[Albion] PASSING ON A TICKET WARNING

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The whole system was bloody stupid and forced legit fans into all sorts of buying strategies to get tickets together. I'm not saying this is what has happened in Paul's case but it need not have needed to be like that. I imagine there will be a lot of people taking risks on Sunday with tickets, and that now there are a lot of people who are needlessly worried when they should be looking forward to a great game.

We were given 34,000 tickets FFS! We're not bloody Barcelona! There's nobody going to this game that is not a fan, but there's probably a few people who are looking at the club through less than rose tinted spectacles now.
Curiously what would you have done then to change the system? I’ve been in plenty of England ballots / systems but at the end of the day if you have really mixed groups it’s impossible to sort unless you do something like group applications but all to the lowest denominator

I do think it comes down to - it’s 90 minutes of football, enjoy the day and if you aren’t with all your mates then so be it. We all got split up for the euros finals, even Sunday 2 of our mates are upper tier (not together) but it comes with having such a mixed group in terms of points / status

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Curiously what would you have done then to change the system? I’ve been in plenty of England ballots / systems but at the end of the day if you have really mixed groups it’s impossible to sort
I'm too tired to go into detail now, but it's on other threads. Perhaps I'll link to them later. Either way, I got shot down for suggesting that there might be better ways.

It's a question of what fans prioritise most. Being together, or the precise seat in a precise part of the ground.

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

King of Sussex
Oct 3, 2003
Lost
So just to get this straight, there are people on this site who would like a refund so that their unused ticket can be sold to another deserving fan, but the club won't give them a refund.

Meanwhile the OP listed his for sale, got a refund from the club, and the club are now reselling the ticket.

Have I got that bit right?

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
So just to get this straight, there are people on this site who would like a refund so that their unused ticket can be sold to another deserving fan, but the club won't give them a refund.

Meanwhile the OP listed his for sale, got a refund from the club, and the club are now reselling the ticket.

Have I got that bit right?
Now that would just be ridiculous ….

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Paul Camlin used to be great on here and respond - it was good and he’s a nice bloke. This seems a bit far fetched for supporter services to be monitoring a site which many hardcore real fans use who would never make money off the club. Surely we’d ALL rather see a seat at Wembley passed on for face value than look white and empty - including the buyer of the seat of course. They need to rethink things big time and turn a blind eye to these ‘rules’.
I think under the circumstances you're being a bit naive. The poor guy has posted the location of the ticket he wanted to transfer to someone else at face value (going by Wembley's T&C's), someone from 'here' (we assume) has contacted him & a face value transaction may (or may not) have occurred. It appears they're not turning a 'blind eye' to these 'rules' (depending on whether you go by 'Wembley's rules' or 'BHA's rules'. I have no idea who the potential transfer of ticket was to (they seem a bit quiet though) but the fact the ticket was refunded, then put back on sale in such a short space of time, opens up the theory of it being a 'sting' quite likely. 🤷‍♀️ Where's the NSC member that may have considered asking you about a transfer or the ticket, they had a ticket & now haven't got one? I'd have been here apologising 50 billion times over if I'd asked & someone received a 10 match ban for it, .Very odd situation.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think under the circumstances you're being a bit naive. The poor guy has posted the location of the ticket he wanted to transfer to someone else at face value (going by Wembley's T&C's), someone from 'here' (we assume) has contacted him & a face value transaction may (or may not) have occurred. It appears they're not turning a 'blind eye' to these 'rules' (depending on whether you go by 'Wembley's rules' or 'BHA's rules'. I have no idea who the potential transfer of ticket was to (they seem a bit quiet though) but the fact the ticket was refunded, then put back on sale in such a short space of time, opens up the theory of it being a 'sting' quite likely. 🤷‍♀️ Where's the NSC member that may have considered asking you about a transfer or the ticket, they had a ticket & now haven't got one? I'd have been here apologising 50 billion times over if I'd asked & someone received a 10 match ban for it, .Very odd situation.
It's not a "sting" - the other member has been in touch with me, and has been on here for 10 years. I think he, understandably, feels a bit bad as to how it's all turned out.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Must admit I hadn't noticed that but wasn't looking for it. So have to get in the ground at a specific time, i guess this might be H&S to stop a crush BUT it does seem to be exceptionally early i.e. 3 hours before kick off.
I don’t think it means anything in reality. Just an attempt to stop everyone arriving at the last minute. I certainly won’t be able to get a mortgage arranged in time to cover two hours of Wembley catering, so no chance I’ll be taking any notice of their entry time.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
It's not a "sting" - the other member has been in touch with me, and has been on here for 10 years. I think he, understandably, feels a bit bad as to how it's all turned out.
That's 'good'. Not in an actual 'good' way but 'good' to know that it's not a 'sting' if that makes any sense?
They're both now in a shit situation, they both did what they thought was allowed in the T&C's & now due to the ambiguity they've both suffered. The rules weren't clear enough. It's like reading the T&C's on a travel insurance policy then finding if you had a cold when you went, but broke your leg when there, then you're not covered as you didn't declare your cold (slightly exaggerated there).
Has anyone got a legitimate guest ticket for the person that thought they were going to Wembley on Monday?

