Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Paul Barber explains the matchday requirements- youtube video

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Considering I have been double jabbed, have downloaded my covid pass and will be happy to show it I can hardly be described as an anti-vaxxer. What I object to is having done that I then have to provide photographic ID to prove that I am who I say I am. The presumption being that I am some chancer looking to game the system so I can cause my fellow fans harm.

I suspect that most posters on here have a driving license, or an NUS card, travel card or some such that they carry around as a matter of course so the ID is not even something worth a second thought.

Some people however do not have it, or they just have a passport. To get a ticket for the Albion you already have to register a lot of details to attend games, they know who I am and I should not have to bring my passport to prove it. What I will do now is buy a network card or take a photo of my passport. So yes I will end up providing something. So even if ultimately if it is not a "hassle" it is still "bollocks". Every, and I mean every, other venue I attend does not require me to provide photo ID and I do not see why having provided proof of my covid status I should then provide even more proof of who I am.

The presumption of guilt really annoys me.

Sorry, but....

The problem is, that some ARE chancers and they must be stopped. Some on here have already talked about taking screenshots and getting around the negative LFT requirements.

I have no issue at all with complying with whatever the club ask of us to ensure everyone is as safe as possible. And as the club has stated - this is all ahead of what is expected for all PL clubs from 1st October. I think it's quite sensible that they put these processes in place now so that they can be improved/tweaked as necessary.

I'll be at the Getafe game ... I'll get there nice and early ... I'll cooperate with those that we have to present the various bits to ... pie and a cuppa ... enjoy the game ... and then the season starts for real!

...this

It’s not a presumption of guilt, it’s a simple control measure.

Showing Covid status without matching ID would be completely pointless - have experienced this at an event already. That was truly a waste of time.

...and this.

It is not presuming YOUR guilt but presuming SOME. The usual suspects are already all over NSC going on about sharing phones, travelling to the stadium but not entering and about how you can enter LF test results without taking one.

As I said in my earlier post this morning we're a million miles away from Lockdown 1 but we're not fully normal yet. What PB is doing, and what he has said, is to be commended.

The alternative is a severe risk to his business and, by default, to the team we all support. Now that really would be bollocks.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Just looked at my NHS app (having had both doses of the vaccine in Feb then in May) and it says my Covid pass expires on 4th September.

I don't think I can go and ask for another jab so after the above date will I therefore have to have a lateral flow test for every game?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Clearly minds are not going to be changed here, and I respect that.

I shall be producing a newly purchased network card with photo in support of my covid passport at the Watford game.

This does not diminish my objection to having to produce ID, if you can fake an LFT test result for pre October games then your photo ID becomes meaningless. But hey ho, if we all agreed on here this would be a dull place.

That said to prevent further talking around in circles I shall take a break from these threads and get back to fretting about whether we are signing Nunez and Cucurella.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I had a quick search and can’t find any other club having these kind of measures unless someone knows better. They all have the match ticket must match ID and that’s about it.

Arsenal fan lobs bottle at Spurs player Barber instantly bans bottle tops. England fans fake covid tests at Wembley Barber comes out with this tripe.

The first club I checked - Chelsea have these requirements.

Covid-19 protocols

Supporters attending our home matches this season will be required to provide evidence they are at low risk of transmitting Covid-19. This is to increase the safety and comfort of our supporters, players and staff as we begin hosting capacity crowds for the first time since March.

This can be done through proof of full Covid-19 vaccination (with both doses received at least 14 days prior to the match) or proof of a negative Lateral Flow Test (LFT – from age 11 and over) carried out within 48 hours of the fixture kicking off. See here for more information.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Just looked at my NHS app (having had both doses os the vaccine in Feb then in May) and it says my Covid pass expires on 4th September.

I don't think I can go and ask for another jab so after the above date will I therefore have to have a lateral flow test for every game?

The covid pass only lasts for a month at a time.

Does anyone know what the rules are for an 18 year old? My youngest has had the first jab but isn't due his other for a little while yet. Does he need to take the test?

