Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parking & travel advice for Norwich

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Drive to Lewes
Park up there. Its no more than £5 for all day unlike Brighton's car parking madness.
You get the free train and back to Falmer for the match . She can get a return train ticket to Brighton. Its £6.40.
Less hassle than driving all the way into Brighton too.

So, with the parking and train fare, it'll cost them £11.40 to park in Lewes - may as well park at Brighton station for £13 and be central.

Shy Talk

Mar 3, 2012
Brighton
Why not park and ride from Withdean to town centre, then bus or train to the match and back? Take the wife out for a meal and drown your sorrows after the match and get bus back to Withdean.

broadsman

Oct 25, 2016
Plenty of useful advice and options there- thanks very much. To keep things simple I'm favouring either the station car park or the Churchill shopping one. That way my wife is centrally located for the day and we can simply use the matchday transport option. Looks like a fair cost to park whichever we do it anyway. Am I right in thinking if we park at the station there will be a free return train from there? If we park at the Churchill Centre what is the closest transport link?
Thanks for this assistance.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Btn Stn would be my choice for a hassle-free day - allow half an hour for the last three miles into Brighton though.

Regarding the shopping... The very centre of town, round Churchill Square, is nothing special on the retail front. Churchill Square itself is bland. Spend an hour or more in North Laine (next to the station) then stroll south through the Pavilion Gardens to The Lanes. I'd then walk to the adjacent seafront and if she doesn't fancy the pier, turn right and walk as far as the i360 tower. Turn right there up to Western Road and right once again towards Churchill Square. It's a short stroll from there up to the station.

broadsman

Oct 25, 2016
Just seen a reply mentioning Withdean Park and Ride ( although it now seems to have vanished (the thread not the P&R!)) Looking at the Withdean option we can buy a family return for £10 which is a bit cheaper than some parking options. Any logistical issues with using this to cover both shopping and football?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Just seen a reply mentioning Withdean Park and Ride ( although it now seems to have vanished (the thread not the P&R!)) Looking at the Withdean option we can buy a family return for £10 which is a bit cheaper than some parking options. Any logistical issues with using this to cover both shopping and football?
Withdean would be a good call (check times though). The North Lains, Lanes, Pier, i360 would be a good stroll. And meet up somewhere in Queens Road, everyone local knows the clock tower, which is down from the station. 6:00 would be a good meeting time.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

That could be a good option. The only major downside is getting back to it post match.

From the Amex, you can get a train to Brighton and a bus no 27 to going to Westdene (basically it ends up back at the park and ride.. both included with your match ticket). I would guess it will be around an hour to get back to your car from the final whistle.

If you are going to park up from 11:30 then use your match tickets to get into town and then onto the Amex (25 or 25X to the stadium) Just get your wife a City saver ticket (£5) for unlimited all day travel on Brighton & Hove buses.

Get off at the Clock Tower for Churchill Sq (shopping area) and your wife can return when she is ready from the stop directly opposite.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Plenty of useful advice and options there- thanks very much. To keep things simple I'm favouring either the station car park or the Churchill shopping one. That way my wife is centrally located for the day and we can simply use the matchday transport option. Looks like a fair cost to park whichever we do it anyway. Am I right in thinking if we park at the station there will be a free return train from there? If we park at the Churchill Centre what is the closest transport link?

The train to and from the ground is included. Churchill Square is only a 10 minute walk to the station

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The station car park is the best idea and you should do it. Trust me. Chruchill Square means loads of traffic issues in and out of town, Station parking only a 5 minute walk to everywhere.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Park at the station...

1. Easier to get to when you reach town.
2. Considerably cheaper. CS get's very expensive after 4 hours.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Go to Withdean Shoppers Park and Ride you and son will be free with your ticket wifes fare will be £4 you wont park in Brighton town centre for much less and the 27 goes straight to the clocktower. You can get off at the station or stay on to the clocktower and get the 25 bus, again free.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Really, with your family taking different options for the day the station car park is best. It's smack in the centre.

Be at the station for 2.00 latest for your journey to Falmer. Preferably earlier as there is a big crowd tomorrow. Your lady can meet you back there.

The Withdean Park and Ride adds redundant logistics to your day.

There are buses available to the stadium as well from the bottom of North Street if you can't be arsed to walk back up to the station. Number 25 is frequent. There is the 28 and 29 too. Get on and follow the scarves.

Have a splendid day- apart from the obvious.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Why not park and ride from Withdean to town centre, then bus or train to the match and back? Take the wife out for a meal and drown your sorrows after the match and get bus back to Withdean.

The 27 takes forever to get into town from Withdean. The station car park is definitely the best option for the game and shopping.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here