Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Paris 2024 Olympic tickets

4goals

Jul 26, 2016
Had my window yesterday, managed to get tickets for 3 events spread over 2 days, total cost €200 but took a lot of effort to find those & most of the really cheap ones had gone/not available - Athletics, Table Tennis & Water Polo.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
No joy here yet with a 48 hour window.

Paris will be great - 100 years on after the 'Chariots of Fire' Olympics. And completely different from last year's UCL mayhem.

Watched the 2003 World Athletic Championships in the SdF before getting to Athens 2004 to see 7 of the 9 GB gold medals won.

Just hope I can get that confirmation email through soon.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
I’ve registered to apply for tickets, but thought I’d wait to see the outcome of any potential boycott re Russian and Belarus athletes being allowed to participate. Cost of tickets seems to be beyond most people. I’d imagine accommodation costs will be similarly prohibitive - has anyone looked into that yet?

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I signed up on a whim for this round of the ballot. Not been picked yet. Fortunately I have no family commitments so if my number's called, the total cost won't be too astronomical.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
I’ve registered to apply for tickets, but thought I’d wait to see the outcome of any potential boycott re Russian and Belarus athletes being allowed to participate. Cost of tickets seems to be beyond most people. I’d imagine accommodation costs will be similarly prohibitive - has anyone looked into that yet?
I had accommodation booked through Vrbo, all paid for at a great price. Then the owner contacted me to say her brother wanted it and was coming over from the US so sorry and here’s your money back. Vrbo don’t guarantee anything unless it’s within a month of the stay and just sent me a list or completely unsuitable and more expensive alternatives. I imagine this will be happening a lot.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
One year to the start...I work with a big group of GB Olympians looking to raise £1m for good causes...They have raised £569k already through good causes auctioning off places on experience days hosted by the Athletes.

If you can spare the price of a pint, we can crowdfund places for Sussex based good causes to auction off and multiply the heck out of your donation.

Full details on www.crowdfunder.co.uk/gbcharitydays

Or here

Message me if you have any queries.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Really looking to this however not sure if I heard it correctly on BBC Breakfast that the opening ceremony is not in a stadium but on and around the Seine

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I had accommodation booked through Vrbo, all paid for at a great price. Then the owner contacted me to say her brother wanted it and was coming over from the US so sorry and here’s your money back. Vrbo don’t guarantee anything unless it’s within a month of the stay and just sent me a list or completely unsuitable and more expensive alternatives. I imagine this will be happening a lot.
I’m going but will stay way out of City. The prices is Paris even now are just stupid

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
No, sadly not
For the three events we were looking at for 3/4 days (gym, trampoline and another) it was going to cost us around 240 Euros each per each 2 hour session. Travel and accommodation etc on top of that. We are going to splurge it on a two week hol in Feb in S Africa instead!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here