Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parking & travel advice for Norwich

broadsman

Oct 25, 2016
Just had a quick look at this as we are about to leave. Station option seems best and most popular. What sort of time can we expect to be back at the station after game so we can make our meeting plans?
Thanks to you all- hoping for a great game and atmosphere, and obviously an away win but a draw would do nicely!
Cheers- see you in about 3 hours hopefully!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What about drop wife off in car near Pavillion,drive to mithrus house park and ride,after game pick wife up around Pavillion /Old Steine area.you can get in and out of car quickly just before St james Street on the side heading towards pier ,cost only petrol.

That is the best advice if driving straight off homewards after the game and not staying in the town.. Why pay for parking at Brighton station just not logical or cost effective.

Hazwaz

Jul 23, 2012
Hove
Park in City College Pelham Street £5.00 all day (must be coins) 5mins walk to station ,stop off at Brighton toy museum and chilli shop on way to station and wife can enjoy North Laines which imho better than the Lanes

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Afternoon All
I? Is there anywhere good ( and cheap) to park in the centre- NCP multi storeys maybe? Would they be close to the links to the Amex? Look forward to seeing your ideas.
Also looking forward to my first ever visit to the Amex, having been to the Withdean but never the Goldstone. She was reluctantly going to attend her first away match tomorrow but as she was not too keen to start with I returned her ticket today. She decided we have been too poor lately so did not want to "waste £32 to see us get hammered 6-0 " They were her words not mine!!

She said 6

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Park in City College Pelham Street £5.00 all day (must be coins) 5mins walk to station ,stop off at Brighton toy museum and chilli shop on way to station and wife can enjoy North Laines which imho better than the Lanes

Ahem.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Afternoon All
I was hoping for some reliable local knowledge to help us out tomorrow. I am driving down from Norwich in the morning with my wife and son. She wants to spend the day around Brighton and the shops etc. while my son and I are at the game. She has wanted to visit Brighton for a long while so this is the perfect chance with the game coinciding with half term. We are hoping to arrive around 10.30-11am to have a look round and lunch before us two go to the Amex. With the free transport option in mind should we park in the city centre somewhere then use the train or bus to get to the ground. Then travel back after to meet her, leaving Brighton to go home once the traffic dies down. Would that be better than her having to find her way back to the shops if we used the park and ride/match day parking? Is there anywhere good ( and cheap) to park in the centre- NCP multi storeys maybe? Would they be close to the links to the Amex? Look forward to seeing your ideas.
Also looking forward to my first ever visit to the Amex, having been to the Withdean but never the Goldstone. She was reluctantly going to attend her first away match tomorrow but as she was not too keen to start with I returned her ticket today. She decided we have been too poor lately so did not want to "waste £32 to see us get hammered 6-0 " They were her words not mine!!

to be fair she was only one off on her prediction! Hope you enjoyed your day out on the south coast.

broadsman

Oct 25, 2016
Well that escalated!!
Turned out she had a better day than us. Not far off on her prediction either. Awful performance from players and fans also poor, weather got better though and traffic and parking
all good. We used London Road/Providence Place- only £8. Bargain! Best of luck for rest of season. Both teams still likely to be top six I imagine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here