Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parking in Coldean - residents not happy.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Lewes, but if i pay to park near the station whats the problem? But i'd allways walkto the train station.. so you can buy me a couple of beers LOL ::drink::cheers::drink:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Do you know Coldean? I doubt if you do, as you would have backed out of this long before. Park Road cannot be worse on match days, as its packed solid 7 days a week. Drive up it in the evenings and give it a go. Have a look around at the grass verges at the lower end of Coldean. It can't be much worse on match days, as theres no space on other days. Or are people moaning because someone is parking illegally on the grass verge, before they get a chance to park illegally there?

Yes I do know the area. But you don't have to know the area to know that 11 cars on a non match day is not as bad as say 15 or 20 cars on a match day. If this were the case then residents could claim it is worse. That is why traffic surveys are undertaken to.compare the before and after. And having been there last week there was still space for another 8 or so card to park that way.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Err, yes so did I so why bother replying to the post? I take that as a back down then.

What has announcement at sporting events got to do with Coldean? Not many to answer your question, but when you do its no doubt because some moron is blocking emerency vehicles access, rather than someone has parked to close to Mrs Smyths gate.

I reply to help you who is clearly hard of reading. I said you were not liable to be ticketed e.g what would happen if you were parked illegally but could be removed which is what would happen if.your parking was considered a nuisance e.g I'm.breach of through highway code.

But as per your other post you will twist and turn what is said - oh and negative rep doesn't work when you have a red reputation yourself :D

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
oh and negative rep doesn't work when you have a red reputation yourself :D
I think its does, as someone commented on a pointless rep I left them on another thread.

But then off course, I can't do, as you are always right about everything... tut silly me :tosser:

Last edited:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
I think its does, as someone commented on a pointless rep I left them on another thread.

But then off course, I can't do, as you are always right about everything... tut silly me :tosser:

Well I think its now fairly obvious to anybody reading this that you are unable to hold any discussion with. You make London Irish seem almost insecure in his opinions.

Whilst you leave a comment - which you've now done twice , each one getting more offensive, you aren't able to deduct points. What I get is a rather pointless grey space - a bit like the contents of your skull.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Well a discussion takes at least two people. And so far on this thread you haven't really discussed anything have you, rather just "told it as it is" even though your completely wrong in most cases. So no, I do find it very hard to hold a discussion with someone like that.

Talking of London Irish, you can always tell the idiots, when they crack out the line "its obvious to anyone reading this", and that sums you up, telling other people what they are thinking. To you, your opinion is always correct, even when the people who know the area, or live in the area are telling you otherwise, you always have to come back with something else to try and convince yourself your correct.

Give it up. Accept you can be wrong. You'll feel better for it.

Oh, and don't my comment deduct points. Oh no, what shall I do. What a disater. I'm devastated. Who do I turn too..................:facepalm: :tosser:

P.S. Have a third neg. Can never be wrong. :tosser: Can we put the tosser smilie in neg?

Last edited:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
P.S. Have a third neg. Can never be wrong. :tosser: Can we put the tosser smilie in neg?

Okay let's break this down for you as you seem to have lost the plot (maybe a legacy from your continuing rant against paul samrah which left you unhinged for a few weeks?);

1) I commented that in my view you were wrong about jeanne lepper. Which you apparently were as it wasnt even her that said it

2) I commented that whilst it is not illegal to park over a driveway, it was in breach of the highway code. I think we've now concluded as per both of your reference points that this is correct

3) I wrote that I thought a car COULD be towed away if in breach of the highway code and gave an reason as to why this was my view. We've yet to have this proven or disproven.

4) I stated that in my view there is a a parking problem in that area of coldean on a non match day. Which I'm sure we agree on?

5) I wrote that on my last visit there was scope for that problem to get worse on a matchday - do we disagree on this?

6) I gave my view that it is important to establish if it is worse on a matchday so as to deal with the perception with reality. Do you disagree with that?

So this exchange has led to two Tosser smileys and two or three insults via reputation from you? Oh and I got admonished by someone who thought it unfair that I likened you to London Irish because he was a good poster.

You really need to calm down. You're like a little yappy dog who thinks he can take on the whole world and just gets into grandstanding.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Okay let's break this down for you as you seem to have lost the plot (maybe a legacy from your continuing rant against paul samrah which left you unhinged for a few weeks?);

1) I commented that in my view you were wrong about jeanne lepper. Which you apparently were as it wasnt even her that said it

2) I commented that whilst it is not illegal to park over a driveway, it was in breach of the highway code. I think we've now concluded as per both of your reference points that this is correct

3) I wrote that I thought a car COULD be towed away if in breach of the highway code and gave an reason as to why this was my view. We've yet to have this proven or disproven.

4) I stated that in my view there is a a parking problem in that area of coldean on a non match day. Which I'm sure we agree on?

5) I wrote that on my last visit there was scope for that problem to get worse on a matchday - do we disagree on this?

