Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pascal Groß

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He is, IMHO, the most important player in the team. He holds it all together, just a crucial component of it all when it clicks like yesterday. An absolute hero.
We were chatting on the way home last night…seems Groß is simply too important to be left out, even if he has to be played out of position.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
If he had just the slightest bit of pace, would be up there as one of the best footballers of his generation. Phenomenal player.
His pace is deceptive.
He is slower than you think.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
We were chatting on the way home last night…seems Groß is simply too important to be left out, even if he has to be played out of position.
In fairness to the other manager we used to have, there was a bit of that before. But RdZ has referred to his leaders, mentioning Dunk, Lallana and Gross. And you can't leave out Moises and Mac.
Are the only positions pascal has never played for us centre back and goalie?
I think he has played 10 many times, especially under CH, but don't recall him playing as the 9 ever (maybe false 9)

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
There was one moment in the first half when it went to Solly and he was trying to 'overlap' was genuinely funny. He's so clever that you don't usually notice his lack of pace because he just knows when to go and gets a head start. But in this instance he'd left it a bit late and was grinding to catch up. He looked like he was pulling a tractor. Back arched backwards and legs going like the clappers. Me and the guy next to me just burst out laughing. Can't help thinking Solly slowed it down a bit to help him get there.
Yes - I saw that, even on the telly it was clear that he was busting a gut to get ahead. Like you, I couldn't help but laugh.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
His pace is deceptive.
He is slower than you think.
I know that's a joke, yet he managed to run from penalty spot to penalty spot without being caught or tracked against Everton... and scored past the England keeper!

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
It's incredible to think just how good a signing Groß has been.

One of our first (maybe even the first) Premier League signings.
Scored our first two Premier League goals and assisted the third.
Has played the majority of games every season.
Proven his versatility in playing different roles under different managers.

All for £3m.

If we didn't have a homegrown legend in Lewis Dunk as Captain you've got to think Pascal would be the man leading this team.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It's incredible to think just how good a signing Groß has been.

One of our first (maybe even the first) Premier League signings.
Scored our first two Premier League goals and assisted the third.
Has played the majority of games every season.
Proven his versatility in playing different roles under different managers.

All for £3m.

If we didn't have a homegrown legend in Lewis Dunk as Captain you've got to think Pascal would be the man leading this team.
And who takes the arm band when Dunk goes off . . .

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I know that's a joke, yet he managed to run from penalty spot to penalty spot without being caught or tracked against Everton... and scored past the England keeper!
I reckon this is the reason that Lamptey has lost a bit of his pace.
Pascal Groß has somehow put Lamptey under a spell and nicked some of his pace.
:wozza:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I genuinely wasn't. Complete trust in RDZ at present. It seemed a very attacking move by Roberto and so it proved.
As I said ( half tongue in cheek) we played 2-4-3-1

sitting pretty much on the half way line, looking across the pitch, thats exactly what we did.

Big kahooners All round.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here