Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Paul Barber explains the matchday requirements- youtube video

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I'll play along, but I'm fully expecting chaos and long waits for the ID checks.

I'm also fully expecting it to be a futile exercise. The only thing that can keep you safe is the vaccine.
Putting on a mask for the 2 minutes I either haven't got a pint in my hand or I'm not stood in front of my seat won't make any difference at all, so what's the point?
It doesn't need to be enforced, those who are worried are free to wear a mask and avoid the crowds. Those who aren't worried should be allowed to just get on with it.

They want us to distance in the toilet but in the next breath create an extra pinch point where people are packed together for an ID check.

It's just box ticking and arse covering exercise so they can say that did something when inevitably a few people catch covid at the stadium.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
An admission that this is all hugely and quite likely unnecessarily overcautious.

Disagree. The club (and other clubs) know that if there are spike associated with their fixtures then the Government and local authorities will act swiftly and we'll start to see capacity reductions again. It's so, so much better to be safe than sorry with this thing.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Is a work Photo ID acceptable. It's the only photo I'd I have other than a passport??

This seems to be the one thing not covered in all the comms……a statement about what is acceptable would be useful but from previous discussions it seems to be anything that has your name and photo on it - work, railcard etc.

On the basis it says ‘photo ID’ without being specific I’m pretty sure a work ID would be ok. Copies are also apparently acceptable so if you really don’t want to take your passport, take a copy of it.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Disagree. The club (and other clubs) know that if there are spike associated with their fixtures then the Government and local authorities will act swiftly and we'll start to see capacity reductions again. It's so, so much better to be safe than sorry with this thing.

Yep, all of this is to avoid loss of fans/income. The club is merely protecting itself against possible liability.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'll play along, but I'm fully expecting chaos and long waits for the ID checks.

Quite probably but how much of that chaos will be the clubs fault?

Have your ID ready.
Have both apps open on your phone.

Show - scan - in.

Rocket science it ain't.

Yet I'm sure they'll be plenty completely incapable of following the simpliest of instructions, while assuming they have enough time at 17:29 to allow for their incompetence.

Oh and no prizes for guessing who's fault it'll be.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Have your ID ready.

Show - scan - in.

Rocket science it ain't.

Yet I'm sure they'll be plenty completely incapable of following the simpliest of instructions, while assuming they have enough time at 17:29 to allow for their incompetence.

About 3-4 seconds per (organised) fan.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
To that all I would say is grow up. The rules, as many rules are, are there to prevent the people that would lie to get into a game. What happens if someone not quite as honest as you decides to lend their ticket to a banned fan who then claims to be the ticket holder. As for providing proof of covid status, it is meaningless if you can't prove that it's you!!

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, it’s meaningless anyway because all you need to do is scan a QR code and click negative. Not advocating it, but that’s the reality.

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
Disappointed there won’t be any highlights and/or early/late kick off games being shown on the concourse televisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Have your ID ready.

Show - scan - in.

Rocket science it ain't.

Blaming the club for delays in people passing through the checks would be like blaming Southern rail for people pissing about at the ticket barriers at rush hour because they didn't get their ticket out 30 seconds earlier

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

Have your ID ready.

Show - scan - in.

Rocket science it ain't.

As I said on another thread, returning to a near empty Gatwick earlier in the year, it was total chaos at passport control. 2 hours to get through all because the majority in front were totally ill prepared or unable to perform the simplest of tasks.

Solution ... create an idiot queue - if you can't perform the required task in x seconds you are hooked out and sent 'over there'

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
About 3-4 seconds per (organised) fan.

If that.

We went to both December (?) games, with extra ID checks.
I don't remember stopping walking forward.

Got my poop together coming down from the bus park.
Show ID.
Show ticket.
Temperature check.
Pat down.
In.

(It might be quicker if the club didn't employ vets to take the temperature - I sent them a thank you note, anyway)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
As I said on another thread, returning to a near empty Gatwick earlier in the year, it was total chaos at passport control. 2 hours to get through all because the majority in front were totally ill prepared or unable to perform the simplest of tasks.

Solution ... create an idiot queue - if you can't perform the required task in x seconds you are hooked out and sent 'over there'
Sets of stocks waiting [emoji16]

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I went to the Chelsea game last night. Having driven to Morden caught the bus to Wimbledon, hardly anyone wearing a mask there. Caught a tube to Fulham Broadway, probably 1 in 10 wearing a mask....No checks to get in the stadium, scanned my ticket and in I went. Literally a handful of people wearing masks in the stadium. Didn't see anyone getting challenged at all.

This is the frustration. Whilst have no problem adhering to Albion rules hard to understand compared to all other venues with big crowds we are so over the top. Maybe people will say others will copy us

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016

They should have an idiot queue at the kiosks…10mins queuing….what did Dave want? Dave, Dave, Dave, Harvey’s? Okay 1 Harvey’s. Steve, Steve, what did you want? Fosters? Fosters? Okay, 1 Heineken….:facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here