Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Parish Marketing Rant...can anyone post on BBS?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Both you and I know that isn't true don't we . I think your rattled by Vince's thread in homage to you .

He isn't the only one to stir it up on NSC and then report back to the dribblers on BBS.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
He isn't the only one to stir it up on NSC and then report back to the dribblers on BBS.

I'm very restricted on what I can say on here. I'd love to speak my mind on NSC were some of the more fragile characters on these boards able to be less sensitive about their club's shortcomings.

Still, at least Croydon's a dump, the eagle, goal music etc

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
But you Palace fans were promised one by Prince Charming some four years ago and all you Palace fans were creaming yourselves at the fact it would outstrip the Amex capacity. Is it nearing completion?

A few Palace fans got a bit over excited. I wouldn't say all.

Not that it was that big a deal. Palace were already playing in an adequate stadium, so the need to have one built immediately was less pressing than for some. In fact, even now the fan base is split between those wanting to remain at Selhurst, move to the Park, or another site.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Shame Prince Charming seems to have stopped his twitter spats with fans.

Used to be amusing, but he seems to have learnt discretion, which is a pity.

Still, he's only one tweet away from hilarity :lolol: , and when the bad times return there should be more opportunities for a snigger.

Last edited:

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
But you Palace fans were promised one by Prince Charming some four years ago and all you Palace fans were creaming yourselves at the fact it would outstrip the Amex capacity. Is it nearing completion?

That would have been perfect , but in reality the nimbys would not allow it in the park ATM . Hopefully when the Chinese build the new complex on the old crystal palace site it might open the door to us . I'm excited with the prospect of re developing selhurst and that will happen within a few years , but I wouldn't completely rule out the former .

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
How do you know this soggy ? None of you lot are allowed in North Korea are yer . Unless ???

Don't underestimate the power of The Sog.
He spends hours and hours trawling ( no pun intended ) the internet and the world of Twitter, to pick up snippets of shit that he can pass on as fact.
Also it was his chant of "attack ,attack, attack attack attack " that spurred the Albion on to another play off disappointment.
All hail the Sog :albion2:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
How do you know this soggy ? None of you lot are allowed in North Korea are yer . Unless ???

I note "old git" has posted the vid earlier this afternoon for the lickers to salivate over.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I note "old git" has posted the vid earlier this afternoon for the lickers to salivate over.

Been lurking have yer . Most thought it was a un funny outdated spin on our piss take from a few years back , But never mind .

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
That would have been perfect , but in reality the nimbys would not allow it in the park ATM . Hopefully when the Chinese build the new complex on the old crystal palace site it might open the door to us . I'm excited with the prospect of re developing selhurst and that will happen within a few years , but I wouldn't completely rule out the former .

The other day I was thinking about when I used to go on the BBS. The main thing that was said was how we are cheating because Tony paid for the stadium. As it turned out Brighton don't own the Amex and pay £1 million rent a year to play there. Tony the Landlord built it and charges Brighton the tenants rent.

Crystal palace is set up the same way, but instead of Parish and co (the landlord) paying to refurbish Selhurst, they are getting Palace (the tenants) to pay for it.

If my landlord told me that I had to pay to refubish where I live I would look elsewhere :thumbsup:.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
I love the idea that some of you have that Jedinak is somehow a donkey, or that he's always getting sent off. Jedinak has never been sent off for Palace in over 100 games, and he had the most tackles, interceptions and clearances of any player in the Premier League last year.

Jedinak is one of the best defensive midfielders in the Premier League and was consistently superb last season. To be honest, that entire video reeked of jealousy. By all means keep celebrating the fact that your stadium is lovely and your attendances are impressive, but we're doing the business on the pitch at the moment and we're lightyears ahead of you in terms of the quality of our players and our manager.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
The other day I was thinking about when I used to go on the BBS. The main thing that was said was how we are cheating because Tony paid for the stadium. As it turned out Brighton don't own the Amex and pay £1 million rent a year to play there. Tony the Landlord built it and charges Brighton the tenants rent.

Crystal palace is set up the same way, but instead of Parish and co (the landlord) paying to refurbish Selhurst, they are getting Palace (the tenants) to pay for it.

