Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Panic at the Pumps.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I have a Skoda Octavia but have never heard of this are you saying I should let the car get nearer empty even possibly nearly waiting until the light comes on.

You need to use common sense-just below 1/4 tank is the norm for most people to fill up-not when the light comes on. If you have a DPF on your car you should find out which re-generation method it uses.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You need to use common sense-just below 1/4 tank is the norm for most people to fill up-not when the light comes on. If you have a DPF on your car you should find out which re-generation method it uses.

I will send Skoda an e mail to ask them tomorrow as you have got me worried now. Phoned brother in law who is clued upon motors and he said he didnt think the Skoda had it but his Peugeot and his daughters Citroen did.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
On the radio they were saying a fuel tanker holds 38000 ltrs of fuel and the independent stations have to pay £50k on delivery for each tank. thats why they run out because even though they have the storage they cant afford to have £50k sitting in a tank as they don't earn enough on it.

If thats all true they are making just £1.15 ish on a £50 fill up - Drive offs must hit them hard

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I will send Skoda an e mail to ask them tomorrow as you have got me worried now. Phoned brother in law who is clued upon motors and he said he didnt think the Skoda had it but his Peugeot and his daughters Citroen did.

If you've had the car for a while and you've never seen a DPF light on your dash, you don't have one fitted. Nothing to get worried about, just be aware.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Few months ago we pulled into Tesco at Sunbury and there was a chap in a van with a PL plate so probably Polish and he had a trolley full of 3 ltr cooking oil and was putting it in his van fuel tank and the empty bottles back into another trolley. He must have had about 30 or so bottles.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have just taken a look at today's press. The easiest way to make people panic in England is to write "don't panic."

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That costs f*** all then! A few thousand compared to 36k for a degree! Plus on top of that they get 45k A YEAR!? They can f*** right off as far as I am concerned, I have a university degree plus more and am looking at a wage in a job of 20-30k a year.
Where is the fairness in that eh?

I'm struggling to feel sorry for you.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
People seem very trigger happy to sack drivers from jobs rather than spend very minimal amounts on improving services.

Why not impose more regulation on the billionaire owners and company's making massive profits.

I certainly dont want to live in a society where anyone can be hired or fired just to keep costs down and profits high.

kano

Jun 17, 2011
People seem very trigger happy to sack drivers from jobs rather than spend very minimal amounts on improving services.

Why not impose more regulation on the billionaire owners and company's making massive profits.

I certainly dont want to live in a society where anyone can be hired or fired just to keep costs down and profits high.

I think its because people perceive the drivers as being paid a fair wage and if profits were going to suffer for anything it would be to lower prices at the pump.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I agree.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here