Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pardew doing a Poyet?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I don't think 'suffering from a crippling lack of self-confidence' has ever particularly been Alan Pardew's problem in life...

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Sunderland are able to sustain a position in the top leagues due to their large fan base, palace do it by cheating their creditors (twice). You guys are on the crest of a wave at the moment, but when it all comes crashing down, which history tells us it will, what have you got to show for it? New training ground? Nope. New stadium? Nope. A massively unsustainable wage bill? Oh yes.

Bitter moi!

Oh dear :thumbsup:

Last season, we had a wage bill of £45 mill on a £90 mill turnover, hardly unsustainable.
This season, the wage bill will rise, but so will the turnover.
For your sakes, let's hope TB continues to pay the £1 mill a month losses, and gives you access to all his assets ( free of charge)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Last season, we had a wage bill of £45 mill on a £90 mill turnover, hardly unsustainable.
For your sakes, let's hope TB continues to pay the £1 mill a month losses, and gives you access to all his assets ( free of charge)
Brilliant. So the owners are building a legacy, investing in the long term health of your club then?

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Not read the link. But hes been at Newcastle before, one of the biggest clubs in England and it didnt work out, so he ended up at Palace. Its abit of a joke for him to be talking about moving to a bigger club again after such a short time, the fans should be pissed.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Blimey. There's an awful lot of bitterness and jealousy in this thread. You're obsessing over the "size" of a club as if it actually means anything. Last time I checked, being a "big club" in the Premier League doesn't get you any extra points. Meanwhile, little old Palace have the most away points of any Premier League team in 2015, and are sitting in the top four of the Premier League. We're being tipped left, right and centre as dark horses for a European spot at the end of the season. We're constantly being praised for our exciting attacking football with genuine PL quality in every position. We've got a top class international in Yohan Cabaye in the middle of the park and our wingers are the envy of almost every club in the country. Established Premier League teams are putting 10 men behind the ball against us for 90 minutes and hoping that we don't tear them to pieces.

We might not be as big as the likes of Newcastle, but we're miles ahead of them on the pitch where it matters.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
A thread based on a Mail article. Not a paper to trust. Before the politicos dive in, ditto the Independent and the Guardian. Pardew has done well in Croydon. Not my favourite manager and not a gent like CH but he is a football man.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Pardew is a good manager, he is annoying/funny depending on your view, however he has done a good job everywhere he has been.

Could do worse for England

I agree he is a very good coach, perhaps not as good a Manager but he comes with a lot of baggage and negatives. He needs a real big money job to unload that baggage so I wonder if situations are getting worse.

His record in the transfer market is not that great either and he has inherited Yanick Bolasie and Will Zaha he won't inherit such good offensive players everywhere he goes

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Sunderland are able to sustain a position in the top leagues due to their large fan base, palace do it by cheating their creditors (twice). You guys are on the crest of a wave at the moment, but when it all comes crashing down, which history tells us it will, what have you got to show for it? New training ground? Nope. New stadium? Nope. A massively unsustainable wage bill? Oh yes.

Bitter moi!

CPFC version 3.0 does look more sustainable this time, they may even last more than 10 years this time

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

Well at least TB can afford to pay his own debts. The same cannot always be said for Pardew, given his history at Newcastle. Or has Parish bought them over ? All paid up then is he ?

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I do love having a pop at Palace however I'm very much in the ignore if at all possible camp at the moment. I find it hard to legitimately have a credible dig at them when they are currently sitting 4th in the PL and looking like they will comfortably compete at that level for another season. Pardew and Palace are a natural fit, a bit like Fred and Rose West if you like. I wonder how Newcastle fans feel now looking at how Pardew has performed with Palace? Fortunately we are also doing well so theres not much the Palace trolls can feed on right now.

