Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Patience is a virtue

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Players aren't part of the success equation at the start of the thread. Players will go in and out of form, get injured, suspended be bought for silly money. Sticking with a manager of Poyet's ambition, pedigree and ability to attract quality players whilst developing young talent and helping all players to adopt the same style. Poyet is a class act and will help to bring success to Brighton. We can emulate Norwich, Seansea, West Brom and become an established top ten team. We just need to all be patience and give Bloom and Poyet and our team our full and unequivocal support. Patience is a virtue.

I agree with the OP entirely but have to disagree with the notion that Norwich, Swansea and West Brom are established top ten teams.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
So are you saying that Brighton are ready to go up and are ready for the challange of the PL?

I don't think anyone is saying that we are 'ready' for the PL without some significant changes.

JFK may well be back in Jan but I can gaurentee that will see a maximum of 2-3 20min sub spells if he is very lucky!

You can guarantee that, can you? So you're either Gus, a time traveller, or a massive prick. Which is it?

Look at the Swansea side now, have gone from strenght to strengh (holding the likes of Man Utd to a 1-1 draw, can you see Brighton doing that??), I cant remeber watching match of the day and seeing Mich and Danny Graham running into eachother (CMS + Buckley) I dont see the previously mentioned players requiring 8/9 attempts on goal to convert an oportunity??

So you take one or two incidents and assume that because of those we are crap? Wow. Just wow. Brad Guzan conceded 8 goals at the weekend, does that mean he should be dropped, never to keep goal again? Don't be so reactionary.

All I am saying is Brighton will not move forward playing the way they currently are and that a change is needed!

We can continue to refine the style we currently play and with some small changes and some patience then we can reach the heights we want. Unfortunately, some people have delusions of grandeur that unless we stuff each time 5-0 we seem to be failing and that if a player misses a chance they should be sold.

I think, as a New Year's Resolution, some people need to realign their expectations, drink a big glass of calm-down juice and hop back into the real world or they'll continue to lead dull, unfulfilled lives.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here