Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pathetic, 1 goal away from home in 6 games (a pen)

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Well, compared to one week ago I feel a lot better after tonight. I have accepted that we do not score, but at least we did not concede! So I am really clutching at straws. Best is the real culprit, as he clearly has the ability but no application. He only came alive when the ball is coming to him (he made some good headers), but then stands there waving his gloves around at the ref and his team mates afterwards.
I thought in the second half our midfield was actually passing the ball forward, quicker and to each other - although only in the centre third of the pitch as they still didn't set the strikers up with any chances.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I am getting sick and tired of spending my hard earned money on going to watch gutless performances like last night!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Blackpool and Millwall are dreadful teams, yet the Albion have managed no goals and only 2 points out of 12 against them.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
We're more likely to beat the top 4, than we are the neighbouring relegation candidates. It's the Albion way.
Oh ain't that the truth. Especially at this time of the season when the top teams can see the finishing line and are starting to get a bit nervous.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I listened to Millwall commentary for a bit and they were impressed with Bests play, and fairly surprised he was subbed.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I felt Best executed a couple of really cute turns, skinning the defender each time. Still looks a bit apathetic at times.

As for CMS, don't think I've seen a player with less self-confidence for ages. Awful and sad to see.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Boring manager = BORING team

Do you honestly think the very best managers in the world do do any better with the strike force we have? He is doing better than Hyppia and has given us a chance of Championship football next year. Before that we were almost certainly going down.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
How much to trust CH with big bucks in the summer (if, indeed, TB has those big bucks)?

So far he has got us Leon Best!! Then he splurged in the Argus that Best was his number one striker who could get goals for us. CH obviously didn't do what I did and look at Best's goalscoring record in the Championship! It is crap.

Another "only here for the money" loanee striker not being arsed to put any effort in.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Do you honestly think the very best managers in the world do do any better with the strike force we have? He is doing better than Hyppia and has given us a chance of Championship football next year. Before that we were almost certainly going down.

Yeh I somehow reckon fergie might get a trifle more out of the team than Hughton is, no disrespect to him mind because I do quite like him but it's pretty bloody obvious isn't it. :facepalm:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
How much to trust CH with big bucks in the summer (if, indeed, TB has those big bucks)?

So far he has got us Leon Best!! Then he splurged in the Argus that Best was his number one striker who could get goals for us. CH obviously didn't do what I did and look at Best's goalscoring record in the Championship! It is crap.

Another "only here for the money" loanee striker not being arsed to put any effort in.

He also got us the MUTARD Beram Kayal AND Beram is our player.

He is also hardly likely to say Best is here to make up the numbers. Of course CH would say that. He probably believed it at first but the fact that he is now a squad player would tell me that CH realises this. He also knew what Best COULD do and I have no probs with him taking a punt. It wasnt as if we had stkers BANGING them in left right and centre either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here