Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Paul Barber explains the matchday requirements- youtube video

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
One quick question:

If I’ve had my two covid jabs do I need to get an NHS covid pass or is a photo of the vaccine card enough?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Anyone can get 2 boxes of tests from a pharmacy. That's 14 tests. We get ours from boots in George Street Hove. They don't ask questions just give them out.

14 would probably last me three seasons!

Supporting scanning the ECDC format would be handy but I understand it's a fair bit of work for probably a handful of people per match at most.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Poor Joel. I had a conversation with Joel yesterday about something unrelated to this (something fairly sensible, I like to think). He was clearly having a horrible day.

He was lovely, and very professional though.

He rearranged a stadium tour for me once, A1 service from the young man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Are they really going to get stewards to search fans , especially with the risks involved , the last thing I want is to have some steward in my face searching me whilst breathing all over me .

I went to an event at the weekend (where vaccination/negative test was mandatory), and yes, searching was really thorough so expect normality there.

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
14 would probably last me three seasons!

Supporting scanning the ECDC format would be handy but I understand it's a fair bit of work for probably a handful of people per match at most.

We test twice a week per guidance as we live with. 2 school age grandchildren.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I believe that the email is more or less instantaneous.

Pre Covid I used to get to most home games and a bunch of aways. Last game was Wolves away in March 2020. Even though I could have got a ticket for Man City it was simply not prudent to travel then. Very sad to have missed that one. This season it will all depend on whether travel remains possible and prudent.

My first travel of any sort since March 2020 will be to England on Aug 20 and I'll be around Brighton for Watford and Everton. So, I'll have experience of the covid entrance requirements after Watford. I'm still a bit nervous about it because I can't take the test until the evening before the match and that doesn't leave much time if everything doesn't work smoothly.

If you're not going to the Watford game, I can post on here afterwards to let you know whether there were any issues.

This explains the process beautifully

https://editorial.uefa.com/resources/026a-127818f9320c-609f5ba02ba2-1000/lon_-_lfd_process_flow.pdf

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I went to the Chelsea game last night. Having driven to Morden caught the bus to Wimbledon, hardly anyone wearing a mask there. Caught a tube to Fulham Broadway, probably 1 in 10 wearing a mask....No checks to get in the stadium, scanned my ticket and in I went. Literally a handful of people wearing masks in the stadium. Didn't see anyone getting challenged at all.

(I support the Albion’s new protocols btw).

But you’re spot on about mask wearing, to all intents it’s been abandoned.

A fortnight ago we got a Brighton to London train, 90% of passengers wore masks. The return journey this Tuesday on a packed commuter train from London Bridge, I saw just one bloke wearing a mask.

Personally I think they made a significant difference. But folk are sick of using them.

My guess is that there’ll be a majority not using them on the trains (it’s not a legal requirement) and that stewards in the concourses will have a difficult task getting stubborn folk to use them.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
So much for "freedom day". What a very unpleasant experience attending the Amex looks like being. The only good thing will (hopefully) watching what goes on on the pitch, but even then wearing fecking masks. The rest of the experience will be a bit like going to school. Check this, check that, don't do this, don't do that. Wear a mask, don't hug people, don't shout. And I thought going to a football game was supposed to fun? Not at the Amex I fear.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
So much for "freedom day". What a very unpleasant experience attending the Amex looks like being. The only good thing will (hopefully) watching what goes on on the pitch, but even then wearing fecking masks. The rest of the experience will be a bit like going to school. Check this, check that, don't do this, don't do that. Wear a mask, don't hug people, don't shout. And I thought going to a football game was supposed to fun? Not at the Amex I fear.

You don’t have to wear a ‘fecking mask’ (or any other type of mask) in your seat. Real shame the club haven’t provided any guidance on this isn’t it :shrug:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The rest of the experience will be a bit like going to school. Check this, check that, don't do this, don't do that. Wear a mask, don't hug people, don't shout. And I thought going to a football game was supposed to fun? Not at the Amex I fear.

Don’t forget your dinner money, oh hang on it’s card payment only now :)

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I’m sure they won’t turn you away. Feel free to PM me with questions and I will try to help further.

Just received my Season ticket. Card as before but with my picture on it.(presumably no other id needed) Just need confirmation of having two jabs and I`ll be at the game next week.:):)

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I can confirm there was none of this tosh at Brentford last night. Man Utd your encouraged to down load the NHS app and carry ID in case of a spot check.

No checks at Newcastle why are we putting our supporters through this charade.

Last edited:

Jay White

Banned
Jul 26, 2021
Come early and do what? The pre-match American style $$$$ that is broadcast load and clear doesn’t interest me at all. “We need to comply” – no you are wrong we do not because it’s not legal. So 1901 guests don’t need to comply but the riff raff do? As a lateral flow test can be faked all these measures are somewhat pointless surely? Masks not required in seat and eating/drinking so will sales of chewing gum go up? Parking is a nightmare always has been. Really the club need to have provided thousands literally thousands of more park and ride as this is a far safer option than sardines on a train.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here