Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pardew doing a Poyet?

el punal

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
1 hour and 3 minutes, a bit slow onto this thread, were you busy, has someone in Croydon bought a new box of matches?

Brilliant !
As it happens, I missed my text alert from Bozza .

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Pardew is a good manager, he is annoying/funny depending on your view, however he has done a good job everywhere he has been.

Could do worse for England

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Pardew's humble nature and persona would fit like a glove within the F.A.

Can't tell him and Woy apart in any way really.

He will almost certainly get a job with a big club one day, but not quite yet.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Pardew's humble nature and persona would fit like a glove within the F.A.

Can't tell him and Woy apart in any way really.

He will almost certainly get a job with a big club one day, but not quite yet.

Imagine how brilliant it would be if we rolled him out at FIFA and UEFA events.

Chins sepp

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
He should also try to actually put a whole season of good form together. Both Pardew's Newcastle and West Ham sides have had spells like this, followed by no wins in ten games type runs.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
To be fair, Pardew is as entitled to try and talk up his profile in the job market as anyone else. Strike while the iron's hot and all that. Whether a 'big' club is daft enough to fall for it is another question entirely.
Yeah, but we didn't like it when Poyet did it, I can't imagine the Palace fans like him talking of leaving already.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
FWIW, Pardew won't get a better managerial fit then Palace.
He's loved by the fans, and has a hands on role with player recruitment.
I'm sure he has ambitions, but we are slowly building a decent squad, and we could fulfill his needs here.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What a bitter person you are !
I certainly feel we'll finish above them, if that makes us bigger, you tell me.
It doesn't.
Crowds or league positions, which would you'd prefer ?
Crowds. Bournemouth are above Chelsea, so you think they're the bigger club? Newcastle are in a mess, but I bet they're above Bournemouth in 10 years time, they're a bigger club.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Who's to say we cant finish higher than the so called big clubs ?
Pardew is a good shout for England , but feel they will go for a big name when Roy goes.
Anyway, Sunderland are looking for a new boss, and Hughton had a very successful time in the north east , history repeating itself ???

It works!!

I think that Bozza has written some code that automatically sends an alert to the Palace users by text. Either that or they spend all day and night checking NSC to join any Palace related thread within minutes.

or is it the latter?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
It doesn't.
Crowds. Bournemouth are above Chelsea, so you think they're the bigger club? Newcastle are in a mess, but I bet they're above Bournemouth in 10 years time, they're a bigger club.

Thanks for clearing that up :wink:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yeah, but we didn't like it when Poyet did it, I can't imagine the Palace fans like him talking of leaving already.

Pre the playoff "ceiling" hissy fit i recall the vast majority on here being fine with him having the ambition to manage just about everyone bigger than us that we played. Those of us who didn't like it were accused of being precious and needy if I remember rightly. Poyet could do NO wrong pre THAT game for the vast majority on here.

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
I'm sure he has ambitions, but we are slowly building a decent squad, and we could fulfill his needs here.
Fascinating

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Allegedly, it's players wives who more often fulfil his needs

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
What a bitter person you are !
I certainly feel we'll finish above them, if that makes us bigger, you tell me.
Crowds or league positions, which would you'd prefer ?
Sunderland are able to sustain a position in the top leagues due to their large fan base, palace do it by cheating their creditors (twice). You guys are on the crest of a wave at the moment, but when it all comes crashing down, which history tells us it will, what have you got to show for it? New training ground? Nope. New stadium? Nope. A massively unsustainable wage bill? Oh yes.

Bitter moi!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here