Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Panic at the Pumps.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Train up some polish drivers on the half the wages ans we all get cheaper fuel as as a result simples.

No need - apparently Army drivers are standing by and THEY really are badly paid in comparison !

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Really? There were loads of fights at petrol stations and widespread panic!

It was funny watching Blair panic as well though !

I'm with [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] - it was much better. Less traffic and it was bizarre travelling at 55mph up the A23 to Crawley trying to preserve as much fuel as possible.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How many of the 3m unemployed have a driving licence and could be retrained.

Years ago Truman Hanbury Buxton at Brick Lane had a dispute with their drivers and the chairman called a meeting in the yard and said what he was prepared to pay etc for the good of the company and that those who didn't agree should form a queue to collect their P45 those who wanted to work under those conditions should form a 2nd queue bet you cant guess which queue had people in it. Not an ideal situation but it worked no more disputes.

D

Deleted member 22389

Shell garage a lot more busy than usual and noticed two people filling up Jerry cans along with their fuel.

I put 15 quid in, the person before me put 54 quid in.

Petrol panic lol....

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
We just need to make sure that the public realise how much the tanker drivers already earn.

The drivers own union rep was on BBC news trying to drum up support for his comrades. What he really should not of said was that the drivers are paid AN AVERAGE of 45K per year, equivalent to 900 pounds per week!

These drivers have a responsible job with stringent safety regulations, but it ain't rocket science. Drive to garage, attach hoses, start pump, stop pump, remove hoses, return to base.

If the drivers feel underpaid then they should look for new jobs, not hold the rest of us to ransom.

They dont even need to start and stop pump the fuel is gravity droppped into underground tanks. As mentioned when people see the 45K a year the drivers are on combined with the cost of fuel now there will be no support at all. I work in the industry and i cant believe the health and safety issues the union are coming out with.....its all about t's and c's...in other words greedy bastards!!!!!! There is probably 2m unemployed people who would happily train up and do the job for half the money.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They dont even need to start and stop pump the fuel is gravity droppped into underground tanks. As mentioned when people see the 45K a year the drivers are on combined with the cost of fuel now there will be no support at all. I work in the industry and i cant believe the health and safety issues the union are coming out with.....its all about t's and c's...in other words greedy bastards!!!!!! There is probably 2m unemployed people who would happily train up and do the job for half the money.

Greedy? Or green eyed envy?

I bet when you take the long hours away from home and the shift/night pay into account truck drivers are getting an average salary. And good luck to then. It's very easy to bitch and snipe on the margins.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I bet when you take the long hours away from home and the shift/night pay into account truck drivers are getting an average salary.

i know a truck driver, he'd happily take £45k for the same (or worse) shifts and time away from home as he does currently.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
i know a truck driver, he'd happily take £45k for the same (or worse) shifts and time away from home as he does currently.

And I am sure he is worth the £45k.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House

Years ago Truman Hanbury Buxton at Brick Lane had a dispute with their drivers and the chairman called a meeting in the yard and said what he was prepared to pay etc for the good of the company and that those who didn't agree should form a queue to collect their P45 those who wanted to work under those conditions should form a 2nd queue bet you cant guess which queue had people in it. Not an ideal situation but it worked no more disputes.

And now no more Truman Hanbury Buxton!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

If they did train people I will be well fu-ked off,I'm a manager but passed my class two nearly 2 year ago and with the CPC training etc etc it cost me just over 2k of my own money,I don't plan to drive full time as its boring,but if these people were trained they would need a class one and many more things and that would cost around 3/4k.People don't realise how expensive these courses are getting:nono:

Goner be a massive driver shortage in years to come as most truckers are 50+.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
That costs f*** all then! A few thousand compared to 36k for a degree! Plus on top of that they get 45k A YEAR!? They can f*** right off as far as I am concerned, I have a university degree plus more and am looking at a wage in a job of 20-30k a year.
Where is the fairness in that eh?
You missing the point sunny jim?
I don't want the government paying unemployed peoples training for these jobs,many of us have paid a few quid to pass these hideous amounts of tests.

yes they're well over paid and I would sack the lot of them if I was the boss:)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Shell garage a lot more busy than usual and noticed two people filling up Jerry cans along with their fuel.

I put 15 quid in, the person before me put 54 quid in.

Petrol panic lol....

You put £15 in your car?

Either you have a ridiculously small car, you're a biker, or you were panic buying yourself. Why would you fill your car up if it only needed £15 worth otherwise? That would be barely a quarter of a tank in my (medium sized) car.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here