Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palarse 20th highest payers in the world

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
That's fair enough.
I can't for the life of me remember where I saw it mentioned, and it was recently as well.
At the time I thought it seemed odd, but being palace I couldn't really be bothered.

C'est la vie.
Someone copied a BBS post onto NSC which mentioned it. Probably the usual internet fantasy as everything is so good at palace.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I have read both the BBS and the holmsdale .com and haven't seen it mentioned so I am getting most of my info off here �� But we have made a profit the last 4 seasons on the trot so if and it's a big if some sort of mortgage has been allied for its more than likely a technical type financial movement.

I am aware that it's your duty to take the piss and rightly so ,but this is not the tree to bark up against , you just may well feel a bit silly when palace publish this accounts and Brighton declare there's.

That's fair enough.
I can't for the life of me remember where I saw it mentioned, and it was recently as well.
At the time I thought it seemed odd, but being palace I couldn't really be bothered.

C'est la vie.

It's on this thread....http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?p=13312821

Originally Posted by sw16girl View Post
Oh my - my inbox has just lit up with a whole slew of mortgages against all the companies in the group - to be precise one mortgage against CPFC Limited (in addition to the one above), one against Selhurst Park Ltd, one against 2010 Ltd, one against Adamas MidCo and one against Adamas Holdings (the last two are part of the ownership structure).

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
How are those altruistic American backers getting on? You know, the ones that want to redevelop Selhurst out of their love for the club and want nothing in return?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I have read both the BBS and the holmsdale .com and haven't seen it mentioned so I am getting most of my info off here �� But we have made a profit the last 4 seasons on the trot so if and it's a big if some sort of mortgage has been allied for its more than likely a technical type financial movement.

I am aware that it's your duty to take the piss and rightly so ,but this is not the tree to bark up against , you just may well feel a bit silly when palace publish this accounts and Brighton declare there's.

Why would we feel silly? It's not like we have been in Administration twice and shafted local businesses. You would struggle massively in the championship with your 16k gates...Nope..I don't feel silly at all!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
To be fair to Palace, they have to do something to attract players....Pardew+Croydon+Selhurst isn't exactly the dream package.

:lolol:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Nature of the beast unfortunately .

And you believe that UK football can pay that kind of money? For a UK PROVINCIAL football club to pay the twentieth highest wages in the world? What about Italy, what about Spain, and France, and Germany, and Brazil and Argentina, ad infinitum.......etc etc. Hope St Johns issue pro formas to Selhurst Park.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
This is really amazing.They should be about 20th in this country. They really are playing with fire. On the current form table they are 4th from bottom and only heading in one direction.

Dec 29, 2011
If you compare these club's position in the ranking of highest payers with that of most through the turnstiles, Palace and Leicester and to a lesser extent Southampton stick out as trying to pay with the big boys without having the hinterland to warrant it. Do any of the three have any history of spending beyond their means and letting others pick up the bill?

ClubPayAttendance
Man Utd1st2nd
Barcelona2nd3rd
Man City3rd14th
Real Madrid4th4th
Chelsea5th26th
Paris SG6th22nd
Bayern Munich7th5th
Juventus8th34th
Arsenal9th7th
Liverpool10th23rd
Roma11th30th
Tottenham12th39th
Athletico Madrid13th18th
Inter14th17th
West Ham15th42nd
Everton16th36th
Leicester17th77th
Southampton18th56th
Bourissia Dortmund19th1st
Palace20th81st

http://www.footballeconomy.com/cont...football-clubs-ranked-average-attendance-2014

Attendance makes very little difference these days to a PL club, they could cut all prices by 50% and they wouldn't notice it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Attendance makes very little difference these days to a PL club, they could cut all prices by 50% and they wouldn't notice it.
Even if you're mortgaged to the hilt?

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The bigger the wage bill, the bigger the chance of Admin 3 on relegation.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The bigger the wage bill, the bigger the chance of Admin 3 on relegation.

Which is when attendance can help,Dortmand could blow the theory out of the water on attendances though if they were not such a great club for their fans in addmission pricing.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
i would has as a guess (pure guess) and say we average on a first team squad of 24 players at 9k per week not sure if we include Murray and his £30-£40K

That looks about right to be.

I've taken the total wage bill, less the amount paid to directors. Have averaged out £25,000 for all other staff (including youth team etc), and this gives just under £12 million for the first team. For a 25 man squad it works out as £8,967 per week. Some are on more than twice that amount though, others a lot less.

I could, however, be talking nonsense. :wink:

Albion Wages.PNG

Wage Estimate.PNG

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Our squad is 26 players unless Ankergren is counted as a coach.

In theory it is possible we are also still paying some of the JFC and COG wages ???

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton

It was posted by sw16girl on this thread http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=243819&page=459 post number 9177 and then goes on being discussed for a further 4 pages. It does appear that some fans like yourself, seem confused by the need when you are supposed to be making huge profits. Reading the post some fans seem concerned why it is needed and one even mentions that you are returning to the Jordan type days. sw16girl from reading her posts, appears to be on or has been a member of the supporters trust and is respected for her legal knowledge. So hardly someone to spread gossip.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes but historically when your TINPOT club gets into financial trouble you go into TINPOT Administration and end up paying about one tenth of your debt and then start again

A tenth? I'm sure their creditors wish it had been a tenth. It was 2p in the £, as I remember.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It was posted by sw16girl on this thread http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=243819&page=459 post number 9177 and then goes on being discussed for a further 4 pages. It does appear that some fans like yourself, seem confused by the need when you are supposed to be making huge profits. Reading the post some fans seem concerned why it is needed and one even mentions that you are returning to the Jordan type days. sw16girl from reading her posts, appears to be on or has been a member of the supporters trust and is respected for her legal knowledge. So hardly someone to spread gossip.

Isn't it strange how 'they' keep referencing Tony and the Albion's finances, then fail to mention some queer goings on closer to home.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] - what would be your best guess regarding this information?

Any idea what the best and worst case scenarios might be?

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Isn't it strange how 'they' keep referencing Tony and the Albion's finances, then fail to mention some queer goings on closer to home.

Yes it is strange, especially as they keep on about the money TB put into the stadium and they consider this to be cheating, but yet there is no mention that two Americans have invested a £100 million pounds into their club towards either a new ground or Selhurst improvements, but this is completely acceptable.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
You have to wonder why they are spunking so much money on wages when their ground is falling apart.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
You have to wonder why they are spunking so much money on wages when their ground is falling apart.

When reading their boards, it is a concern amongst some of their fans that they will eventually get relegated before they either get a new ground or improve Selhurst. Some are a little concerned that agents and players will have lined their pockets and the club will end up no better off and have nothing to show for it when they return to the Championship. I think they are correct to be concerned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here