Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Barber- Championship CEO of the Year

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
No it isn't. We're a football club and will continue to be so long after his corporate billy big bollox has gone. And when the likes of Alan Sanders and Steve Ford will be allowed to reinstate/continue their own award-winning development of AITC rather than the Edwards p&l version.

AITC is not a blank cheque from TB.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
No it isn't. We're a football club and will continue to be so long after his corporate billy big bollox has gone.

Without him, if we're losing money at the rate we have done in the past few years then i severely doubt we would be. It's not the 70's anymore.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
AITC was becoming a joke. Should be Albion in the Community, not Albion paid jolly over to Africa... How can a charity have operating costs, outweighing (I believe) the money it was raising ?

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
AITC was becoming a joke. Should be Albion in the Community, not Albion paid jolly over to Africa... How can a charity have operating costs, outweighing (I believe) the money it was raising ?

After auditing several charities, each ones costs were outweighing their fundraising except one. So I'm guessing its pretty normal.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
After auditing several charities, each ones costs were outweighing their fundraising except one. So I'm guessing its pretty normal.

Does that make it OK? What if the person funding those significant operating costs, decides the benefits generated by the fundraising, are not what he wants.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
No it isn't. We're a football club and will continue to be so long after his corporate billy big bollox has gone. And when the likes of Alan Sanders and Steve Ford will be allowed to reinstate/continue their own award-winning development of AITC rather than the Edwards p&l version.

Excellent example of enlightened thinking, sooner we get back to Withdean the better.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
What has he done that every other CEO in the country has not done.

For me he should be judged on 2 things (a) making the club self sufficient ie only spend what you earn. (b) results on the pitch

There is no point cutting down investment in the team to balance the books if that means the success of the team is affected thus
the club revenues being reduced.That being said there is no point investing heavily in the team meaning that the team is reliant on success on the pitch.

I think that PB has had to make some tough decisions but joined a club whose revenues were on the increase.
I'm not saying that he has an easy job but I think he has it a lot easier than a lot of CEO's in the championship.

I would love to know what he did to warrant the award.

Mr Albion

Nov 7, 2003
brighton
image.jpg

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven

For me he should be judged on 2 things (a) making the club self sufficient ie only spend what you earn. (b) results on the pitch

There is no point cutting down investment in the team to balance the books if that means the success of the team is affected thus
the club revenues being reduced.That being said there is no point investing heavily in the team meaning that the team is reliant on success on the pitch.

I think that PB has had to make some tough decisions but joined a club whose revenues were on the increase.
I'm not saying that he has an easy job but I think he has it a lot easier than a lot of CEO's in the championship.

I think the silence says it all

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes

Mmm, I would be interested to know what the criteria was.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I think the silence says it all

...or, that you need to give people more than 2 hours on a Friday night to reply?

Besides, i'm not totally sure that it's up to Barber to provide results on the pitch; that's down to Oscar and Burke. Barber just gives them the financial framework to do their business within.

Genuine question: Would anything that is posted here change your mind? From your post i get the feeling you've made your mind up about him.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
AITC does not get any cheques from TB. At least it didn't until DK was removed from his post.

Edit: Apologies. That should have said 'stepped down'.

He had to go. He went. Should've happened sooner TBH.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here