Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Panic buying.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I literally cannot get my head round why people are stocking up on bogroll. If anyone on here has left their supermarket with armfulls off the stuff then please - tell me why ?

I was in Tesco yesterday. ALL the pasta was gone, as was the bolognese sauce. I can only assume people are envisaging seeing out the impending apocolypse dining out on 3 months worth of spag bol. This country is absolutely spackered.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I literally cannot get my head round why people are stocking up on bogroll. If anyone on here has left their supermarket with armfulls off the stuff then please - tell me why ?

I was in Tesco yesterday. ALL the pasta was gone, as was the bolognese sauce. I can only assume people are envisaging seeing out the impending apocolypse dining out on 3 months worth of spag bol. This country is absolutely spackered.

Can't say for sure but... Cheap alternative to tissues maybe?

Stumpy Tim

The reason why bog rolls are stock piled in Australia is because they're usually Chinese made and there were rumours China were going to stop exporting them. I can only assume people have seen it happen there so thought they should do the same here

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You’re making some very certain declarations on the symptoms of Covid-19 there. What makes you so certain when you likely don’t have all the facts? (Hypothetical question).

I don’t know NBs age here, or how vulnerable he/she is.

But if they live on their own, and there’s a possible enforced self isolation and/or he can’t go out due to illness, how do you propose a person in this situation gets food, supplies?

Your medical suggestion implies they should just sleep through it and not worry about eating. Really?

Supermarkets deliver groceries to your door.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

If only there was a clue in today's newspapers:-

Daily_Express_9_3_2020.jpg

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
If only there was a clue in today's newspapers:-

View attachment 120811

They are only restricting purchases to stop the loons who are buying up bundles of pasta and loo roll. If people maintained their usual shopping habits there would be no issue at all.

Reminds me of the petrol blockages from years ago where panic buying caused pumps to run dry when in reality if people just filled up as normal there was as plenty to go around.

The scariest part of this whole Coronavirus situation is how stupid and selfish we have become as a society

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
The reason why bog rolls are stock piled in Australia is because they're usually Chinese made and there were rumours China were going to stop exporting them. I can only assume people have seen it happen there so thought they should do the same here

I love it when people talk absolute bunkum! The two biggest brands here are both manufactured here. :facepalm:

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Tempted to order one of these, should see me through the worst of it I reckon.

3 ply too so decent poke through resistance.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
They are only restricting purchases to stop the loons who are buying up bundles of pasta and loo roll. If people maintained their usual shopping habits there would be no issue at all.

Reminds me of the petrol blockages from years ago where panic buying caused pumps to run dry when in reality if people just filled up as normal there was as plenty to go around.

The scariest part of this whole Coronavirus situation is how stupid and selfish we have become as a society

This.

Very sad that so many people read and believe the shit spouted in rags like the Express and Mail.

The rubbish they are putting out is making things far worse than they really are.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

I saw a few stories on Twitter that people were stockpiling pasta as there a large number of cases in Italy and they think all pasta is from Italy, rather than being made in Slough or something.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here