[Albion] Paul Barber explains the matchday requirements- youtube video

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
You don't see the difference between a few hundred people rattling round a stadium with few enclosed areas and a 30000 stadium crammed with people in indoor environments?

No, I get that, but in a small non-league ground that only has a few hundred attendees there are usually only a small handful of seats under cover. As far as I am aware the spacing between those seats, which are often all taken, is pretty much the same as at a premier league football ground. Regarding the indoors environment - point taken.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Poor Joel. I had a conversation with Joel yesterday about something unrelated to this (something fairly sensible, I like to think). He was clearly having a horrible day.

He was lovely, and very professional though.

The kid can multi-task though…

tenor.gif

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
No, I get that, but in a small non-league ground that only has a few hundred attendees there are usually only a small handful of seats under cover. As far as I am aware the spacing between those seats, which are often all taken, is pretty much the same as at a premier league football ground. Regarding the indoors environment - point taken.

I think that is the big one - people facing in all directions in an indoor environment. Whilst at a game, mostly looking forward and outside.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I live in Ireland and so have had all the same questions.

I emailed the club and they won't accept my EU certificate which is proof that I am double vaccinated. I kind of understand this since they need to keep it as simple as possible for stewards.

I was not geo blocked from the reporting link. However, you get stuck because you need a test strip code which comes off off the kit you pick up in a UK pharmacy.

I have checked with people who have used the process though. It asks for your NHS number if you have it but it is not a requirement. It asks which country you live in and you will have to say England. It also asks for your address so I guess you put where you are staying. It also asks for phone number and email address.

Once the result is reported to them it sends an email confirming your report. I think it sends a text as well but have not had that confirmed.

So, hopefully this will all work ok.

Many many thanks for this most helpful post. It answers almost all my questions…….do you happen to know how long it takes from the moment you report the test to getting the email ? Hopefully it’s reasonably instantaneous.

Do you think you will get to games?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
There have been recent events in the States like the Springsteen show on Broadway where proof of vaccination by Astra Zeneca was not acceptable, it had to be one of the US manufactured vaccines which seems completely ridiculous

That was the original decision but it was changed shortly after to accept Astra Zeneca, but totally pointless given that we are currently banned from entering America except for a few strict exemptions.

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
Many many thanks for this most helpful post. It answers almost all my questions…….do you happen to know how long it takes from the moment you report the test to getting the email ? Hopefully it’s reasonably instantaneous.

Do you think you will get to games?

I believe that the email is more or less instantaneous.

Pre Covid I used to get to most home games and a bunch of aways. Last game was Wolves away in March 2020. Even though I could have got a ticket for Man City it was simply not prudent to travel then. Very sad to have missed that one. This season it will all depend on whether travel remains possible and prudent.

My first travel of any sort since March 2020 will be to England on Aug 20 and I'll be around Brighton for Watford and Everton. So, I'll have experience of the covid entrance requirements after Watford. I'm still a bit nervous about it because I can't take the test until the evening before the match and that doesn't leave much time if everything doesn't work smoothly.

If you're not going to the Watford game, I can post on here afterwards to let you know whether there were any issues.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I believe that the email is more or less instantaneous.

Pre Covid I used to get to most home games and a bunch of aways. Last game was Wolves away in March 2020. Even though I could have got a ticket for Man City it was simply not prudent to travel then. Very sad to have missed that one. This season it will all depend on whether travel remains possible and prudent.

My first travel of any sort since March 2020 will be to England on Aug 20 and I'll be around Brighton for Watford and Everton. So, I'll have experience of the covid entrance requirements after Watford. I'm still a bit nervous about it because I can't take the test until the evening before the match and that doesn't leave much time if everything doesn't work smoothly.

If you're not going to the Watford game, I can post on here afterwards to let you know whether there were any issues.

Instantaneous, good to know. My thinking is I will stock up on NHS testing kits so I always have one to hand when I fly in; then it's just a case of doing it and getting the result. If it goes to plan it's not too much of a hardship.......

My match attendance was similar to yours pre-Covid. Likewise, I'll attend if travel is possible and prudent. Due to other commitments this season, I do not plan to attend a game until first week of October. If you can post your Watford experience I will be appreciative. Good luck.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Instantaneous, good to know. My thinking is I will stock up on NHS testing kits so I always have one to hand when I fly in; then it's just a case of doing it and getting the result. If it goes to plan it's not too much of a hardship.......

My match attendance was similar to yours pre-Covid. Likewise, I'll attend if travel is possible and prudent. Due to other commitments this season, I do not plan to attend a game until first week of October. If you can post your Watford experience I will be appreciative. Good luck.

I believe you can pick up two testing kits per week from GPs, if you could get as many friends and family to get their hands on them over the next week or two, could have a reasonable stash for the coming months ahead [emoji1303]

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I believe you can pick up two testing kits per week from GPs, if you could get as many friends and family to get their hands on them over the next week or two, could have a reasonable stash for the coming months ahead [emoji1303]

Thanks for this; my friends will be getting text messages over the coming weeks.

All I need now is to find out how wide/deep* my man bag can be and I’m good to go; can’t see what all the fuss is about!

* “maximum permitted [bag] size will be A4 (297mm x 210mm).” - info only states two dimensions.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
As I said on another thread, returning to a near empty Gatwick earlier in the year, it was total chaos at passport control. 2 hours to get through all because the majority in front were totally ill prepared or unable to perform the simplest of tasks.

Solution ... create an idiot queue - if you can't perform the required task in x seconds you are hooked out and sent 'over there'

Will this idiot queue be clearly signed?

Just asking for a friend :)

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Can someone who is not NHS registered actually get an NHS lateral flow test from a pharmacy?

Double vaccinated with the EU ECDC, but that's not accepted to get an NHS Covid Pass (actually, there may be a way to get one via Northern Ireland - might have to check that)

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Can someone who is not NHS registered actually get an NHS lateral flow test from a pharmacy?

Double vaccinated with the EU ECDC, but that's not accepted to get an NHS Covid Pass (actually, there may be a way to get one via Northern Ireland - might have to check that)

See post 115, not sure but may be helpful

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
All of your questions have been politely answered by multiple posters. This means that either;
1) you are having difficulty following simple instructions and need friends or family to sort it out for you
Or
2) You are raising problems to make some sort of point

I am going to assume 1)[/QUOTE

Def 1. Sons have smartphones and can prob help but they don`t live with me or even nearby.
Also 2. I am making the point that without smartphone what people need and how to get what is needed is less clear.
Hopefully be at first Home Game. Not turned away at the ground for not having correct whatever required.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Are they really going to get stewards to search fans , especially with the risks involved , the last thing I want is to have some steward in my face searching me whilst breathing all over me .

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021

Anyone can get 2 boxes of tests from a pharmacy. That's 14 tests. We get ours from boots in George Street Hove. They don't ask questions just give them out.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
)[/QUOTE

Def 1. Sons have smartphones and can prob help but they don`t live with me or even nearby.
Also 2. I am making the point that without smartphone what people need and how to get what is needed is less clear.
Hopefully be at first Home Game. Not turned away at the ground for not having correct whatever required.

I’m sure they won’t turn you away. Feel free to PM me with questions and I will try to help further.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports