Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Barber responds on Albion managerial situation

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
Pathetic blind faith. Like a child and a big bright light. Who's the nutter? Maybe the club is in safe hands maybe it isn't. The fact is you haven't got a f*cking clue anymore than the rest if us but because the stadiums nice that'll do......answer me these questions:

How much is Bloom worth?

How much of his personal investment do we have to pay back?

Why did we employ an obscene amount of staff for the first year at the AMEX only to make a large percentage of them redundant 12 months later?

How is the seemingly 'cheap' 1901 and corporate packages pricing restructure going to affect things when those come to an end and need renewing?

How much financial investment have we actually had from Nike and AMEX and are those deals results dependant?

What is our actual day to day operating loss/profit versus takings?

Oh and......

What is Tony Blooms actual job?! And why can you find no record of his activities anywhere? (Other than a professional gambling profile which lists his career winnings to date at just over £1.2m.....)

He might be polluted with cash. He might the most savvy business man in the country. He might just be intensely private. Or this could all go horribly wrong because there isn't actually any more money.

You know as much as anyone else so blind faith is a dangerous thing. But you carry on pal. The rest of us are all 'nutters'

Mad as a box of frogs!

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Mad as a box of frogs!

Thanks for the answers to the questions. Good lad. Enjoy your padded seats watching LGE 2 football in ten years and a beer in your lovely hotel for a post match £6 pint.

Nutter

Cheerio

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Barber's epistle to the minions here is slick but it says nothing that we didn't know already. Any of us could probably have written it, which can't be a good sign in terms of it containing any substance.

Which makes me curious to know: if this and last summers' events aren't enough to prompt a bit of curiosity about what really went on, then what would be? Is there anything at all that could go on at the club that might prompt apologists like you to say "right, we need some answers here"? Or would you always persist with this "nope, it's all none of our business, carry on" schtick?

To me, it's just plain weird even to think that way, with so little curiosity when such big - and generally harmful - events are going on.
Indeed,.... If you go through life with your head in the sand,... all people will see is an ass.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Pathetic blind faith. Like a child and a big bright light. Who's the nutter? Maybe the club is in safe hands maybe it isn't. The fact is you haven't got a f*cking clue anymore than the rest if us but because the stadiums nice that'll do......answer me these questions:

How much is Bloom worth?

How much of his personal investment do we have to pay back?

Why did we employ an obscene amount of staff for the first year at the AMEX only to make a large percentage of them redundant 12 months later?

How is the seemingly 'cheap' 1901 and corporate packages pricing restructure going to affect things when those come to an end and need renewing?

How much financial investment have we actually had from Nike and AMEX and are those deals results dependant?

What is our actual day to day operating loss/profit versus takings?

Oh and......

What is Tony Blooms actual job?! And why can you find no record of his activities anywhere? (Other than a professional gambling profile which lists his career winnings to date at just over £1.2m.....)

He might be polluted with cash. He might the most savvy business man in the country. He might just be intensely private. Or this could all go horribly wrong because there isn't actually any more money.

You know as much as anyone else so blind faith is a dangerous thing. But you carry on pal. The rest of us are all 'nutters'

All of the answers to your questions are on this board bar 1...the Nike deal. You just have to be bothered to look for it. Google has the answers as well if you do some research. None of it is a secret, it's just not widely known.

To help you out I will say find the names of the two gambling sites bloom owned then sold, then look for the sale agreement. Look at what else is registered to the small Brighton based Registered Address of the Albion. Look at what he did for Victor Chandler in the world cup finals that France ended up winning. There is much more but where's the fun in just being fed the answers. The answers are all there if you want to look for them.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
You really have become a tool these last two days. So boring. Change the record or let those who can see both sides of things (you know, grown ups) take the reigns.

Thank God for the grown-ups on here, that's all I can say. Raising the standards for the rest of us.

Incidentally, that statement you are creaming yourself about now has only appeared because people (mainly the Argus, but the club will also have also read NSC) have raised important questions. Initially they said no further comment. Today they have (correctly) realised that that position is a piss-take. Yes, there isn't much substance on the most awkward and key issues but that was predictable. And predicted.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
All of the answers to your questions are on this board bar 1...the Nike deal. You just have to be bothered to look for it. Google has the answers as well if you do some research. None of it is a secret, it's just not widely known.

