[Food] Pancake Day

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
pancake.jpg

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Crepe style pancakes with with various meats and cheeses for dinner tonight. We love a savoury pancake here.

We are fortunate enough (me and the 5&1 year olds) that Mrs M probably makes pancakes for breakfast every other weekend for breakfast and those are usually with yoghurt, peanut butter and fruits.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
For lunch I made my daughter American style pancakes with Maple syrup and fresh strawberries. A BBC recipe.

I got the nod of approval.
:thumbsup:

My local hardware store has the displays up for the taps, buckets (old-school), plastic hoses and collection bags (high tech), etc, etc, -- all the paraphernalia for maple sugaring. All you need is a few trees to make enough for personal use for a year... and there are commercial sugarbushes just up the road.
Sap run is just around the corner -- it's been a warm winter.

Also, I replace half the wheat flour with Acadian buckwheat flour... from the St. John Valley. And low-bush blueberries, of course.

Last edited:

Marty McFly

Seagulls Over Canada
Aug 19, 2006
La Pêche, Quebec
:thumbsup:

My local hardware store has the displays up for the taps, buckets (old-school), plastic hoses and collection bags (high tech), etc, etc, -- all the paraphernalia for maple sugaring. All you need is a few trees to make enough for personal use for a year... and there are commercial sugarbushes just up the road.
Sap run is just around the corner -- it's been a warm winter.

Also, I replace half the wheat flour with Acadian buckwheat flour... from the St. John Valley. And low-bush blueberries, of course.
This was a piece on the radio this morning about local sugar bushes (Ottawa, Canada) commencing runs soon. I wonder if the short winter will affect maple quality at all.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Same as Valentines Day, I forgot but Mrs P didn’t. Although I’m not quite on the naughty step this time 😂

Bananas and maple syrup at the ready.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here