The prospect of Albion v Palace in the top flight edges a little closer each week, can you imagine that?!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I
I do love having a pop at Palace however I'm very much in the ignore if at all possible camp at the moment. I find it hard to legitimately have a credible dig at them when they are currently sitting 4th in the PL and looking like they will comfortably compete at that level for another season. Pardew and Palace are a natural fit, a bit like Fred and Rose West if you like. I wonder how Newcastle fans feel now looking at how Pardew has performed with Palace? Fortunately we are also doing well so theres not much the Palace trolls can feed on right now.

The prospect of Albion v Palace in the top flight edges a little closer each week, can you imagine that?!
Whilst I understand you reluctance at not wanting to have a go at them and I realise that my efforts are largely futile, I like to think of it as keeping the pitchforks sharpened until we meet again..........:hilton:

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
IWhilst I understand you reluctance at not wanting to have a go at them and I realise that my efforts are largely futile, I like to think of it as keeping the pitchforks sharpened until we meet again..........:hilton:

Keep a can of wd 40 handy in case of rustiness .

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It's when it gets to March and there's a chance Palace might be playing Barcelona next season I'll start to get really worried...

Maybe they'll do a Southampton and get raided for all their best players? Wishful thinking.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Blimey. There's an awful lot of bitterness and jealousy in this thread. You're obsessing over the "size" of a club as if it actually means anything. Last time I checked, being a "big club" in the Premier League doesn't get you any extra points. Meanwhile, little old Palace have the most away points of any Premier League team in 2015, and are sitting in the top four of the Premier League. We're being tipped left, right and centre as dark horses for a European spot at the end of the season. We're constantly being praised for our exciting attacking football with genuine PL quality in every position. We've got a top class international in Yohan Cabaye in the middle of the park and our wingers are the envy of almost every club in the country. Established Premier League teams are putting 10 men behind the ball against us for 90 minutes and hoping that we don't tear them to pieces.

We might not be as big as the likes of Newcastle, but we're miles ahead of them on the pitch where it matters.

Sadly,and much as it galls me, a good summary of your current situation. Hopefully it won;t last.

Given what's happened in the past Ie Dougie Greedman and Tiny Penis walking out on us I wont be confident that we're a stable club
The way football is these days any manager can up and leave, Who knows maybe Chris Houghton wont head to Sunderland?
Brighton making it to the prem is a long way off although you're doing well it can all fall apart very soon.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Given what's happened in the past Ie Dougie Greedman and Tiny Penis walking out on us I wont be confident that we're a stable club
The way football is these days any manager can up and leave, Who knows maybe Chris Houghton wont head to Sunderland?
Brighton making it to the prem is a long way off although you're doing well it can all fall apart very soon.

Absolutely spot on, that's a first a Palace Fan talking sense, hope it lasts. There is nothing sure in football, apart from one day Pardew will either leave or get sacked, same with Houghton. Yes nothing sure about getting to the prem, personally not that bothered, as a fan of over 50 years this is the best period we have ever had. If we did go up, at least we have the proper infrastructure and fan base to support this,. players and managers will go, but the fans will stay loyal.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Maybe it was just Pardew having a go at Newcastle and West Ham, stating that neither are big clubs. Newcastle fans think they are one of the biggest in the world (in fact, just the fattest) and West Ham won the World Cup so must be a big club.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Said it before Pardew is a good manager. He can have the Palace job as long as he wants AND will always keep them in the Prem.

BUT

Pardew weakness is his alpha male ego and it wont be long before he starts sleeping with players and directors wives and girlfriends just like at Southampton, Reading, West Ham, Newcastle...

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I will give you a laugh about Alan Pardew.

My mate who is a taxi driver in London and got him in his cab one night. He was so drunk he could not remember where he lived. When they did eventually get to the street they went up and down it 4 or 5 times and he still couldn't recognize his own house.

Eventually after about 20 or 25 minutes driving up and down his street, Pardew said ''YES THATS MY HOUSE THERE'' My mate who was totally exasperated by this time said For f*ck sake Alan. Why the hell didn't you tell me that yours was the house with the 40ft crane in the garden. I could have got you home half an hour ago''

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here