To help you out I will say find the names of the two gambling sites bloom owned then sold, then look for the sale agreement. Look at what else is registered to the small Brighton based Registered Address of the Albion. Look at what he did for Victor Chandler in the world cup finals that France ended up winning. There is much more but where's the fun in just being fed the answers. The answers are all there if you want to look for them.

Good stuff. From a personal point that will ease my mind. I just like substance and fact. A nice padded seat doesn't really do it for me when it come to confidence in running a football club.

Thanks for the info

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
To help you out I will say find the names of the two gambling sites bloom owned then sold, then look for the sale agreement. Look at what else is registered to the small Brighton based Registered Address of the Albion. Look at what he did for Victor Chandler in the world cup finals that France ended up winning.

Blimey! Someone else who can use some intelligence to find out something about their club's chairman. Well, I never.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Barber's epistle to the minions here is slick but it says nothing that we didn't know already. Any of us could probably have written it, which can't be a good sign in terms of it containing any substance.

Which makes me curious to know: if this and last summers' events aren't enough to prompt a bit of curiosity about what really went on, then what would be? Is there anything at all that could go on at the club that might prompt apologists like you to say "right, we need some answers here"? Or would you always persist with this "nope, it's all none of our business, carry on" schtick?

To me, it's just plain weird even to think that way, with so little curiosity when such big - and generally harmful - events are going on.

I think it's more or less obvious what has gone on. The club have apparently not been supporting the manager with their preferred targets (for whatever reasons), & Oscar & Gus didn't have the mustard to focus when it mattered and get on with the job regardless of circumstances. That's how I see it anyway, nobody looks great from where I am sitting.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Thank God for the grown-ups on here, that's all I can say. Raising the standards for the rest of us.

Incidentally, that statement you are creaming yourself about now has only appeared because people (mainly the Argus, but the club will also have also read NSC) have raised important questions. Initially they said no further comment. Today they have (correctly) realised that that position is a piss-take. Yes, there isn't much substance on the most awkward and key issues but that was predictable. And predicted.

Like last year, when Poyet made an "I'm the victim" claim :tantrum: on BBC, the club have been prompted into putting out a statement by conjecture, speculation and Naylor (that Spanish weirdo too). I suppose that was inevitable but clearly they'd have preferred to leave it at that for the moment and get on with the frankly more important task of finding a replacement.
Why is their unwillingness to get into details a 'piss-take' exactly? WAY WAY WAY too much leaked out of the club in the wake of Poogate and they'll want to guarantee that this time it seems as mutual and respectful as possible, in stark contrast to the acrimony of last year.

Having the common sense to see that suggests that the silent majority were 'creaming' themselves over the statement does it?
Better than WETTING THE BED, I suppose :bigwave:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Okay, so apparently I have blind faith. Not true and exactly what I'm trying to say. The assumption with the ones who shout the loudest is that those who don't, take in everything the club says.

Let's turn this around and say the club's version of events is very different to Oscar's. What good does it do for anyone for the club to publicly say this and say OG did various things wrong? It certainly won't help them get a new manager or the public image of the club. People like you would no doubt turn on them again and say it makes the club look bad. They're in a no win situation and did the best they could.

And yes, to people saying we should question everything, I do think Tony Bloom deserves our trust. He has put so much into the club that I think he deserves our backing until anyone on here can show a genuine reason not to.

Finally, before anyone suggests I have an agenda against Oscar, I was very open in my support for him during the season and recently especially. I am sad to see him go but I'm not going to have a tantrum like some on here. Ironically, as I said earlier, a lot of the people shouting and screaming today were quite vocal in their criticism of Oscar, which is ironic.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I'm touched by your faith in Bloom, very moving. I'm sure that saccharine sycophantic online gratitude from people that he doesn't know is a big thing for him.

But that aside, you haven't actually answered my question, you've just started rambling a bit. So here's another chance: why not give an example of something that might make you say "I'm really not very happy with the information coming out of the club at the moment, I think they owe us fans an explanation in the light of what's happened". Because it's clear that losing two managers within one year doesn't even prompt that. What might? Cheers.

