Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Ince playing the race card

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
If you do not see there being a problem then the do-nothing option is fine. And you can comfort yourself that adding an additional person to an interview list is discriminatory.

If you see there being a problem then positive action is best taken. And the experience of the NFL over a ten year period is hardly anecdotal. For me - I think positive action is best. And I do not view adding a person to an interview list as discriminatory. But I can understand why another person would. I just think - in the balance of things - so what ?

But, as I say if you do not see a problem - then the do-nothing option works fine.

Nowhere did I state that the right thing to do was nothing. I just don't think that this particular action is morally justified.

Is there a seriously a club in the UK that would not hire a manager because of the colour of his skin?

This is what I mean. I am not convinced that it is a problem.

Quoting stats about a low percentage of black managers is not enough for me. One could easily take this approach and use it to get absurd conclusions in other aspects of sport, e.g. four our of the starting 11 for the England game are not white, that's much higher than the national average. So should we be boosting more white players into the national team to keep everything level? It's utterly absurd.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here