6) I gave my view that it is important to establish if it is worse on a matchday so as to deal with the perception with reality. Do you disagree with that?

So this exchange has led to two Tosser smileys and two or three insults via reputation from you? Oh and I got admonished by someone who thought it unfair that I likened you to London Irish because he was a good poster.

You really need to calm down. You're like a little yappy dog who thinks he can take on the whole world and just gets into grandstanding.
For someone whon you cant hold a discssion with, you do seem to be going on and on. Why do I need to clam down? How I got excited? :yawn: Or are you London Irish in disguise. Do you always have to have the last word? Be my guest :tosser:

P.S. Thats three tosser signs and 4 negs, and quite a few yawns now. Fun aint it :D

Last edited:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield

Okay

1) So why the snidey comment? Why not just say that, and maybe correct the OP for posting false articles? Or do you prefer just being a snide? Maybe no one should post of any thread on here until they have the absolute facts. Maybe we should start banning people if there posts are inaccrute, or maybe we can just correct people, without having to be snide about it.

2) So why bring it up? The highway code is a code. Thats why its called a code. Police can only take action(if ever) if an exit is being blocked, not if an entry is blocked.

3) Again pointless. Didn't/doesn't help the thread. A car can be towed if they want to paint the lines white again. It cannot be towed for parking across a drive way. Its rude, its out of order, but its public highway, and you can't say who can or can't park outside your house.

4) Yes

5) Yes we do. Parking in Park Road, bottom of Rushlake Road is full. So there is no scope for these mentioned roads to get worse, unless as I said, someone beats a house owner to the space on the grass verge! To blame football on the problem, is very easy, and ignoring the main issue. I'd love to see them put posts into the verge to stop people partking on them. Be nice payback to anyone who uses football as an excuse.

6) Off course I think I've said that haven't I.

So I'm a yappy dog??? And you moan about insults, yet managed to leave one in nearly every post. And you talk of twisting things. :tosser: And you bring up the Paul Samrah rant. Scraping the barrel there to try and get some support. Have another :tosser:

High and mighty people like you, who have an opinion on everything, without saying very much at all just wind this board up. You have your head stuck so far up your own arse, you must be able to see the back of your teeth. Well, with a view like that, whats it like not having to go to the densits for check ups? Lucky you. And for good measure :tosser: :D

The floors open for you to have the final say, ala London Irish. Have fun

Ooops almost forgot :tosser:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Not moaning about insults - it's quite fun really. A bit of Burns baiting diverts me from my humdrum world, seeing how you read one thing and make such extreme or illogical conclusions based on vivid imagination.

Not keen on the repeated use of the tosser smiley and not sure I'd use it myself but each to his (or her) own.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Not moaning about insults - it's quite fun really. A bit of Burns baiting diverts me from my humdrum world, seeing how you read one thing and make such extreme or illogical conclusions based on vivid imagination.

Not keen on the repeated use of the tosser smiley and not sure I'd use it myself but each to his (or her) own.
Poor comeback. Very poor.

What makes me laugh about people like you, is you start, as you did this exchnage, with a snide comment, then throw your insults in throughtout. You then have the front accuse others of twisting things, but then make a point that you are getting absue, and act like a victim. Not left wing are you? You added absolutely nothing to the debate (nothing you said was relavant), other than turn it into a laughing stock (granted with a little help from yours truely)

SO I take it the last rep was from you then. f***ing man up. :tosser:

Anyway, over and out until our paths mets again. And just for you :tosser:

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
I used to live in Coldean and certainly when I was there parking didn't appear to have rhyme or reason.

Maybe someone should nip round there on a non matchday saturday, take a few snaps and repeat the same on a matchday?

I bet they moan about the London to Brighton bike ride blocking off Coldean for the day as well.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I bet they moan about the London to Brighton bike ride blocking off Coldean for the day as well.

I moan about the bike ride, but only because it is always father's day. It makes it almost impossible to see my family, or go out for a meal etc.. I just wish they would do it a different week. Anyway that is not relevent!!

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I moan about the bike ride, but only because it is always father's day. It makes it almost impossible to see my family, or go out for a meal etc.. I just wish they would do it a different week. Anyway that is not relevent!!
Its a pain in the arse I agree, but its not nearly impossible is it. Granted you cant leave via the top of Coldean Lane, and thats a pain in the arse, but if you come in from the bottom, theres no real differece really. Shouldn't be on fathers day completely agree with that.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
There are signs in Park Road and Rushlake Road this morning "Residents only - no football parking". They were up very early too as they were there at 8.00. I'm not sure that they have any legal force but it will be interesting to see what parking is like today.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
There are signs in Park Road and Rushlake Road this morning "Residents only - no football parking". They were up very early too as they were there at 8.00. I'm not sure that they have any legal force but it will be interesting to see what parking is like today.

They have no legal force at all.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Issue for me is that some oik is gonna come along and do a nice job with a 10p down the side of your motor - what do you do then? Report it to the cops? Go get your mates? Potential for a bit of agg I reckon

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here