Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Paris 2024 Olympic tickets

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
I thought I would take Miss and Mrs SSB to see a bit of the Olympics in Paris next year as Miss SSB is really into trampolining and gymnastics. Having signed up and “won” a 48 hour slot to buy tickets today, the cheapest currently available price to buy a ticket for a qualifying trampoline session (2 hours) is 145 Euros. Looking at the other sports we were hoping to see over a three day period, only the most expensive seats seem to be on sale. Anyone else been suitably underwhelmed ?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I've got tickets - my window was Friday to Sunday. I'm annoyed because when I first logged in the cheap tickets WERE available, but by Saturday morning they'd all gone and I was shopping for €80 tickets. Grrr.

I bit the bullet anyway and snaffled morning athletics session tickets, along with diving and hockey.

Medals sessions prices were all obscene.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
I annoyingly didn’t get my account registered in time for this sale. I subscribed to the Olympic newsletter after Tokyo games in anticipation but must have missed it. I checked out hospitality which gave me a few chuckles. Seems there might be a few more going on sale after this round but I won’t hold my breath.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
I managed today to get some evening athletics which I was surprised to see available. They were cat C. However by the time I had got them, some others I was dithering on had gone and for the other 2 I got what I could which was beach volleyball by the Eiffel Tower and water polo.

I guess I’ll try again when the individual tickets can be applied for. We’ll aim to go for a long weekend so I’m only looking at 4 days around that time which limited my search a bit, but reasonably happy so far.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I've got tickets - my window was Friday to Sunday. I'm annoyed because when I first logged in the cheap tickets WERE available, but by Saturday morning they'd all gone and I was shopping for €80 tickets. Grrr.

I bit the bullet anyway and snaffled morning athletics session tickets, along with diving and hockey.

Medals sessions prices were all obscene.
Amazed at several posters knowing about these tickets - fair play for being on the ball - something I’d love to do.

Out of interest, how big is your party going? Are you tying it on with something else holiday wise or likely to?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I thought I would take Miss and Mrs SSB to see a bit of the Olympics in Paris next year as Miss SSB is really into trampolining and gymnastics. Having signed up and “won” a 48 hour slot to buy tickets today, the cheapest currently available price to buy a ticket for a qualifying trampoline session (2 hours) is 145 Euros. Looking at the other sports we were hoping to see over a three day period, only the most expensive seats seem to be on sale. Anyone else been suitably underwhelmed ?
Yes, my slot was last week.

Had a look and didn’t bother, more than what I wanted to pay.

NODC

Apr 19, 2012
Have my slot ending today, but the events we were interested in only had expensive tickets left and as we are a family of 5 we decided we'd prefer a family summer holiday, we couldn't do both, shame as I couldn't get ticket when it was London and had a chance this time

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Amazed at several posters knowing about these tickets - fair play for being on the ball - something I’d love to do.

Out of interest, how big is your party going? Are you tying it on with something else holiday wise or likely to?
I was on the ball with London 2012 tickets and as a family we still talk about it to this day. Unfortunately my youngest of three was only 18 months old, so he missed out. As such I always promised I'd get tickets if there was ever an Olympics nearby. When Paris won the bid, I felt I had an obligation to him.

Originallly I was originally going with my wife and youngest, but my wife has dropped out, so it'll be me and my 12 (to be 13) year old. We will obviously mix it up with some sight seeing over the course of the 3 days we are there.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I got all my London 2012 tickets through European sites. They had far more affordable tickets available - might be worth checking out if brexit has not scuppered it with new rules. I think James Pearce was the bbc journalist who was helping point to decent offers. Some from a Dutch site meant we had access to Holland house which was at ally pally so we went there one evening and got smashed with thousands of crazy drunk Dutch folk. Funny evening.

I am going to give it a miss. London was fun and living in Warwick we had the commonwealths in the summer so I went to quite a bit as that was far cheaper. I just got fed up getting between venues. I can handle that sort of faff once a decade.

