Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Paul Barber and Bennet's Field.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Suspect the land will end up being ours. Just seems to me that Farmer Bennet held a decent hand and now has a pocket full of aces. The planning permission dramatically increased the value of his land and Bloom may well pay the asking price.

The lizard slayed by the farmer!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
A good poker player knows when to fold

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Suspect the land will end up being ours. Just seems to me that Farmer Bennet held a decent hand and now has a pocket full of aces. The planning permission dramatically increased the value of his land and Bloom may well pay the asking price.

The lizard slayed by the farmer!
Bennet never been a Farmer.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Why does he own the land? What was the purpose
Bennets lived in big house in Falmer, Big houses usually had a few acres for horse or perhaps an Orchard. Latterly land was rented to local Farmer who grew arable crops up until Amex built. All the land above field and above Amex belongs to Brighton Council and is farmed by their tenants

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Bennets lived in big house in Falmer, Big houses usually had a few acres for horse or perhaps an Orchard. Latterly land was rented to local Farmer who grew arable crops up until Amex built. All the land above field and above Amex belongs to Brighton Council and is farmed by their tenants
Maybe I am just not observant enough but I have never seen anything being farmed in the adjoining field on the south side of the stadium?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here