Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Patience is a virtue

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Poyet + Bloom + Amex + Academy + Patience = Success
I believe 5 years from now, if stick to the above we could be top 10 in the premiership. But patience is the key, especially when the Academy starts producing in 3-5 years time. More than happy to stay in championship two more seasons. Southampton have gone up too early and will come back down. If they have any sense they will stick with Adkins. We need to stick with Poyet for next five years. Fans that say he has taken us as far as he can are utterly clueless and have no real understanding of business or long term planning / strategy. Patience is a virtue, shame so few people possess it.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I'm really looking forward to the day when we have a top quality academy that regularly produces players who are good enough to challenge for a place in the team

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Short term I think we will get a striker in January although CMS will probably start finding the net again when we do. Long term we just need to be patient enough to wait for Academy to start producing. That is when we begin the golden age of BHA!

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Short term I think we will get a striker in January although CMS will probably start finding the net again when we do. Long term we just need to be patient enough to wait for Academy to start producing. That is when we begin the golden age of BHA!

If we are not in the premier league by January 2013 I will understand if poyet resigns.

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012
I would love nothing more then to agree with you!
However... Look at the current squad? a number of who hardly ever play! including the most of the recent sigings so what chance is there to progress the youngsters?
There is probably a big talent in JFK but gets sent out on loan and will now doubt be sold for a silly figure at some point in the near future?
Again I agree it is to soon for Brighton to go up, They would be made to look very very silly indeed but the foundations need to be made now to ensure we are not a yo yo team.
There are contastant refferance to how similar brighton are to Swansea... RUBBISH! Swansea went up and stayed up convincinly, look at yesterdays performance for example.
It wont take much to turn the current form arround, just need to experiment a little more and make a couple of DECENTsigings in Jan.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
However... Look at the current squad? a number of who hardly ever play! including the most of the recent sigings
Apart from all bar two of them that played our last game, and of the two that didn't, one was because of injury.

There is probably a big talent in JFK but gets sent out on loan and will now doubt be sold for a silly figure at some point in the near future?
He was sent on loan to get 1st team experience, will be back in Jan and is seen as the future of the club? Of course he will.

There are contastant refferance to how similar brighton are to Swansea... RUBBISH! Swansea went up and stayed up convincinly, look at yesterdays performance for example.
Swansea were in this division for 3 seasons before they went up, and they only went up via the play-offs.

Please make it more difficult to prove you wrong in the future.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
When Gus does get us promoted, the patient bit will be to stick with him even if we come straight back down again. But yes, the academy is going to great plus they will have somewhere decent to train at last.

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012
So are you saying that Brighton are ready to go up and are ready for the challange of the PL?
JFK may well be back in Jan but I can gaurentee that will see a maximum of 2-3 20min sub spells if he is very lucky!
Look at the Swansea side now, have gone from strenght to strengh (holding the likes of Man Utd to a 1-1 draw, can you see Brighton doing that??), I cant remeber watching match of the day and seeing Mich and Danny Graham running into eachother (CMS + Buckley) I dont see the previously mentioned players requiring 8/9 attempts on goal to convert an oportunity??
All I am saying is Brighton will not move forward playing the way they currently are and that a change is needed!

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Players aren't part of the success equation at the start of the thread. Players will go in and out of form, get injured, suspended be bought for silly money. Sticking with a manager of Poyet's ambition, pedigree and ability to attract quality players whilst developing young talent and helping all players to adopt the same style. Poyet is a class act and will help to bring success to Brighton. We can emulate Norwich, Seansea, West Brom and become an established top ten team. We just need to all be patience and give Bloom and Poyet and our team our full and unequivocal support. Patience is a virtue.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Poyet + Bloom + Amex + Academy + Patience = Success
I believe 5 years from now, if stick to the above we could be top 10 in the premiership. But patience is the key, especially when the Academy starts producing in 3-5 years time. More than happy to stay in championship two more seasons. Southampton have gone up too early and will come back down. If they have any sense they will stick with Adkins. We need to stick with Poyet for next five years. Fans that say he has taken us as far as he can are utterly clueless and have no real understanding of business or long term planning / strategy. Patience is a virtue, shame so few people possess it.

Totally agree.

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
I would like to see us playing a more attacking formation at home than the one up top and a single supporting winger. Too many points dropped because of this

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I'm really looking forward to the day when we have a top quality academy that regularly produces players who are good enough to challenge for a place in the team

Yep, the academy teams are improving all the time. Last year the then U15's lost 7-0 to Fulham, this year lost 3-2 as U16's. If you take a look at the U15's and 16's etc results now against other Prem academies, such as Chelsea and Man City, the results have been good, both i believe were beaten by our lads.
The training has definitely stepped up in the last year, and with the new training facilities on the way......... then things are looking good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here