Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Parish Marketing Rant...can anyone post on BBS?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I love how you all jump on the moral high ground, as if we INTENTIONALLY went out our way to screw people over. What happened was unfortunate but it wasn't intentionally immoral. Both admins were due to a mixture of bad business planning and unfortunate circumstances (a recession, relegation from the Premiership, a loan company calling in a debt all in one go etc etc)

Good post , the funny thing is that they can't see what they have been given and that they have had massive gifts which in this day and age is pretty unheard of ( to good to be true some might say ) . We will have to live with our past but look to the future and the future looks rather promising . I'm glad we have 4sensible owners and the club is being run as a role model for clubs who don't have the fortune of having a sugar daddy to fund them .

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
You all said this in January then we signed Ledley, Dann, Ince, Hennersey and Puncheon on the last day, all players that are very decent for any bottom half Premiership team.

You said "We are", not "We were". I'm talking about now. This window.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
whilst we are in for some top players to play in an already decent side that finished 11th last year. The gap feels like it is getting wider and wider each day, especially when you hear the huge amounts of cash Prem teams are now banking with the new Sky and BT TV deals. I can understand why it must hurt to be fair.
You've only signed 1 player who'll be in a 25 named squad and that was Campbell (apart from a rookie goalie who was released by Blackpool :lol:) because he turned down personal terms at Leicester as they wouldn't pay him more than £35k a week. Even Gnabry at Arsenal doesn't want to slum it at Selhurst and would rather be a benchwarmer at The Emirates.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
We will leave it late to get best vfm, we do things on the quiet so you will hear about it when we do .

Genuine question: Do you think it works as a tactic for the club? You signed a lot of people last summer, but were they early or later in the window? Interesting to know if that was part of the early season struggles for you or other factors played a part.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
It appears that the aim for last years accounts is to get under the £8 mill deficit to conform with FFP .
So how is revenue going to be increased ?
Ulloa's money will certainly help, but with attendances peaked, and investment in the team looking to be League 1 players and Premier League loanees and freebees, it doesn't inspire confidence does it ?
I think Sami will have his work cut out to reach the playoffs this season.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
You've only signed 1 player who'll be in a 25 named squad and that was Campbell (apart from a rookie goalie who was released by Blackpool :lol:) because he turned down personal terms at Leicester as they wouldn't pay him more than £35k a week. Even Gnabry at Arsenal doesn't want to slum it at Selhurst and would rather be a benchwarmer at The Emirates.
We will see soggy , how's your player recruitment going ? Will o'grady fill the void of gladallover ?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Genuine question: Do you think it works as a tactic for the club? You signed a lot of people last summer, but were they early or later in the window? Interesting to know if that was part of the early season struggles for you or other factors played a part.

Holloway .

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Holloway .

Was he the only reason for it? Did the number of players or the timing of the transfers have an any effect or was it all at his door?

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014

Last time I looked, there was a month to go till the window shuts.

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
You said "We are", not "We were". I'm talking about now. This window.

My point was that in the last window we managed to make some decent signings late on so we obviously have a recent history of doing our business this way. Pulis was well known for it in his Stoke days as he feels you get better value for money.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Was he the only reason for it? Did the number of players or the timing of the transfers have an any effect or was it all at his door?

With getting promoted so late we were playing catch up and we panicked with transfers . Some worked some didn't but that is a fact for most clubs but because we bought in so many it looked like a shambles ( it probably was ) when tony came in he bought with him a steady head who didn't panic when the window was closing . I expect the same this window so I won't be wetting my knickers and making them go all soggy .

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Last time I looked, there was a month to go till the window shuts.

Palace have been linked to about a dozen players in the last month , they've either signed for another Premier League club or shown total disinterest in a move.

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
Palace have been linked to about a dozen players in the last month , they've either signed for another Premier League club or shown total disinterest in a move.

I can think of Caulker, Sigurdsoon and Gnabry. Care to list the other 9? As I said, judge us at the end of the window, I think your be in for a surprise or 2...

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012

I don't believe that soggy , can you name them for clarification .

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
something you palace twats didn't need to do ,you just went into admin again and again

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here