Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
And:
Dear Paul,

Thank you for your reply.

Please confirm whether you would like to use the below as your appeal against the ban, or whether you would like to write anything further?

We will, on this occasion, return the ticket as the demand for the game is so high. However, the ban will remain in place, and I therefore ask you to confirm my question above.

Thank you
Happy to refund the ticket, yet still deemed 'guilty'.
Come on, Paul Barber - get your decency head on, for this one.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Happy to refund the ticket, yet still deemed 'guilty'.
Come on, Paul Barber - get your decency head on, for this one.
Barber likely has no clue as this hasn’t left the admin office. This is one of the classic cases that needs to go up the chain of command and the right decision made.

paulfuzz

Apr 17, 2019
Kings Lynn
I will DM you the letter I would use if I were in what I understand to be your position.

Feel free to use it, amend it or stick it in the virtual bin.
Thank you

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
I guess it's necessary in these times, but it does kinda suck a lot of the fun out of it all, and I genuinely feel for the older fans who aren't generally as savvy as youngsters, tech-wise.
Deffo. Mt biggest issue is hammering people like the OP for a mistake is really not dealing with the rank issues with touting and selling on. Also made bananas by the fact ylthat for every sth there can be another two Guest tickets that could go to absolutely anyone.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Barber likely has no clue as this hasn’t left the admin office. This is one of the classic cases that needs to go up the chain of command and the right decision made.
I wouldn't go for that straight away, he's more likely so say 'rules are rules'. Mr Bloom, on the other hand may be more forgiving. :unsure:

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I wouldn't go for that straight away, he's more likely so say 'rules are rules'. Mr Bloom, on the other hand may be more forgiving. :unsure:
Given the apparent sledgehammer/nut approach by the club, and still assuming that all is accurate, it would be a nice touch if the club not only rescinded the stated ban, but gave the OP a little bit of an 'occasion' for the match.
No idea what form that could take, but a gesture to make his day a little more special.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
He would be the next step in the chain of command. Just don’t see it in the club’s interest to get people in our small fan community’s backs up over this.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Given the apparent sledgehammer/nut approach by the club, and still assuming that all is accurate, it would be a nice touch if the club not only rescinded the stated ban, but gave the OP a little bit of an 'occasion' for the match.
No idea what form that could take, but a gesture to make his day a little more special.
I agree. Not going to happen though, but the ban should be rescinded without hesitation.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He would be the next step in the chain of command. Just don’t see it in the club’s interest to get people in our small fan community’s backs up over this.
Not really. Jenny Gower would be, given she’s at fans forums with Bloom & Barber she’s important as supporter services lead.

paulfuzz

Apr 17, 2019
Kings Lynn
To be clear I made an error of judgement and the way to wherever is paved with good intentions. This thread was intended to warn others thinking of taking similar action to myself. I am a big boy and will accept the consequences of my actions although I will appeal the severity.
Thank you everybody for your support and advice

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
To be clear I made an error of judgement and the way to wherever is paved with good intentions. This thread was intended to warn others thinking of taking similar action to myself. I am a big boy and will accept the consequences of my actions although I will appeal the severity.
Good luck with it and do let us know.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
There will be people above SS before PBOBE. Admittedly I did end up emailing PB when the club shop were being idiots & he referred it to the 'higher' club shop people and it was sorted.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I think I saw that ticket appear for sale on the Albion website a few minutes ago and swiftly disappear again...
It's back!

Annotation 2023-04-18 170958.png

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Personally I would use the draft that @Bozza has succinctly put together in that from my calculation, the 10th game would be the final (if we got there) and it would be a travesty to miss this based on what’s happened.

There seems to be two escalation points above the author (Jenny Glover and PB) hopefully the right thing can be done here on this occasion

Good luck

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
It wasn't an error of judgement though, Wembley's T&C's said it was fine to transfer, no one could know that there were different sets of T&C's and it is a general (sensible) assumption that the hosts T&C's are the one's to abide by. I hope it's sorted, good luck.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports