[Albion] Pascal Groß the raumdeuter

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I realised afterwards I was probably doubling down on americanisms.

I've probably now made it worse by tripling down with 'doubling down'
To be fair, I'm not sure if doubling down comes from America originally or if it's a gambling thing (it's definitely the latter, but I don't know where people first said it).

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Is that a 50s thing? Surely people have always referred to goalies and still do?
I don't know what's true or real any more.
I remember for a while in the 60s/70s goalkeepers were often referred to as 'Custodians'. (Don't think it's used much now though). And I have to agree with you that 'goaltender' does grate a bit, probably as much as 'netminder'. (Even if we do understand what it means).

Anyway, let's get back to Pascal. This is his thread.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I've said it before, he is the main cog of the team (something RdZ sees too), that's why he always starts the important games. The best signing the club has ever made period. If it sounds about like 'man love' - well it is!
I genuinely think you’re right. He must be among the very best, if not THE best signing we’ve ever made. £3 million and he’s into his seventh season, with so many goals and, right now, he seems to be making every assist. He just has an incredible football brain.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports