Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pandemonium Alert - Children's Parade 4th May 10am -12pm - Home to Wolves KO likely12:30PM

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

D

Deleted User X18H

I've never even heard of the children's parade, so it can't cause all that much disruption, can it? As Lush said, it's only an issue for those with an inflated sense of their (or their family's) own importance.

You never heard of the Children's Parade? It is a long held tradition here in Brighton and kicks off the festival.

Brighton is not all about Brighton & Hove Albion you know!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
They won't make the final day KO's 12.30pm.

It would be unfair on travelling supporters, and the precedent is 3.00pm.

I must have dreamt being at Barnsley last season for a 12.30pm k/o

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You never heard of the Children's Parade? It is a long held tradition here in Brighton and kicks off the festival.

No, no I haven't. I've heard of the Burning of the Clocks. I've heard of Pride. I've heard of SmashEDO and their chums, they like to have parades too, I think. The whole Festival thing is entirely overrated though, let's be honest. If you popped into the city during May you could quite easily pass it by. Don't think that because you live there, the whole world is watching you. They might want to go and see some bloke at the Komedia that month, but does anyone whose kids aren't in it actually know this children's parade is on, much less care? No.

It will have absolutely zero impact on the Albion.

D

Deleted User X18H

I must have dreamt being at Barnsley last season for a 12.30pm k/o

It will be a nasty reality if you don't leave early if you plan to travel by road , anywhere west off East Street on May 4th.

Just a heads up.

It's basically the one game you CANNOT change the date or time of. Combined with one of the most disrupted mornings of the year in Brighton.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

Indeed, the 27s terminate at the station :angry:

There's a chance the last games could be on the sunday as was previously the case.

D

Deleted User X18H

No, no I haven't. I've heard of the Burning of the Clocks. I've heard of Pride. I've heard of SmashEDO and their chums, they like to have parades too, I think. The whole Festival thing is entirely overrated though, let's be honest. If you popped into the city during May you could quite easily pass it by. Don't think that because you live there, the whole world is watching you. They might want to go and see some bloke at the Komedia that month, but does anyone whose kids aren't in it actually know this children's parade is on, much less care? No.

We are talking about kids from every primary and infant school, plus clubs and associations. In Brighton , Hove, Portslade , Shoreham , Southwick and Saltdean. And thier teachers and their parents.

Walking (slowly) from London Road from east to west to the seafront. Most roads close at 9:am and reopen at 1pm. Including North Street and Kingsway.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Childrens parade being going as long as i can remember starts at the tech college (old old maggie aggie) them makes its way to the concorde. All sorts of floats made by various schools.

Mainly year 5 samba band and year 4 is the floats.

That's the Brighton Festival that has had public events that clash with the last day of the football season every year since 1967.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Childrens parade being going as long as i can remember starts at the tech college (old old maggie aggie) them makes its way to the concorde. All sorts of floats made by various schools.

Mainly year 5 samba band and year 4 is the floats.

Wow. I must make a note in my diary. Wouldn't want to miss that one.

D

Deleted User X18H

That's the Brighton Festival that has had public events that clash with the last day of the football season every year since 1967.

Although for 30 of those years the football was in Hove. For another 11 we had ONE match that matched the circumstances and that was on a Sunday.

May 4th could of course be the biggest game in Albion's history.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
We are talking about kids from every primary and infant school, plus clubs and associations. In Brighton , Hove, Portslade , Shoreham , Southwick and Saltdean. And thier teachers and their parents.

My daughter went to school in Shoreham.

Never heard of the Children's Parade. And what sort of nutter goes to specifically watch loads of kids walking along roads?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
And what sort of nutter goes to specifically watch loads of kids walking along roads?

There's several answers to that question....

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

Smash EDO is more of a riot than a parade 'edna' :rolleyes:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here