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Just looked at my NHS app (having had both doses of the vaccine in Feb then in May) and it says my Covid pass expires on 4th September.

The app refreshes each time you use it with the expiry date being 30 days from the day you look at it ... so you'll be fine :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I just can't get my head around the USUAL negativity.

I'm certain the club announcing:-

'we're going to give each person attending the Watford game one million pounds'

would be met with:-

'Will it be cash?'
'I'm not giving them my bank details'.
'Only a million'.
'Can I have mine in Euros?'

The club are always over cautious.
The club always go above the bottom line.
The club never screws us over.
Usually the club carry a financial cost for their caution.

How many other club fans can say that?
FFS how many governments can that?

Unbelievably, despite everything that's happened (over my 40+ years) some of us have no idea how lucky they are.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I just can't get my head around the USUAL negativity.

I'm certain the club announcing:-

'we're going to give each person attending the Watford game one million pounds'

would be met with:-

'Will it be cash?'
'I'm not giving them my bank details'.
'Only a million'.
'Can I have mine in Euros?'

Ha! Yes.

And there probably wouldn't be many saying, "Can I just pass it on to a mate?"

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Clearly minds are not going to be changed here, and I respect that.

I shall be producing a newly purchased network card with photo in support of my covid passport at the Watford game.

This does not diminish my objection to having to produce ID, if you can fake an LFT test result for pre October games then your photo ID becomes meaningless. But hey ho, if we all agreed on here this would be a dull place.

That said to prevent further talking around in circles I shall take a break from these threads and get back to fretting about whether we are signing Nunez and Cucurella.

Don’t think you need to pay for a network railcard? They are free and they make them up on the spot at the ticket office………

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ha! Yes.

And there probably wouldn't be many saying, "Can I just pass it on to a mate?"

Got another one:-

"Just my luck, I'm now not going to be eligible for Family Tax Credit'.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The covid pass only lasts for a month at a time.

Does anyone know what the rules are for an 18 year old? My youngest has had the first jab but isn't due his other for a little while yet. Does he need to take the test?

My grandson is 17 and not yet jabbed. He is going to take a lft, like he does for 6th form college.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Seems to me, an unexpected benefit of these new entry rules is that they will filter out a number of argumentative idiots from attended games.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
As someone who is a regular non-league attendee, I do feel a bit sorry for you all. The game I saw last week i just showed my ticket and walked straight in. I'm not critical of what the club are doing, but I don't understand why there is such a difference across the footballing spectrum.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Seems to me, an unexpected benefit of these new entry rules is that they will filter out a number of argumentative idiots from attended games.

Unless you get jabbed now.

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
The first club I checked - Chelsea have these requirements.

Covid-19 protocols

Supporters attending our home matches this season will be required to provide evidence they are at low risk of transmitting Covid-19. This is to increase the safety and comfort of our supporters, players and staff as we begin hosting capacity crowds for the first time since March.

This can be done through proof of full Covid-19 vaccination (with both doses received at least 14 days prior to the match) or proof of a negative Lateral Flow Test (LFT – from age 11 and over) carried out within 48 hours of the fixture kicking off. See here for more information.

I went to the Chelsea game last night. Having driven to Morden caught the bus to Wimbledon, hardly anyone wearing a mask there. Caught a tube to Fulham Broadway, probably 1 in 10 wearing a mask....No checks to get in the stadium, scanned my ticket and in I went. Literally a handful of people wearing masks in the stadium. Didn't see anyone getting challenged at all.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As someone who is a regular non-league attendee, I do feel a bit sorry for you all. The game I saw last week i just showed my ticket and walked straight in. I'm not critical of what the club are doing, but I don't understand why there is such a difference across the footballing spectrum.
Blimey 33,000 supporters at a non league game, I'm surprised that didn't make the news.

I bet the indoor concourses were rammed.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

You don't see the difference between a few hundred people rattling round a stadium with few enclosed areas and a 30000 stadium crammed with people in indoor environments?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here