Okay, so apparently I have blind faith. Not true and exactly what I'm trying to say. The assumption with the ones who shout the loudest is that those who don't, take in everything the club says.

Let's turn this around and say the club's version of events is very different to Oscar's. What good does it do for anyone for the club to publicly say this and say OG did various things wrong? It certainly won't help them get a new manager or the public image of the club. People like you would no doubt turn on them again and say it makes the club look bad. They're in a no win situation and did the best they could.

And yes, to people saying we should question everything, I do think Tony Bloom deserves our trust. He has put so much into the club that I think he deserves our backing until anyone on here can show a genuine reason not to.

Finally, before anyone suggests I have an agenda against Oscar, I was very open in my support for him during the season and recently especially. I am sad to see him go but I'm not going to have a tantrum like some on here. Ironically, as I said earlier, a lot of the people shouting and screaming today were quite vocal in their criticism of Oscar, which is ironic.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Well the posts today have kept me interested and amused. Some in fact have made me feel reasonably educated, and quite surprisingly almost bright.
I wonder sometimes how people who you might imagine had a lot of things in common, actually don't! Though we all no doubt support the club through thick 'n' thin, well apart from the couple of tossers who aren't renewing their ST because they don't know who the managers going to be FFS. Why do so many supporters seem to love the club whilst declaring war on the board.
Is it not even slightly possible that everything Paul Barber said is in fact true, and there is no hiding anything. As enjoyably mysterious as all the alternatives are I personally think he is an honest and upstanding guy. He's as far fetched from any "Delboy" than most in the footy world. I'm not that bothered that Oscar has left simply for me his brand of soccer was not a winning one. But I'd be mortified if PB jacked it in, because in my eyes and in the now corporate world of soccer he's probably the best there is.
And if I have any doubts about what comes out of the Amex it's only that I think someone there needs to liaising with the media or forums on a much more frequent basis. This as much to keep us uninformed fans from silly second guessing as to protect their credibility when some accuse them of chicanery. :smile:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
"Paul Barber says he and chairman Tony Bloom have already received significant levels of interest from a number of potential high quality candidates for the job"

51FQq0NRFVL.jpeg

horseheadmask-3-45707_300x300.jpg

Attachments

• tumblr_meqfauhNqX1r7k8b9o1_400.jpg
    tumblr_meqfauhNqX1r7k8b9o1_400.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 300

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Your worry if you want pal - while your doing that I'm going to put my trust in the people who paid for our lovely £100m stadium with padded seats and good beer, oh and our £25m training facility and the plan to build a hotel to generate more revenue - I really really reckon these people have the best interests of the football club at heart, don't you?

Do you understand the difference between the words scrutinise and worry? Or perhaps you could point out where I said Bloom doesn't have the club's interests at heart, because I don't see it. Maybe before you patronise me you might try actually reading what I wrote. It sort of undermines your air of smug condescension when you miss my point quite so spectacularly.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I'm touched by your faith in Bloom, very moving. I'm sure that saccharine sycophantic online gratitude from people that he doesn't know is a big thing for him.

But that aside, you haven't actually answered my question, you've just started rambling a bit. So here's another chance: why not give an example of something that might make you say "I'm really not very happy with the information coming out of the club at the moment, I think they owe us fans an explanation in the light of what's happened". Because it's clear that losing two managers within one year doesn't even prompt that. What might? Cheers.

I'll give you credit, you're good. Completely ignore pretty much everything I say and try to take the moral high ground. Well played.

I covered pretty much everything you said but will go back if you want. If you want an example, if the club gave the manager job to Nathan Jones, I would obviously question what they were doing. Happy with that? To turn it round, can you tell me how it would help the club to come out and have a public dispute with Oscar and argue with his version of events? Would it help us get a new manager?

Personally, I'm going to see what happens in terms of a new manager before I judge. I rated Oscar but if we end up with Steve Clarke, for example, I'll be pretty happy.

As for Tony Bloom, I doubt he cares what I think but it was hardly the point of my post. What has really annoyed me and prompted me to post today is not your views but how dismissive you and others are of anyone who disagrees. You only have to look at your posts on this thread to see my point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here