If my landlord told me that I had to pay to refubish where I live I would look elsewhere :thumbsup:.

So you reckon the tenants ( fans ) will pay for the re development ? I reckon a outside source with a sprinkling of sky money will cover the cost . We don't have a sugar daddy but 4 sensible owners who will do what's best for us the customers sorry the fans .

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
So you reckon the tenants ( fans ) will pay for the re development ? I reckon a outside source with a sprinkling of sky money will cover the cost . We don't have a sugar daddy but 4 sensible owners who will do what's best for us the customers sorry the fans .

I reckon the tenants (crystal Palace fc) will pay for the redevelopment (with the sky money). While the Landlords (Parrish and co) pay nothing.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
I love the idea that some of you have that Jedinak is somehow a donkey, or that he's always getting sent off. Jedinak has never been sent off for Palace in over 100 games, and he had the most tackles, interceptions and clearances of any player in the Premier League last year.

Jedinak is one of the best defensive midfielders in the Premier League and was consistently superb last season. To be honest, that entire video reeked of jealousy. By all means keep celebrating the fact that your stadium is lovely and your attendances are impressive, but we're doing the business on the pitch at the moment and we're lightyears ahead of you in terms of the quality of our players and our manager.

Very good. That made me laugh. He's a dirty Aussie elbow merchant.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013

It's not an unpopular opinion.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/stats-zone-premier-league-central-midfielder-season-201314
http://www.whoscored.com/Articles/6...eague-Focus-Premier-League-Team-of-the-Season

"Palace bragged one of the top flight's finest defensive records once Pulis took charge in November, conceding 27 goals in 26 games, keeping 10 clean sheets and losing only 10 league games under the Welshman's tutelage. Captain Jedinak played a huge role, making more clearances (133), interceptions (139) and tackles won (102), and winning more aerial duels (167) than any other central midfielder.

To understand what those numbers actually mean, it's worth putting them in context. His success rate in the air was the joint-second-highest in the league (70%), slightly below Stoke centre-back Ryan Shawcross (71%) but behind Stoke's Steven N'Zonzi (76%). The Frenchman's success ratio in the air may have been higher, but he only managed 79 successful duels to Jedinak's incredible total.

In the other big categories, meanwhile, no midfielder came remotely close to his exploits; Steven Sidwell finished second in tackles (won) (93), Steven Gerrard was second for clearances (90) while Youssouf Mulumbu trailed him on interceptions (115).

In April's 1-0 win over Aston Villa, Jedinak managed 11 interceptions – the only time a player reached double figures in the league all season – and 7 tackles, his best record in a Premier League game."

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Or you could just get the work done and then not bother to pay the bill..........

As if!!

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014

This all day long. I can't help but laugh at the desperation of it all! CPFC are now so far ahead of BHAFC both on and off the pitch and deep down most of the sane posters on here know it hence the mocking threads that once used to be so common on NSC about the mighty Eagles have ceased massively in quantity... yet still the odd one tries to steam the one way torrent of dominance and hit back. Obviously in reality the poster in question was scratching his head with viable things he could use against us so you get the usual bitter and totally off the mark comments about Jedinak being a dirty player, Pulis playing hoofball with 6'7 cloggers, our crap support (which was voted best in Prem I might add) Murray being past it and crooked, our best players being sold soon.

Dream on Hillbilly, with Pulis in charge we are going from strength to strength whilst playing great counter attacking pacy football in an electric atmosphere, with owners that have vast £££ to spend on the team and infrastructure whereas you lot seem to be going the other way if your recent transfers and financial losses are anything to go by (COG and Hughes in particular are mid table Championship players at best and your recent season reports suggest your in big trouble financially) Add to that the managers and multiple players employed by you that have been leaving the sinking shop faster than you can say FFS Murray (Poyet, Bridcutt, Oscar, Kuzszack, Upson, Ulloa to name but a few in recent times) Face it, the rivalry is one way in terms of bragging rights and it's gonna be that way for a long, long time.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Personally I thought the Downfall video was focused on the naff ness of palace rather than the standard of their football. Which is fine by me as this is all we have to laugh at these days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here