Passports-Another Great British Rip Off

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Including the checking charge...................£73!!!!

Ten years ago it cost me £12!:angry: :angry: :angry:

A complete waste of money IMHO. The Post Office check will not prevent your application being rejected (as mentionhed on several TV Consumer programmmes when the new biometric passport requiremebts were introduced)

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Mr Banana said:
At the risk of sounding like Dave Wilcock, do you reckon it would be ok to send it without getting it checked? Work prevents me from getting to the post office but I need to send it this week.

How soon do you need it? i got mine check and sent and got it back in 8 days, but if there's no rush then there's no need to pay the extra money

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Mr Banana said:
At the risk of sounding like Dave Wilcock, do you reckon it would be ok to send it without getting it checked? Work prevents me from getting to the post office but I need to send it this week.

well, when the miserable old fucker at the Post Office who couldn't even be bothered to return my greeting checked it she just looked over it for about 20 secs. No more than I did after checking it against the list they provide you with.

I did it cos I wanted someone to blame if it is wrong but I would say send it and save £7

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Do it soon because apparently there is a major backlog imminent after March 26th.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Well I think with all the sterling work the civil service and post office do it represents very good value for money.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Stop complaining :p It costs me about £360 to apply for leave to remain and then about another £180 next Feb. to get permanent residency!!

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
well do it soon or else you have to go to Hastings or Crawley to complete the application process!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Les Biehn said:
Well I think with all the sterling work the civil service and post office do it represents very good value for money.

Absaloutly! They are always so cheerful down the post office, happy to see you, happy to serve you. Not the miserable, snivelling, rude fuckers you would imagine.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
tedebear said:
Stop complaining :p It costs me about £360 to apply for leave to remain and then about another £180 next Feb. to get permanent residency!!

The cost of a pasport should reflect the work the pasty faced civil servant has to do to pritt stick your picture onto a bit of card.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Nibble said:
Absaloutly! They are always so cheerful down the post office, happy to see you, happy to serve you. Not the miserable, snivelling, rude fuckers you would imagine.

Except they keep trying to sell me insurance, credit cards, foreign exchange blah blah blah....and everytime they ask me they tick a little sheet....Bah!!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
tedebear said:
Except they keep trying to sell me insurance, credit cards, foreign exchange blah blah blah....and everytime they ask me they tick a little sheet....Bah!!

I was being sarky. there is only one cheerful postal worker in Brighton the rest seem full of hatred:)

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Nibble said:
I was being sarky. there is only one cheerful postal worker in Brighton the rest seem full of hatred:)

Sarky? :lol: What the flaming hell is that!

(Ps I assumed you were being saaaarchastic - is that waht you mean by sarky?):cool:

Last edited:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
tedebear said:
Sarky? :lol: What the flaming hell is that!

(Ps I assumed you were being saaaarchastic - is that waht you mean by sarky?):cool:

I don't know what I mean anymore tedebear. It is all too much.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I can't remember paying for my last passport, think my employer might have done the honours, but you are right in saying that is an awful lot of money just to prove you have a right to be here when you go through customs.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
In fact, why can't we just have a chip inserted, like you do with a pet...unless of course that contained some sort of tracking device.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I think passports are great but hiking up the prices is just another way for labour to make money. A 700% increase in ten years. There not made of f***ing diamonds and gold!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Said it before, and I'll say it again - the British passport should cost at least £500, to stop the chavs and twats going abroad and embarrassing the country.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports