Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parking ticket

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
shes going to claim she had a panic attack........keep you updated :lol:

Lovely stuff. That's the kind of thing insurance companies love. I reckon a £35 fine could end up looking like good value.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
shes going to claim she had a panic attack........keep you updated :lol:

I'm the first to suggest fighting parking tickets of any type. In particular private ones and those issued by councils for overstaying in a pay bay ( all these types of tickets are is money raisers ). BUT parking in a bus stop, really, she should just pay and not do it again. It's EXACTLY this sort of thing tickets SHOULD be issued for. I'll be interested what the council say given they must have seen you jump back in the car.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Could the bus have pulled in safely behind you?If so I'm surprised the park where you like merchants on here haven't proposed the defence of no provable bus company loss.I don't see any difference between your situation (if the bus could have still pulled in safely) and those who use that defence in private car parks.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Could the bus have pulled in safely behind you?If so I'm surprised the park where you like merchants on here haven't proposed the defence of no provable bus company loss.I don't see any difference between your situation (if the bus could have still pulled in safely) and those who use that defence in private car parks.

Because private parking is governed by contract law and any loss to the landowner whilst this is covered by traffic regulations - nothing to do with loss and everything to do with keeping the traffic flowing.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Because private parking is governed by contract law and any loss to the landowner whilst this is covered by traffic regulations - nothing to do with loss and everything to do with keeping the traffic flowing.

Please read my post carefully.I said "if the bus could pull in safely behind...." therefore nothing to do with traffic flow.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Please read my post carefully.I said "if the bus could pull in safely behind...." therefore nothing to do with traffic flow.

The reason bus stops are designated 'no stopping' areas to to ensure buses aren't held up. It doesn't matter if his GF blocked as bus or not - the law says DON'T stop there.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
The reason bus stops are designated 'no stopping' areas to to ensure buses aren't held up. It doesn't matter if his GF blocked as bus or not - the law says DON'T stop there.

I'm well aware of the law and very much agree with it.

I also agree with private landowners being able to take reasonable measures to protect their parking including enforceable ticketing where signage is clear and plentiful.That is where we differ.

theboybilly

What about 2 buses needing room, one behind the other? Best just pay up and be done with it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here