Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Parenting in pubs

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sat outside the Blue house with a packet of Rincheros, if we were good , a pickled egg.
Happy days.[emoji1303]

I had a pickled egg on Saturday….with my chips, saveloy and battered sausage.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I always thought pickled eggs were a myth. Strange yellow orbs sitting in jars of old formaldehyde on the corner of the bar for decades, but never opened, and definitely never ever eaten.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
My local chip shop has Pickled Eggs.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Pickled eggs are everywhere. I love them.

Haven't been to the Cricketers in years, thankfully. You should have MINCED over to the Stanley, Easy.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
How are kids supposed to learn how to behave in a restaurant unless they are allowed in one? You should go to a restaurant that is unlikely to have families in it or at a time when the kids won't be there.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

This, this and this. My children have been taken to restaurants, and on occasion pubs, since they were toddlers. They know how to behave, never had screens, and even now aren't allowed to use their phones when we go out and they are now 15, 18 and 20. You can't account for chav parents and the answer is don't actually go to places that chavs go to - like the Grenadier in Hangleton or indeed the Stoneham ( as previously mentioned ) which is full of Muesli Hill parents that think their children should run wild because it "aids their social development" - Steiner school idiots who shop at Waitrose.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Taking kids to pubs is fine. As soon as they start to play up (or ideally just before) which is usually after about an hour, it's time to go. That's the deal.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Pickled eggs are everywhere. I love them.

Haven't been to the Cricketers in years, thankfully. You should have MINCED over to the Stanley, Easy.

Agree. What sort of weirdo doesn’t like a pickled egg?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Used to quite enjoy going to the pub with my parents.

The local was quite literally at the end of the street so all the regulars knew my brother and I basically from when we were toddlers.

I guess having been exposed to that environment from an early age we grew up just knowing what was OK and what was not in terms of behaviour.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Makes me think of a wonderful exchange I heard in The Sussex last week when I was in for a bit of food;

Barman - "What you celebrating, Lads?"

Punter - "It's my 18th birthday!"

Barman - "18? You've been coming here for 3 years!"

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Makes me think of a wonderful exchange I heard in The Sussex last week when I was in for a bit of food;

Barman - "What you celebrating, Lads?"

Punter - "It's my 18th birthday!"

Barman - "18? You've been coming here for 3 years!"

The first legal pint I ever had was bought for me by the landlord who'd been serving me for two or three years. Pubs used to be great.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here