Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Barber- Championship CEO of the Year

Digweed's Testicle

Build A Bonfire
Jan 11, 2004
Hartlepool
I would love to know what he did to warrant the award.

1463539_10202339762397898_1053727668_n.jpg

The CEO award was sponsored by fcbusiness magazine.
Voting forms were sent to every football club in the top four divisions plus the SPL for CEOs to vote for their fellows in their own divisions. These are the people who understand what is going on behind closed doors and are regularly conversing so have a good understanding on what each is doing. Paul Barber was the clear winner from the vote count in the Championship category. As a club, this bodes well for the Albion if we are being recognised not only for our play on the pitch but also for such things as our community work and business dealings behind the scenes.

From the list of five winning CEOs from across the divisions, an overall winner was then selected by industry journalists who regularly work with all of the clubs.

Tony Scholes at Stoke is also highly regarded while I found Russ Green at Hartlepool very aware that fan engagement is vital for a club their size and he was proud of their season ticket deals last year.

An eversion of the Awards programme of the night can be viewed at http://www.fcbusiness.co.uk/eversion/FBA13/fba13/

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Might this somehow stop him from bullying NSC when he reads something that he doesn't like? I do hope so.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Cut the operational costs of the club
Increase revenues of the club
Allow the player budget to be increased whilst complying with FFP.

But why was Barber's cost cutting and revenue increasing better than 91 other clubs?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
But why was Barber's cost cutting and revenue increasing better than 91 other clubs?

Because he has delivered a £2million reduction in TB's contribution at the same time as increasing the playing budget, whilst staying within FFP limits.

I think the way he handled a certain ex-manager related issue, which was settled without compensation, may have impressed the judges too.

There are issues that I have with him, but they are NSC, rather than Albion, related.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I went to primary school with one of those on the judging panel; he was a big Spurs fan.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Personally, I reckon a club CEO who hasn't had a spanking new stadium and conference facility to play with might have been more deserving - someone from a smaller club managing to make ends meet maybe? This looks like backslapping at its worst.

Jan 30, 2008
Personally, I reckon a club CEO who hasn't had a spanking new stadium and conference facility to play with might have been more deserving - someone from a smaller club managing to make ends meet maybe? This looks like backslapping at its worst.
jobs for the boys , i would suggest these people are on another planet to the general fan in the stadium, anyone who can't see that is a bit deluded in my eyes, IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY !!!
regards
DR

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
jobs for the boys , i would suggest these people are on another planet to the general fan in the stadium, anyone who can't see that is a bit deluded in my eyes, IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY !!!
regards
DR

Whether we like it or not, modern football IS all about the money. It's why we have the Amex stadium, for one thing.

Jan 30, 2008
Whether we like it or not, modern football IS all about the money. It's why we have the Amex stadium, for one thing.
i know but it get's to a point where it will become a closed shop ,IS THAT REALLY WHAT FOOTBALL IS ALL ABOUT , sad day when it does, they(Blatter&co) might as well have a EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE and let the rest just pick up the pieces
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
I'm not denying that, but given the case, it's better to have someone in charge who knows what he is doing.
as you know it's all self interest, it's the price you pay for keeping up with big boys , I'M NOT DENYING YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH THE TIMES BUT HOW MANY CAN AFFORD TO KEEP UP IN THE LONG RUN
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here