Vin

Jun 12, 2021
Correct.

The good news, however, is the guest ticket can be allocated to any guest you like (and trust).
Hi Bozza I’ve managed to get tickets (3nr) through two season ticket pals, who are also going. All three of us are only purchase history members. I take it we will have no problem getting in as we are guests?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That's 'good'. Not in an actual 'good' way but 'good' to know that it's not a 'sting' if that makes any sense?
They're both now in a shit situation, they both did what they thought was allowed in the T&C's & now due to the ambiguity they've both suffered. The rules weren't clear enough. It's like reading the T&C's on a travel insurance policy then finding if you had a cold when you went, but broke your leg when there, then you're not covered as you didn't declare your cold (slightly exaggerated there).
Has anyone got a legitimate guest ticket for the person that thought they were going to Wembley on Monday?
Sorry to be awkward, but it’s better to ask if anyone has one for Sunday.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Hi Bozza I’ve managed to get tickets (3nr) through two season ticket pals, who are also going. All three of us are only purchase history members. I take it we will have no problem getting in as we are guests?
Yep - STH guests can be anyone, within reason.

Reactions: Vin

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Sorry, I think you’ve misunderstood and I’ve used the wrong phrase! By far-fetched, I meant over the top. No need to be looking at NSC for ticketing rule breakers at all imo. Nobody would ever tout on here, especially in modern days… I’d rather the NSC member who bought the ticket at face value went to Wembley, and I’d also rather that seat was filled. It’s OTT from the club and needless trouble making tbh.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Appalling over reaction. Club do the right thing.

99% of the time they get it right, doesn't take much to admit the 1% without losing face.
Not possible with PB. Never wrong. Unable to ever admit to him or his staff being wrong, even when clear and obvious.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Sorry, I think you’ve misunderstood and I’ve used the wrong phrase! By far-fetched, I meant over the top. No need to be looking at NSC for ticketing rule breakers at all imo. Nobody would ever tout on here, especially in modern days… I’d rather the NSC member who bought the ticket at face value went to Wembley, and I’d also rather that seat was filled. It’s OTT from the club and needless trouble making tbh.
Yes I did misunderstand you. It's also been cleared up since my reply that the person who the ticket was transferred to is a longstanding member so no 'sting' involved. I've been virtually begging on here for tickets, & I've only got tickets due to the fact that a STH holders wife (not on here) booked a family holiday & (understandably, tbf) didn't take an FA semi finial into consideration, so I've got guest tickets from him & his son. If someone on here had offered me guest tickets, I'd have taken them, I have done before, on the last semi. I trusted them because they are a longstanding member of NSC. I was a bit scared though & when people asked me how I had tickets I didn't actually say that a kind person from a forum I posted on, offered to get me guest tickets, as it would've made me seem like a complete mug who'd been ripped off if I didn't get in! Thankfully it was a kind person & it's a day that will live on in mine & both Jnr's memory forever! 😊
NSC is a very unique place, everyone 'sort of' knows each other, without ever meeting them. NSC puts forward the case that the 'virtual' world can be the same as the 'real' world. If we were all to meet in a pub on Sunday with our usernames sellotaped to us, we'd all get on with each other. :D Whilst on the subject what pub is everyone meeting in? :lolol::albion2:

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Not possible with PB. Never wrong. Unable to ever admit to him or his staff being wrong, even when clear and obvious.
The second you mentioned ‘clear and obvious’ I knew that it would start to get over complicated and end up with a s**t outcome that nobody can understand!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports