Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pathetic, 1 goal away from home in 6 games (a pen)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We need a brand new forward line next season - cms, cog, best, baldock are all complete dogshit

Correct. I'd keep COG as a squad player as he can hold the ball up and has actually changed games for the better this season. The others can all do one.

And actually, our defence also needs major surgery as they are all about 40 years old except Dunk. But hats off to them this season - given how utterly crap our front line is, our GD of only -4 is a great testament to them. We have conceded 3 goals a fair few times this season, but have only actually lost by 3 goals once.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If we stay up, it will be the first time EVER, we have stayed in the second division for more than 4 seasons.

Progress

Technically correct, but ignores that between 1977/8 and 1984/5 we enjoyed 8 consecutive seasons at division 2 or above.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yes, but you know what I mean!

I do, yes, but your stat reads as though it is highlighting this as the most successful spell in our history when, in fact, it's not.

It is noteworthy though that this is, without doubt, the second most successful spell we have enjoyed in our entire history, spanning well over one hundred years.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
If we stay up, it will be the first time EVER, we have stayed in the second division for more than 4 seasons.

Progress

Technically correct, but ignores that between 1977/8 and 1984/5 we enjoyed 8 consecutive seasons at division 2 or above.

Both correct. Just proves how mickey mouse and tinpot we've been throughout the rest of our 110+ years of history. This IS a new era, and a few depressing 0-0 draws (even a few depressing seasons) can't alter that.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014

Progress
That is QI. It seemed like we were in the 2nd div for 10 years back in the 80s but of course it was 2 periods of 4 years sandwiching a year in the 3rd. You could say 'we've never had it QUITE so good!'

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
A tad unlucky hitting the bar, would have well off for the rebound though

Basssr.JPG

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
What struck me was that we seemed to be happy with a nil nil, i got the impression thats what we went there for. We were unadventurous and didnt look like we would create a chance.

What was even more frustrating is when the substitutions were made both players coming off the field trudged off as if there was no need to rush. We should have taken the game to Millwall and come away with goals as they look league on at best.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
What struck me was that we seemed to be happy with a nil nil, i got the impression thats what we went there for. We were unadventurous and didnt look like we would create a chance.

What was even more frustrating is when the substitutions were made both players coming off the field trudged off as if there was no need to rush. We should have taken the game to Millwall and come away with goals as they look league on at best.

To be fair, it was more important not to get beat than to win.

el punal

What 4 seasons in the championship and going backwards but still getting crowds of 27,000
Not detached from reality but people stating the obvious and their opinion that watching the ALBION in the last 6 away games has been Pathetic dour & turgid and 1 goal from a pen

What I was alluding to was that in December we were second from bottom and in really dire straits. When Chris Hughton took over it was plain to most Albion fans that the results would have to be ground out to save us from relegation. If that was going to be the case, so be it. And, so it's proven to be. A few cracking wins, some sloppy defeats and a number of horrible but effective 0-0 draws. In the main it was never going to be pretty but at least justified (fingers crossed) in that we retain our Championship status.

That is what I was referring to about having to be patient and accepting the reality of the situation that we are in. Now, next season will be a completely different kettle of fish. I think we will all be justified in having a huge moan if the quality of the football is the same as last night and in countless other matches played this season.

So here's hoping, make it safely to the end of the season and start the next with a clean slate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here