Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pascal Groß the raumdeuter

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Amongst the many to choose from he's the Player of the Season for me.
Agree.

He has always been in the top 2/3, throughout the season. That high level of consistency/reliability, versatility and goals means he takes POTS for me, against many other valid candidates!

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
First goal for us in the EPL (y)
Goal that beat Man Utd to keep us up in the first year: (y)
Most assists for Brighton in the EPL (y)
Joint top goalscorer for us in the EPL (y)
Goal that sealed our European Qualification (y)

Has any club ever spent a better £3 million since we've been in the EPL?

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
First goal for us in the EPL (y)
Goal that beat Man Utd to keep us up in the first year: (y)
Most assists for Brighton in the EPL (y)
Joint top goalscorer for us in the EPL (y)
Goal that sealed our European Qualification (y)

Has any club ever spent a better £3 million since we've been in the EPL?

he was outrageous value for money. In terms of longevity, ability and value he's possibly our greatest ever signing

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
I would absolutely love Gross to win it. You could see at the final whistle how much this seasons achievement meant to him. I think he might be ascending into All Time Albion Great status.

What a player, what a man
I really think we may have to have a number of player of the season categories:
1. Best Centre Half/captain and big nose
2. Best attacking centre midfield who can also play right back
3. Best defensive midfield player, who can also play right back
4. Best attacking midfielder who can also play in a pivot, and has won a world cup medal
5. Best attacking left back
6. Best attacking left wing
7. Best attacking right wing, who can't take penalties.
8. Best right back who knows the dark arts and sometimes covers as centre half.

Have I missed anyone?

Then as for young player of the year ...

Super Sub

Aug 13, 2016
I really think we may have to have a number of player of the season categories:
1. Best Centre Half/captain and big nose
2. Best attacking centre midfield who can also play right back
3. Best defensive midfield player, who can also play right back
4. Best attacking midfielder who can also play in a pivot, and has won a world cup medal
5. Best attacking left back
6. Best attacking left wing
7. Best attacking right wing, who can't take penalties.
8. Best right back who knows the dark arts and sometimes covers as centre half.

Have I missed anyone?

Then as for young player of the year ...
9. Best teenage Striker since Rooney?

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Not directed a Nagelsmann, but what what are these managers at international level looking at? It's their job to understand the talent available and make good, and sometimes risky, decisions. No player should be "under the radar" to an international manager if they're playing in one of the top 5 leagues.
Not only playing (for now 9 successive seasons in a top 5 league), but recording some of the most impressive chance creation stats in said leagues, and of course scoring some iconic and hugely important goals in his time here - many of them against Man United (not as relevant a detail maybe but amusing nonetheless).

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Not only playing (for now 9 successive seasons in a top 5 league), but recording some of the most impressive chance creation stats in said leagues, and of course scoring some iconic and hugely important goals in his time here - many of them against Man United (not as relevant a detail maybe but amusing nonetheless).
I somewhat agree, but it's about the manager and our new European status isn't it?

Too big a risk to go and select players who aren't already competing in elite continental competitions, under elite managers, in the hope they'll be good enough to make the step up. It's not that Pascal wouldn't have been noticed, it's that his ability hasn't always befitted his surroundings until recently. He's now proven he's more than capable at a higher level and he's being rewarded for that

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Not directed a Nagelsmann, but what what are these managers at international level looking at? It's their job to understand the talent available and make good, and sometimes risky, decisions. No player should be "under the radar" to an international manager if they're playing in one of the top 5 leagues.
Quite right not to direct it at Nagelsmann, it was his first game in charge after all and he started Pascal. But yes what were his predecessors thinking?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here