[Food] Pancake Day

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
pancake.jpg

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Crepe style pancakes with with various meats and cheeses for dinner tonight. We love a savoury pancake here.

We are fortunate enough (me and the 5&1 year olds) that Mrs M probably makes pancakes for breakfast every other weekend for breakfast and those are usually with yoghurt, peanut butter and fruits.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
For lunch I made my daughter American style pancakes with Maple syrup and fresh strawberries. A BBC recipe.

I got the nod of approval.
:thumbsup:

My local hardware store has the displays up for the taps, buckets (old-school), plastic hoses and collection bags (high tech), etc, etc, -- all the paraphernalia for maple sugaring. All you need is a few trees to make enough for personal use for a year... and there are commercial sugarbushes just up the road.
Sap run is just around the corner -- it's been a warm winter.

Also, I replace half the wheat flour with Acadian buckwheat flour... from the St. John Valley. And low-bush blueberries, of course.

Last edited:

Marty McFly

Seagulls Over Canada
Aug 19, 2006
La Pêche, Quebec
:thumbsup:

My local hardware store has the displays up for the taps, buckets (old-school), plastic hoses and collection bags (high tech), etc, etc, -- all the paraphernalia for maple sugaring. All you need is a few trees to make enough for personal use for a year... and there are commercial sugarbushes just up the road.
Sap run is just around the corner -- it's been a warm winter.

Also, I replace half the wheat flour with Acadian buckwheat flour... from the St. John Valley. And low-bush blueberries, of course.
This was a piece on the radio this morning about local sugar bushes (Ottawa, Canada) commencing runs soon. I wonder if the short winter will affect maple quality at all.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Same as Valentines Day, I forgot but Mrs P didn’t. Although I’m not quite on the naughty step this time 😂

Bananas and maple syrup at the ready.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here