Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Papiss Cissé

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
If he genuinely interprets this to be against his beliefs, and there's no reason to think he doesn't, then good on him for saying no.

Whether other members of his squad do the same is irrelevant, religion is all about personal intepretation and belief.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
yeah, take 20k a week from poor people, and play in a stadium where many eat hot dogs and burgers (pigs brains and genitals) - then get all moral about a debt company that does what it says without any lies.

what an idiot......just wants out probably.

Stumpy Tim

If he genuinely interprets this to be against his beliefs, and there's no reason to think he doesn't, then good on him for saying no.

Whether other members of his squad do the same is irrelevant, religion is all about personal intepretation and belief.

Why is it good on him? His beliefs are ridiculous

I tell you what, I believe you should give me all your money. Hand it over - it's my belief and you should respect that

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
I have no problem with pay day loans existing. People shouldn't use them, then they'd go. All the while there is demand, this service will be provided.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Why is it good on him? His beliefs are ridiculous

I tell you what, I believe you should give me all your money. Hand it over - it's my belief and you should respect that

Your belief that his belief is ridiculous is probably as equally baffling to him.

Lovely leap of logic there, he's not forcing anyone else to comply with it, nor even trying to (as far as anyone's aware).

Though, if that's not good enough for you, I can respect your stated belief, but I don't have to agree with it. See how that works?

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
But he is quite happy to wear virgin money and barclays last season, both make money from money

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
I'd put him on the transfer list. When he puts on the shirt he's representing the club, not himself, that's what they're paying him for. If he doesn't like it or agree with it, then there's the door son!

Stumpy Tim

Your belief that his belief is ridiculous is probably as equally baffling to him.

Lovely leap of logic there, he's not forcing anyone else to comply with it, nor even trying to (as far as anyone's aware).

Though, if that's not good enough for you, I can respect your stated belief, but I don't have to agree with it. See how that works?

He's trying to get the club to comply with it, so yes he is forcing someone to comply. My problem is that there's this unwritten rule that we should respect everyone's beliefs, despite many belief's being ridiculous. Why is it wrong to ridicule ridiculous beliefs?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
But he is quite happy to wear virgin money and barclays last season, both make money from money

Barclays made a loss last season so there is no "profit from money" conflict here.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Exactly, more like his agent is angling him for a move so come out with some excuse

yep, complete hypocricy

There are credit card, betting, etc sponsors - but Wonga takes it to another level IMO when it comes to morality (or lack of it).

as is that twaddle - so its ok that some people get into trouble with credit cards and betting, but immoral when its a short term loan???:wozza:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

anti-usary is a pretty core tenet of islam and its quite explicit about it too (more so than for instance drinking or eating pork). itsarguably one of the reasons the islamic world fell behind development enjoyed by the western world (cue binfest). he is not himself participating in usary, he's making a personal decision outside of religion, otherwise he should have applied the same to Virgin Money. he is entitled to his personal beliefs, but shouldnt mis-use religion to justify it.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
To be fair, irrespective of religious beliefs, I applaud him for refusing to wear the logo of a legal loan shark that exploits vulnerable people.

I'd like to think that we, as fans, would resist any attempt to allow such a company to sponsor Brighton should any such attempt be made in the future from those in charge.

There are credit card, betting, etc sponsors - but Wonga takes it to another level IMO when it comes to morality (or lack of it).

Too right. Loan sharks of any description are bad news.

Dandyman

In London village.
To be fair, irrespective of religious beliefs, I applaud him for refusing to wear the logo of a legal loan shark that exploits vulnerable people.

I'd like to think that we, as fans, would resist any attempt to allow such a company to sponsor Brighton should any such attempt be made in the future from those in charge.

This.

Dandyman

In London village.
yep, complete hypocricy

as is that twaddle - so its ok that some people get into trouble with credit cards and betting, but immoral when its a short term loan???:wozza:

Wonga charge 365% APR. To the best of my knowledge credit cars companies don't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here