Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parish CPFC 36% more potential than any other club

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I would have thought the demolition costs for any of there 4 stands would be very expensive, due to location and the surrounding area.

But what an improvement though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So KSS, the architects who designed the Amex, are the ones who are now designing the redevelopement of Selhurst Park then
Oh no not another soulless indentikit bowl of a ground with no atmosphere.

...oh hang on, that now needs a rethink.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Oh no not another soulless indentikit bowl of a ground with no atmosphere.

...oh hang on, that now needs a rethink.

Hard to know what Palace fans really want, isn't it? I thought their ultras were meant to hate all the money and corporate culture that goes with modern day football. Presumably they're already demonstrating about their fury of having their "characterful" and "intimidating" stadium replaced with something more shiny, with thousands of extra seats for the plastic fans they despise. And telling those horrible Americans to take their filthy money elsewhere so they can continue to be the St Pauli of south London. That is happening, isn't it?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
"We are the only Premier League club south of the river (Thames). There are 2.4 million people in south London and no other Premier League club until you get to Southampton. So it has to be the biggest catchment area potential of any single football club in the country.”

Love the way he contradicts in the first two sentences. Has he also forgotten about Bournemouth.

The US investors might want to review his business plan if he is putting a heavy reliance on this catchment area. In six months they could have the 15th best supported club taking a fair amount of that "premiership" catchment area.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sorry I was reading it and NSC went to database error so couldnt finish it so must have assumed the 50 miles. He has conveniently missed the many teams in London who are nearer and supported by many from their catchment area. My apologies

No need to apologise.

As for other nearby teams in London - I don't think Disney is claiming that current fans of those clubs are suddenly going to switch allegiences if Palace get this new stadium. My reading of it was that looking long-term, future generations of football fans in South London and beyond into the counties could be attracted to support Palace if they're still in the PL, and actually playing in a proper stadium as opposed to their current dilapidated rabbit hutch of a ground.

We have to be clear though - NONE of those new fans they attract could in any way be described as being "plastic". Absolutely not. They'd all be dyed-in-the-wool Palace fans through and through. Goes without saying.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
No need to apologise.

As for other nearby teams in London - I don't think Disney is claiming that current fans of those clubs are suddenly going to switch allegiences if Palace get this new stadium. My reading of it was that looking long-term, future generations of football fans in South London and beyond into the counties could be attracted to support Palace if they're still in the PL, and actually playing in a proper stadium as opposed to their current dilapidated rabbit hutch of a ground.

We have to be clear though - NONE of those new fans they attract could in any way be described as being "plastic". Absolutely not. They'd all be dyed-in-the-wool Palace fans through and through. Goes without saying.

If I can use a story that's often trotted out by some of you, they would be returning fans.
Because of our small capacity, lots can only get to 2 or 3 games a season, and our season tickets sold out.
With our exciting team, and great atmosphere, I'm sure our catchment area will grow.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hard to know what Palace fans really want, isn't it? I thought their ultras were meant to hate all the money and corporate culture that goes with modern day football. Presumably they're already demonstrating about their fury of having their "characterful" and "intimidating" stadium replaced with something more shiny, with thousands of extra seats for the plastic fans they despise. And telling those horrible Americans to take their filthy money elsewhere so they can continue to be the St Pauli of south London. That is happening, isn't it?

I can only assume the placards are being crayoned as we speak.

There is no way they can be two faced enough to have any alternative.

Edit - seeing the post above, it turns out they can.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
"We are the only Premier League club south of the river (Thames). There are 2.4 million people in south London and no other Premier League club until you get to Southampton. So it has to be the biggest catchment area potential of any single football club in the country.”

Love the way he contradicts in the first two sentences. Has he also forgotten about Bournemouth.

The US investors might want to review his business plan if he is putting a heavy reliance on this catchment area. In six months they could have the 15th best supported club taking a fair amount of that "premiership" catchment area.

What has Bournemouth got to do with it ?? its further than Southampton.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
If I can use a story that's often trotted out by some of you, they would be returning fans.
Because of our small capacity, lots can only get to 2 or 3 games a season, and our season tickets sold out.
With our exciting team, and great atmosphere, I'm sure our catchment area will grow.
Do you sell out then?

Dec 29, 2011

What has Bournemouth got to do with anything?

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...

Oh dear, have the plastics bought so many of the tickets at Selhurst this season that the real fans can't get in anymore?

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex

I dont think the fans have much say in who owns the club (sadly) so I imagine they will have a dam good moan about it.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

se20,where have you been, this thread was open for 3hours and 4 minutes before we've had the benefit of your wisdom.

Did you not get Bozzas alarm, or were you buying a new caravan, on tick of course.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

"Returning" fans ? Why haven't they returned yet then ?

You'll go 6th in the Premier League if you win tonight - what exactly is needed to attract your missing fans back to Selhurst these days ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
"Returning" fans ? Why haven't they returned yet then ?

You'll go 6th in the Premier League if you win tonight - what exactly is needed to attract your missing fans back to Selhurst these days ?

We did that when it was called the 1st DIV then men with money took over then look what happened Palace beware.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The biggest potential of any club in the country, well I guess you if you looking for investment you have to big it up. The Yanks don't really understand our game and will probably take his word for it.

West Ham will be grabbing the day trippers first though, they have 60,000 to fill.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here