Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pascal Groß the raumdeuter

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Gonna flush out all the people who sit near me.

Amazingly I've just had a NEW Saturday flashback.

In the second half Gross stroked the most sublime pass from the East Stand across the box to Maupay (?).

Sadly the defender just got enough of his hair to flick the ball away.
If the ball 1 inch higher or the Spurs player 1 inch shorter the cross would have been PERFECTION.

From where I was sitting it was fabulous.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Competition for places doing his form no harm at all - Gross, Mooy and Trossard are "find the space" players in the Potter system

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
wondering what has changed if anything? Our first season in the prem seems to have been his best. Yes he did score a great free kick this season but I'm struggling to think of anything else of note. Is he good enough for this league any more? Will he get another contract?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
wondering what has changed if anything? Our first season in the prem seems to have been his best. Yes he did score a great free kick this season but I'm struggling to think of anything else of note. Is he good enough for this league any more? Will he get another contract?

His set piece delivery this season has been excellent. Apart from that he has contributed very little to the team overall in the games he’s played.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

He's fifth in the Premier League goal scoring chances created table - a pretty good record for someone who doesn't hold down a regular first team place.

I think he was missed on Saturday, maybe he's not the quickest but he's still the player most likely to create chances

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think we've missed him. We looked out of ideas on Saturday and in a very un-Potter move, he took far too long to bring him on.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
No 10 role is his best position and problem on Saturday no one did this role so no support for forwards. Whilst I would prefer Mooy or Alzate there sure good chance will be there on Tuesday.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
I can see why he has been out of the team, Mooy has been, rightly, the first name on the team sheet and having both Mooy and Gross means we lack pace. But, we are really missing his creativity. I think the answer is to play them both with Trossard/Maupay but have someone in midfield with a bit more pace. For that reason I'd like to see Bissouma or Alzate in place of Stephens.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He's fifth in the Premier League goal scoring chances created table - a pretty good record for someone who doesn't hold down a regular first team place.

I think he was missed on Saturday, maybe he's not the quickest but he's still the player most likely to create chances

Given how much time we spend fannying around in the last third of the pitch I think his lack of pace is over played. Once the play is in this section pace becomes less important.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007

Be interested to know the breakdown of how many of those chances created are from set pieces and how many from open play. Of the 4 assists he’s got this season, 3 have come from set pieces that Dunk and Webster have scored from and the other one was the cross that Loris fumbled for our first against Spurs. Plus his only goal was also a direct free kick.

As I say, his set piece delivery has been exceptional all season but that is all he’s offered. In open play he’s been very poor and a liability in some games. And I say this as someone who has been a massive Gross fan since he joined us.

If we’re going to accept he’s in the side for set pieces alone and almost sacrifice an outfield player then fair enough but we need more than that now. Has to start as sub for me.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Be interested to know the breakdown of how many of those chances created are from set pieces and how many from open play. Of the 4 assists he’s got this season, 3 have come from set pieces that Dunk and Webster have scored from and the other one was the cross that Loris fumbled for our first against Spurs. Plus his only goal was also a direct free kick.

As I say, his set piece delivery has been exceptional all season but that is all he’s offered. In open play he’s been very poor and a liability in some games. And I say this as someone who has been a massive Gross fan since he joined us.

If we’re going to accept he’s in the side for set pieces alone and almost sacrifice an outfield player then fair enough but we need more than that now. Has to start as sub for me.

As I said, liability.

How he’s got his place back I do not know. Get him off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here