Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] PASSING ON A TICKET WARNING

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
I am currently based in Bermuda. A colleague at work here is heading over and has just bought tickets for both semi finals thru one of the ticket reselling sites. The ticket for the Man City - Sheff Utd match has cost her 105 quid. For our game....525. Same block.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Dont agree at all with this ban. If one is a ST holder do you get refunded for lost games and do the club resell the seat.
Unless club uses face recognition assume able to obtain a guest ticket for games as no name is required.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
They really have to come up with a better solution to this situation. I know the loyalty points aspect is tricky and there's the whole 'football tickets can't be resold thing'... but there's no problem passing tickets on to 'guests' and corporate members can always bring absolutely anyone they like, so that hooliganism-related ruling holds no water any more. It's madness. If I spend £100 on a ticket for anything else and for some reason can't go, there's often an option to resell it via the retailer. Failing that, I could use a face value ticket site like Twickets to recoup the money. Totally different to touting - can't stand those bellends.

For football clubs to say the ticket is non-refundable and non-resellable really takes the mickey. It seems astonishing consumer law would even allow this.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
They really have to come up with a better solution to this situation. I know the loyalty points aspect is tricky and there's the whole 'football tickets can't be resold thing'...

Only reason football tickets can’t be resold is due to terms and conditions of the ticket sale. If the club changes t&cs accordingly then it is no problem. That’s how the ticket exchange for League games is able to operate. Really shouldn’t be a problem in this digital age.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I dont think this is the case , as far as i know the club offer the seat up for re-sale and keep the funds !

Friend of a friend was one of the first to get a 10 match ban just before the World Cup started (doesn’t that feel like ages ago?) and he said he was selling his seat on the exchange for the matches he was banned for. Maybe I misunderstood him and he just meant it was being resold.

Blues Guitarist

Oct 19, 2020
St Johann in Tirol
Rules for recent buyers of 23/24 MyAlbion+ says "In addition to all the benefits listed at the bottom of this page, you can also receive shared tickets from season ticket holders for the 2022/23 season."

I assume that also holds for 2022/23 members. So if the OP has passed his ticket to a MyAlbion+ member it would have been ok? Or does a "shared ticket" mean something specific?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Rules for recent buyers of 23/24 MyAlbion+ says "In addition to all the benefits listed at the bottom of this page, you can also receive shared tickets from season ticket holders for the 2022/23 season."

I assume that also holds for 2022/23 members. So if the OP has passed his ticket to a MyAlbion+ member it would have been ok? Or does a "shared ticket" mean something specific?
Ticket sharing is only applicable for home season tickets.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I dont think this is the case , as far as i know the club offer the seat up for re-sale and keep the funds !
No way. Probably illegal. Unfortunately some people believe this and worse still they spread it as FACT.

Bryanw42

Nov 8, 2021
Epsom
Having read the whole thing it's clear what happened to the original poster. I agree it is harsh. The mistake was making it look like an online resale.

There has also been a fair amount of discussion around the T&C's and interpretation of them.
Having looked at the booking journey I really can't read it any differently than it being allowed to purchase tickets and if unable to attend transfer them at no more than face value to someone else.

On the screen prior to purchase you are directed to a link to the Wembley conditions of sale.

Within that there is a very clear cause (8.4) allowing transfer in the event of not being able to attend. I've attached both screenshots. If anyone has done such a thing and somehow an ID check or other process identifies transfer of a ticket then if punished it surely is indisputable that the information says it is allowed. @Bozza interested in your view.

Hope this may calm the nerves of anyone that has transferred tickets with good intentions and is in a flap about it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230420-000622.png
    Screenshot_20230420-000622.png
    376.4 KB · Views: 48
  • Screenshot_20230420-000332.png
    Screenshot_20230420-000332.png
    281.3 KB · Views: 51

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Having read the whole thing it's clear what happened to the original poster. I agree it is harsh. The mistake was making it look like an online resale.

There has also been a fair amount of discussion around the T&C's and interpretation of them.
Having looked at the booking journey I really can't read it any differently than it being allowed to purchase tickets and if unable to attend transfer them at no more than face value to someone else.

On the screen prior to purchase you are directed to a link to the Wembley conditions of sale.

Within that there is a very clear cause (8.4) allowing transfer in the event of not being able to attend. I've attached both screenshots. If anyone has done such a thing and somehow an ID check or other process identifies transfer of a ticket then if punished it surely is indisputable that the information says it is allowed. @Bozza interested in your view.

Hope this may calm the nerves of anyone that has transferred tickets with good intentions and is in a flap about it.
8.4.1 is a bit of a sticky wicket.

Bryanw42

Nov 8, 2021
Epsom
8.4.1 is a bit of a sticky wicket.
Why? Please elaborate. I can't find any specific terms and conditions of entry. The content/booking journey does not link to anything that goes against 8.4.

But in the meantime I did find a genuine sticky wicket at 16.1.
Ahem....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230420-004044.png
    Screenshot_20230420-004044.png
    257.5 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here