basis, one ticket per membership. Please contact the 1901 Club team by email: email1901[MENTION=5978]bhafc[/MENTION].co.uk with your request.

How do I pass my tickets on? Members can transfer their tickets to guests using the online fan portal. Visit seagulls.co.uk click on the fans tab and then click on E-Cash Top-up and log in using your Fan Number and Card Number. If you would like your guests to access the lounges you must pass on your lanyards or order day passes through the 1901 club using the details above.

Can I leave the stadium and get back in? There is strictly no re-admission once leaving through any of the exits.

Where can I smoke? Smoking is not permitted anywhere within the stadium. There are designated smoking areas on the external concourse. Members will not be re-admitted if they leave the stadium to smoke.

Where do I get a programme? All members will receive a complimentary programme on entry to the 1901 Club in the main ground floor reception areas.

How do I know the team? Due to the number of 1901 Club Members we are unable to print team sheets. The team line-up will be displayed on the TV screens in each lounge before kick off.

Thank you for your patience during the opening of the Amex Stadium. Everyone at the football club is working hard to ensure we deliver an enjoyable match day experience.

I look forward to seeing you at our first league match of the season.

Kind Regards

Paul Rogers
Head of Commercial Services

This strikes me as wrong on a few counts. Not being able to pre-order drinks just reduces cash flow and beer flow.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
This strikes me as wrong on a few counts. Not being able to pre-order drinks just reduces cash flow and beer flow.

It might strike you as wrong on a few counts. But you chose a bad example. It's not QUITE the Theatre Royal - where you can pre-order drinks for the interval. Or 'half-time' as we call it in the North Stand.

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
Is anyone else feeling patronized by this email?:

We hope you enjoyed the official opening game at the American Express Community Stadium, it was fantastic to see so many of our 1901 Club members enjoying the facilities.

Having discussed the feedback given on Saturday we wanted to provide members with clarification on the most frequently asked questions. Please see below.

Which lounge am I in? If you are receiving this email you are in the BUPA Lounge.

What time do the lounges open and close? All 1901 Club lounges open at 12.30pm and close at 6.30pm for a 3pm kick off. For a 7.45pm kick off lounges open at 5.30pm and close at 11pm.

How do I book hospitality? All hospitality bookings must be made five days prior to the match. Food will be served at 1pm in all lounges for a 3pm kick off, timings for evening matches will be confirmed in due course. Please contact Azure on 01273 878282 or email 1901clubbrighton@azure.uk.com for all hospitality bookings.

All 1901 Club lounges will have a snack offer available, this will consist of similar products on offer in the concourse areas of the stadium.

Can I see my friends in another lounge? Movement between lounges is not possible, members are to use the lounge where they have purchased seats. Each lounge has a specific lanyard which restricts movement, these must be worn or shown at the lounge entrance to gain access.

Are cup games included? All cup games for the 2011-12 season are included in the 1901 Club package. Please note cup games are not included within the annual hospitality packages.

What are the lanyards for? Lanyards must be worn at all times to gain access into your specific lounge, only members wearing lanyards will be allowed into that lounge. Guests are asked to collect day passes at the designated entrances to each lounge, these must be ordered in advance by email: 1901club[MENTION=5978]bhafc[/MENTION].co.uk. If you are passing your 1901 smartcards please ensure you pass your lanyards in order for your guests to gain access to the lounges.

Which entrance do I use? Bupa and Profile lounge members enter via the Main West Stand reception, Gold North Lounge members enter via gate 24 on the West Stand, Gold South Lounge members enter via the gate 4 on the Main West Stand.

Can I order half-time drinks to avoid queuing? Pre ordered drinks for half-time can only be done by guests who are dining before the game, there are drink slips on each table or are available from the service staff.

Can I upgrade to platinum? If you wish to transfer your membership to another lounge we can put you on a waiting list for specific lounges. Please note there is already a waiting list and current 1901 members will have no priority over non-members.

Where do I park? Parking has been allocated in both Bennetts Field and Sussex University, all allocations have been made and we are in no position to offer a transfer between car parks. Seasonal car parking at Sussex University is available to purchase for £360, please contact the Customer Services team on 0845 873 0251.

Can I purchase away tickets? The 1901 club has a small allocation which is on a first come first serve basis, one ticket per membership. Please contact the 1901 Club team by email: email1901[MENTION=5978]bhafc[/MENTION].co.uk with your request.

How do I pass my tickets on? Members can transfer their tickets to guests using the online fan portal. Visit seagulls.co.uk click on the fans tab and then click on E-Cash Top-up and log in using your Fan Number and Card Number. If you would like your guests to access the lounges you must pass on your lanyards or order day passes through the 1901 club using the details above.

Can I leave the stadium and get back in? There is strictly no re-admission once leaving through any of the exits.

Where can I smoke? Smoking is not permitted anywhere within the stadium. There are designated smoking areas on the external concourse. Members will not be re-admitted if they leave the stadium to smoke.

Where do I get a programme? All members will receive a complimentary programme on entry to the 1901 Club in the main ground floor reception areas.

How do I know the team? Due to the number of 1901 Club Members we are unable to print team sheets. The team line-up will be displayed on the TV screens in each lounge before kick off.

Thank you for your patience during the opening of the Amex Stadium.Everyone at the football club is working hard to ensure we deliver an enjoyable match day experience.

I look forward to seeing you at our first league match of the season.

Kind Regards

Paul Rogers
Head of Commercial Services

This is pleasing to hear, but I prefer a sweary shout-up, loads of singing, wearing my '78 replica shirt and ripping the piss out of those 'enjoying their matchday experience!...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

This bit made me laugh given we are within 5 days of the first evening game.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
The one that got me was the one we received yesterday about food for tomorrow. Someone not well versed in public relations told us in light of the feedback we ( the customers ) had given them they had decided to enhance our dining experience by removing all choice from the menu (we get what we're given) and food will now only be served at one o'clock (instead of anytime between 12.30 and 14.00). Really, seriously. I'd love to meet those people who voted for no choice and no flexibility in such numbers that they felt they had to change it.
A more cynical consumer might say that they are out if their depth, can't cope and are reverting to a school lunch experience to make their lives easy.
What was promised was four or five choices of fine dining served at a time convenient to you and you guests, what is materialising is a bad wedding reception at the Metropole.

High class problem, I know but still very annoying.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Frankly as fan who became a 1901 member I am embarassed by every single email I receive from them.

They need to wake up to the fact that there are hundreds of fans in the 1901 club and it will be them that renew not the fly by night companies.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I don't find it patronising at all - they're obviously being bombarded with the same questions over and over again.

The lack of menu choice is a bit of an issue though. I'm going for the whole experience tomorrow as it's the first game but have had to switch to the veggie option as the main course is the only meat I don't like. The starter's iffy too so I'm pretty much getting a whole meal now that I wouldn't ever order in a restaurant. Won't bother again unless I know for certain in advance what the food is.

DanielT

It's not patronising, even though you are patrons of the 1901 club. I can see how not being able to get into other lounges may annoy some.

Even more so the not being allowed to re-enter if you leave for a smoke!

It does seem, from what I have read on other 1901 threads, that there are various complaints, but they all boil down to the same basic root: "I don't want to be told what to do"

leforge

Jan 20, 2009
What's that about reserved away tickets?!?!?!

This was actually promised as part of the 1901 club when we had our presentation in March 2010 first chance on tickets for the big away games. This is first mention of it since March 2010 there probably not many reserved!

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
I don't find it patronising at all - they're obviously being bombarded with the same questions over and over again.

The lack of menu choice is a bit of an issue though. I'm going for the whole experience tomorrow as it's the first game but have had to switch to the veggie option as the main course is the only meat I don't like. The starter's iffy too so I'm pretty much getting a whole meal now that I wouldn't ever order in a restaurant. Won't bother again unless I know for certain in advance what the food is.

If I were you I'd stop off at a drive thru Maccie D's on the way there, couple of big macs, everyone's happy!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports