Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] PASSING ON A TICKET WARNING

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Oh, so do I wholeheartedly.

There are a host of really good people at the club who work really hard on behalf of all Albion fans. Trying to minimise abuse of the club's ticketing scheme, ensuring tickets go to the most deserving whilst allowing others to legitimately further their chances of obtaining scarce tickets by working up the priority ladder is entirely laudable, and in all of our interests.

But when I read of cases like this my heart sinks. It doesn't sit right with me that decent, long-term Albion fans being harshly penalised for simply trying to ensure a seat at an FA Cup Semi-final doesn't go empty, because there's no official club-endorsed channel to make that happen.

And, speaking very personally, to find out that it's almost certainly because that fan made a post on here, that someone at the club scanned the site I administer, saw the post and instigated the sanction makes me feel physically sick.
Totally understand. You have links with the club and some staff as the owner of this site. I’d strongly suggest you make this point to someone and make this known. It’s like the police picking off easy weak targets and not going for the main bosses.

Vaughan Storm

May 21, 2020
Worthing
It's got to a point where you can't even get your seats moved either. I bought my mates seats in the lower tier for villa (because there was none left in the upper at the time). I previously had bought in the upper tier. Not long after I had bought theirs, they released some tickets right in front of me. I asked them to move them and they were like nope.

How am I supposed to know that more would be released? they tell us nothing about sales order or even the allocation

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
The letter from the club, written by an Assistant Supporter Services Manager, is almost certainly a standard letter issued without a detailed investigation of the full circumstances having been carried out. The fact that an appeal can be made and reviewed suggests that maybe a little more time will be allocated to carry out a VAR type review before enforcing the harshest penalty designed to deter touts, whch I'm sure shouldn't apply in this case.
The bad news is that the appeal will be heard by the same team that operated VAR in the Spurs game ….. based on which the ban will probably be increased!

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
It’s all a pretty poor service. You’d hope that Barber will review this draconian system and put something sensible in its place for the benefit of his customers.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Please find attached letter regarding the sale of your FA Cup Semi Final tickets.

Thank you

Supporter Services

+44 (0)1273 668855 (Option 1)

supporter.services@brightonandhovealbion.com

BrightonAndHoveAlbion.com

View attachment 159830 View attachment 159831
t has come to our attention that a match ticket owned and assigned to you for the FA Cup Semi
Final v Manchester United has been listed for sale online.
As clearly stated in our terms and conditions the passing on or reselling of home or away match
tickets is strictly prohibited, it is also strictly against the terms of our loyalty point system. See the
details below:
3.1. Subject to clause 3.4, below, the Home Supporter Match Ticket is issued for your sole use and
you shall not sell, dispose of, assign, transfer, lend or otherwise deal with the Home Supporter Match
Ticket or the benefit of it to any other person without the prior written consent of the Club. Further
you shall not use the Home Supporter Match Ticket for any commercial purpose.
3.2. The reference to selling the Home Supporter Match Ticket includes:
3.2.1. offering to sell a Home Supporter Match Ticket (including, without limitation, via any website
or online auction site);
3.2.2. exposing a Home Supporter Match Ticket for sale;
3.2.3. making a Home Supporter Match Ticket available for sale by another person;
3.2.4. advertising that a Home Supporter Match Ticket is available for purchase, which for the
avoidance of doubt (and by way of example only) means that this Home Supporter Match Ticket may
not be offered as a prize in any promotion or competition;
3.2.5. transferring, lending or selling a Home Supporter Match Ticket to any third party as part of a
hospitality or travel package; and
3.2.6. giving (or offering to give) a Home Supporter Match Ticket to a person who pays or agrees to
pay for some other goods or services (or offers to do so);
all save as expressly authorised by the Premier League or the Club.3.3. The unauthorised sale or disposal of a Home Supporter Match Ticket may amount to a criminal
offence under section 166 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994, as amended by the
Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006. The Club will inform the police when it becomes aware that a
Home Supporter Match Ticket has been sold, or disposed of illegally and will press for charges to be
brought against those breaking this law. If you are convicted of a ticket touting offence, or we
reasonably suspect you have committed such an offence, we will notify the Premier League who may
in turn notify other football clubs, event holders and/or the relevant law enforcement authorities.
The information that we share may includes your personal data, including your name, contact
details, information about the offence and about ticket purchases (including payment details). We
will use this to identify and prevent ticket touting offences and disorder at Matches.
3.4. If more than one Home Supporter Match Ticket is issued to you, one Home Supporter Match
Ticket must be retained by you, for personal use (subject to the provisions below) and the remainder
may be transferred to your Guest(s) for his/her/their personal use only PROVIDED THAT such transfer
takes place in consideration of no payment or benefit in excess of the face value of the Home
Supporter Match Ticket, and such transfer does not take place in the course of any business or for the
purpose of facilitating any third party's business.
The selling of your tickets is a category 3 sanction and a 10 home league game ban. Your account has
therefore been blocked and the ticket deactivated, along with your right to purchase tickets.
If you wish to contest this action, please detail this in writing within 14 days alongside any
supporting evidence.
Yours sincerely

Assistant Supporter Services Manager
the horse may have bolted but there is no way they would have been able to guarantee that the NSC account that posted the info was you.
So if I post random seat numbers for our end at Wembley on NSC saying I am selling the tickets will the club suddenly give whoever bought that seat a 10 game ban?
What I thought immediately. Ridiculous without proof of actual sale occuring.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It's got to a point where you can't even get your seats moved either. I bought my mates seats in the lower tier for villa (because there was none left in the upper at the time). I previously had bought in the upper tier. Not long after I had bought theirs, they released some tickets right in front of me. I asked them to move them and they were like nope.

How am I supposed to know that more would be released? they tell us nothing about sales order or even the allocation
Similar to what's happened for Wembley.
I had to buy guest tickets in the upper tier, but then suddenly the block to the left of our seats in the lower tier (where I'd actually prefer to sit) became available. It's infuriating when this happens.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
That's really snide that someone has been snooping on here knowing that in all likelihood it would go to an 'actual' fan. Not really fair on @Bozza to do that either especially as it was clear everyone thought we were going by Wembley's T&C's rather than BHA's normal away match T&C's. I would have thought someone from the club could've said something to Bozza before picking on one person trying to do someone a favour for no gain for themselves. @paulfuzz are you still allowed to go to Wembley?

Vaughan Storm

May 21, 2020
Worthing
Similar to what's happened for Wembley.
I had to buy guest tickets in the upper tier, but then suddenly the block to the left of our seats in the lower tier (where I'd actually prefer to sit) became available. It's infuriating when this happens.
The club are taking a lot of risks regarding our treatment, our fan base is small, in fact there's no waiting list for ST's (their articles are misleading

With them restricting us more and season after next potentially removing the travel scheme, I reckon (if the travel scheme is ditched), there could be quite a few cancellations. We already have the 6th most expensive ST's in the league.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
doesnt work. The requested page could not be found.
Guessing he or a mod edited as it had his full name and fan number on.

Was an email saying he'd been refunded for that ticket.

paulfuzz

Apr 17, 2019
Kings Lynn
Sorry I have just received this
BHA.jpg

paulfuzz

Apr 17, 2019
Kings Lynn
And:
Dear Paul,

Thank you for your reply.

Please confirm whether you would like to use the below as your appeal against the ban, or whether you would like to write anything further?

We will, on this occasion, return the ticket as the demand for the game is so high. However, the ban will remain in place, and I therefore ask you to confirm my question above.

Thank you

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
And:
Dear Paul,

Please confirm whether you would like to use the below as your appeal against the ban, or whether you would like to write anything further?

We will, on this occasion, return the ticket as the demand for the game is so high. However, the ban will remain in place, and I therefore ask you to confirm my question above.

Thank you
I would suggest copy/pasting Bozza’s reply and a link to this thread as I said.

The club are wrong on this one, if all is as you have said.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
And:
Dear Paul,

Thank you
I feel for you mate, I would be seething. You were only trying to do the right thing, anyone can see that, though may have inadvertently breached a rule that for this game wasn’t clear anyway.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
And:
Dear Paul,

Thank you
I will DM you the letter I would use if I were in what I understand to be your position.

Feel free to use it, amend it or stick it in the virtual bin.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here