Good luck.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
I got all my London 2012 tickets through European sites. They had far more affordable tickets available - might be worth checking out if brexit has not scuppered it with new rules. I think James Pearce was the bbc journalist who was helping point to decent offers. Some from a Dutch site meant we had access to Holland house which was at ally pally so we went there one evening and got smashed with thousands of crazy drunk Dutch folk. Funny evening.

I am going to give it a miss. London was fun and living in Warwick we had the commonwealths in the summer so I went to quite a bit as that was far cheaper. I just got fed up getting between venues. I can handle that sort of faff once a decade.

Good luck.
Imagine the faff if Albion got into Europe- Slovenia or Lithuania on a Thursday night ….

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Imagine the faff if Albion got into Europe- Slovenia or Lithuania on a Thursday night ….
That is different and I care about the albion rather than just passing interest. I live in Warwick and don’t get to many games but my 14 year old lad is really wanting to get to a game in Europe if we qualify. It will be a pain but worth it.

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
Have my slot ending today, but the events we were interested in only had expensive tickets left and as we are a family of 5 we decided we'd prefer a family summer holiday, we couldn't do both, shame as I couldn't get ticket when it was London and had a chance this time
Same. Just had my window open but for a family of four €230 each for cheapest swimming, €170 each for cheapest athletics and no track cycling available, no thanks. Loads of €30 tickets for football, hockey and rugby sevens if that's your Olympic thing. Will do the Euros in Germany instead.

SAC

May 21, 2014
My window opens tomorrow, I'm now worried that all the cheapest tickets will have gone but perhaps they keep some back for each window?

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
My window opens tomorrow, I'm now worried that all the cheapest tickets will have gone but perhaps they keep some back for each window?
I think they keep some back before each window, but from my experience they do disappear before your eyes so I would say have a good idea of what you want and don’t ponder too much when the window opens as the ones you wanted will quickly disappear if they are at all popular!

There is an 82 page document on the official site showing the ones that are on sale in this phase, note that many of the really good tickets don’t seem to be on offer as part of the packs and I’m guessing they will come later perhaps during the individual sale from May 11 (which is also by ballot and for which you need to register from March 15).

Reactions: SAC

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I loved 2012 (I pretty much went to something every day), but mostly because it was in my home town, I think.

I don't know how I feel about travelling/spending loads to see it in another country - especially minor events, heats etc.

Of course, watching GB gold (in any sport) will be amazing - but no guaranteeing that.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I think they keep some back before each window, but from my experience they do disappear before your eyes so I would say have a good idea of what you want and don’t ponder too much when the window opens as the ones you wanted will quickly disappear if they are at all popular!

There is an 82 page document on the official site showing the ones that are on sale in this phase, note that many of the really good tickets don’t seem to be on offer as part of the packs and I’m guessing they will come later perhaps during the individual sale from May 11 (which is also by ballot and for which you need to register from March 15).

Its interesting looking at the price of Athletics finals tickets, top seats Euro690. That’s cheaper than the London ones were 12 years ago.

The bargain Olympics was Sydney 2000, paid AUD10 to watch Redgrave on the bank!!!

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Still pretty special and a unique event in our history
Well exactly. That was my point. Lots of things are a faff to get to and arrange, but for something you really want to go to suddenly the ’faff’ becomes less of an issue!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Well exactly. That was my point. Lots of things are a faff to get to and arrange, but for something you really want to go to suddenly the ’faff’ becomes less of an issue!
Home town Olympics are special and a lot of people went to obscure sports just for the experience. I did this for last year’s Commonwealth games in Birmingham.

But enduring massive costs to go to Paris to see Sycrnised swimming aren’t gonna fly for me.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
I have just rechecked. It doesn't appear to be that the cheapest tickets have all gone , just that for my choice of sports they don't seem to be on sale yet. Cheapest Trampoline tickets currently145 Euros, cheapest Swimming 150 Euros, Beach volleyball though is 50 Euros..... For the three of us that's a lot of money before travel and accommodation

Reactions: SAC

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here