Palaces support

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AmexGold

Banned
Apr 22, 2014
We have had fans ejected and banned for constant refusal to sit when asked, so I don't think the club would break the rules just because fans requested it.
I believe it is also part of any clubs safety certificate and this is why I am so surprised Palace are allowed to get away with this and not only this I believe smoking is allowed in certain area's of the ground also?

Gazwag - Spanish geezer asked about the smoking, see above.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
We have fat old gits spending more time eating pies and drinking,they have a more youthful element that have been allowed to gather together and we have fan zone.Thats why we have a morgue and they have a cracking atmosphere. ps their footie has been more exciting as well. But as long as we have more in the morgue than them we can call palace tinpot:ffsparr:

It's prats like you that make me embarrassed to be an Albion fan. Your stupid coloured fonts, the obsession with smileys, oh my how funny that cow smiley is, the need to remind everyone that you went to a Brighton match in the 70s, the moaning...Christ..your frigging moaning. Early leavers, late arrivers, lack of atmosphere, players that have left, players that are still there, the queues for the loos, trains...

The atmosphere at the Amex is fine. It's you that's not. Compared with most other clubs the Amex is noisy. Compared to most other clubs we don't have too bad a variation with songs. And as for that cauldron of noise at the Goldstone that you like to hark back to...I'll let you into a secret. It was a morgue most of the time. Withdean was worse.

You're a middle-aged man in his 50s who has seen Brighton play a lot of rubbish games in rubbish stadia to rubbish crowds. If you can't enjoy the good times that we're having now then please - do us all a favour, stop posting your inane negative drivel on here and f*ck off and support someone else.

albionite

May 20, 2009
It's prats like you that make me embarrassed to be an Albion fan. Your stupid coloured fonts, the obsession with smileys, oh my how funny that cow smiley is, the need to remind everyone that you went to a Brighton match in the 70s, the moaning...Christ..your frigging moaning. Early leavers, late arrivers, lack of atmosphere, players that have left, players that are still there, the queues for the loos, trains...

The atmosphere at the Amex is fine. It's you that's not. Compared with most other clubs the Amex is noisy. Compared to most other clubs we don't have too bad a variation with songs. And as for that cauldron of noise at the Goldstone that you like to hark back to...I'll let you into a secret. It was a morgue most of the time. Withdean was worse.

You're a middle-aged man in his 50s who has seen Brighton play a lot of rubbish games in rubbish stadia to rubbish crowds. If you can't enjoy the good times that we're having now then please - do us all a favour, stop posting your inane negative drivel on here and f*ck off and support someone else.

Well said, the problem is when rev starts another look at me thread too many respond encouraging him to do more.

Last edited:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

This, this, this

MarioOrlandi

Jun 4, 2013
We have fat old gits spending more time eating pies and drinking,they have a more youthful element that have been allowed to gather together and we have fan zone.Thats why we have a morgue and they have a cracking atmosphere. ps their footie has been more exciting as well. But as long as we have more in the morgue than them we can call palace tinpot:ffsparr:

Bet you were one of the thousands who jumped up and embarrassed the club by walking out after Winnifred scored their second

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

"Into the confectioner's stall, and out again..." :thumbsup:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Ladies & gentlemen: THIS.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If we banned people for being complete bellends, there would be about 5 posters left.
He's not just a bellend though, he's also a troll. It's not that he's stupid, he loves posting crap to wind everyone up.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
From the Guardian's 5 talking points about the match.

1 Palace revolution owes so much to the fans

Palace's transformation under Tony Pulis has been extraordinary but the performances of the fans this season have been every bit as astounding. Selhurst Park may not be the most glamorous of settings but the Palace faithful have made it the Premier League's most intimidating this season and on Monday night they were in full voice. The final home game of the season was something of a celebration and the noise was incessant long before kick-off. Every tackle or piece or skill from the home side was greeted with an almighty roar and the intensity of their support after Palace went 3-0 down seemed to restore their players' belief and drag them back into a game that looked as if it had long since gone. The atmosphere at Selhurst must be the envy of many a Champions League club but maybe if those at the top catered more to the real fan rather than those with just a passing interest in the game such fervour could be replicated elsewhere?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Palace's transformation under Tony Pulis has been extraordinary but the performances of the fans this season have been every bit as astounding. Selhurst Park may not be the most glamorous of settings but the Palace faithful have made it the Premier League's most intimidating this season and on Monday night they were in full voice. The final home game of the season was something of a celebration and the noise was incessant long before kick-off. Every tackle or piece or skill from the home side was greeted with an almighty roar and the intensity of their support after Palace went 3-0 down seemed to restore their players' belief and drag them back into a game that looked as if it had long since gone. The atmosphere at Selhurst must be the envy of many a Champions League club but maybe if those at the top catered more to the real fan rather than those with just a passing interest in the game such fervour could be replicated elsewhere?

All very amazing and I'm sure it was just like that when you were attracting 15000 or whatever appalling average you managed in your promotion season last year.

Seems to be a lot of self congratulation among the Palace TV supporters (they never seem to be at the game...) over the noise generated at Selhurst despite not being able to fill it.

I understand that this resulted from a number of their 'match attending' supporters deciding they'd had enough of the terrible atmosphere and getting together to take control of one part of the ground, with the support of the club. This includes (I think) having choice over who is allowed tickets in their particular part of the ground, much like the dodgy European arrangements where fans end up dictating to the club and calling themselves ultras or some such cringeworthy name. That way they can ensure that every chav with a black hoody can sit and sing together and look well 'ard (in a special way).

It is certainly exportable (they took it from mainland Europe after all along with their St Pauli song) and I'm sure that enough chavs with nothing better to do could be managed to arrange something at Brighton BUT would you really want that to happen at the Amex?

Haven't a clue how to do polls.....

It's an interesting discussion. What happening at Palace is impressive. Having been to a few games in Germany and Italy, I think their fan orchestration is better than what happens here, although I do agree the Amex is better than many. But as an East stand bloke taking young kids to games, perhaps this discussion is not for me

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

That's the Guardian binned then! used to like that paper

Real fans my @rse - real fans turn up when you're not in the Premiership. Palace's only turn up for the Premiership football then disappear again

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports