Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parking tickets

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I thought it was now accepted that you had 10 mins grace to nip in a shop or whatever but obviously not.

It was never accepted that you get 10 mins to park illegally.
what a ridiculous notion.
If you park legally, and pay as you should, then if when the time is up you get 10 mins grace.
If you park legally and go off to get change, get a paper, buy your road tax you do not get a free 10 minutes. you get a ticket.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As I have said I misunderstood it I thought it was 10 mins grace to nip in and buy a paper etc rather than go to an out of town store with car parks.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
As I have said I misunderstood it I thought it was 10 mins grace to nip in and buy a paper etc rather than go to an out of town store with car parks.

I'm surprised you thought you could gracefully park illegally!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Virtually every day for god knows how long you start a thread on who we are possibly targeting or who we should sign and what positions we need to cover, then on transfer deadline day you hit us with a parking ticket thread :ffsparr:

You sir, are one hell of a man :thumbsup:
He's probably a little titsy that none of his incredibly dull, predictably and frankly shite suggestions have been taken up by the club.

Having gone through every former player, every former CH player, and every player who has once scored against us, BG managed to 'find' Sidwell.

Hardly a great advert for a life's work.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
No as per your picture he was were the black car is watched by somebody in a white top just past the bus stop.

Pardon me asking, but why on earth would he park illegally on the main road for any time at all rather than drive just round the corner and park legally for a few pence in the car park by Iceland?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I said this to him and he replied that there are very rarely wardens about in HH town and he took a chance as did many others.who got tickets. He is not complaining about it, neither am I as it was fully justified I was just querying the new government guideline and as has been pointed out I have mis understood them no great problem.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He's probably a little titsy that none of his incredibly dull, predictably and frankly shite suggestions have been taken up by the club.

Having gone through every former player, every former CH player, and every player who has once scored against us, BG managed to 'find' Sidwell.

Hardly a great advert for a life's work.

If that was remotely true I would agree with you.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Going on BG theory, im off to rob a bank for 10 minutes as its legal for that amount of time. See you all later.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
I got one through the post today from MET Parking Services for outstaying my welcome at the Macdonalds in Burgess Hill.

I'm a slow eater, ffs. Do they not want customers?

Yes but that's not a real Penalty charge.

Either the McD's Manager can cancel it if you ask, or you can win by appealing it.

See the 'legal advice' thread about the NCP fake PCN. Same applies, win at POPLA.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Yes I wanted to take it up with the council based on the governments guidance but he has paid it saying he cant be bothered with the hassle, the youngsters of today they have no fight in them.

Either that, or they understand the law.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here