Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace's financial results (waiting, waiting, waiting...)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yes Gus certainly has attracted some huge names hasn't he. There is errr, Ulloa and errr, ummm errr lets see errr .... nope. Gold dust, I tell thee Gold ....

So we don't have a midfielder with 42 caps for Spain, or 2 recent England international defenders, or a right back from Valencia, or a midfielder from Bilbao's successful Europa League side? Must have imaged it all.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
So we don't have a midfielder with 42 caps for Spain, or 2 recent England international defenders, or a right back from Valencia, or a midfielder from Bilbao's successful Europa League side? Must have imaged it all.

Or that winger we got from Newcastle and that goalie picked up on a free transfer from Manchester United and that Spanish midfielder from Swansea.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Our academy is also failing I see, damn it. Only having the likes of Boatend, Allassani, Kaikai, Palmer and Dymond coming through.

Just out of interest, isn't you academy a category 2? You might want to pay attention to today's papers before you start counting those particular chickens.....

Chelsea anger Charlton by snatching Kasey Palmer | Mail Online

Until you get Cat 1 you are at risk of constantly losing your best youngsters to bigger clubs.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I actually think Palace are becoming a good example of how to run a club at this level.

Reduced loss, low wages to turnover ratio, making efforts to make tickets affordable for all. Exactly the sort of things we praise the Albion for heading towards.

Anyone with a minute or so to spare, I did a piece on the Palace accounts this morning HERE

Doesn't address the question in my mind between the two clubs accounts which is; with similar wage bills but hugely differing attendances and their groupon/free ticket deals how is their loss less than ours? Our player expenditure this past season doesn't make the difference. If its operating cost associated with the stadium thats one hell of an operating cost

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Getting this thread back on track, i'm well pleased with the figures announced today. With the monies from Zaha,Moses and the next Clyne installment due, this seasons figures will see us smash through the profit barrier,and we might have the added cash windfall of the playoffs to come.
Can someone clear up something for me,with this seasons losses predicted to be the same as last seasons, is TB paying for the stadium mods and training complex, or is it coming out of the clubs finances ?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Getting this thread back on track, i'm well pleased with the figures announced today. With the monies from Zaha,Moses and the next Clyne installment due, this seasons figures will see us smash through the profit barrier,and we might have the added cash windfall of the playoffs to come.
Can someone clear up something for me,with this seasons losses predicted to be the same as last seasons, is TB paying for the stadium mods and training complex, or is it coming out of the clubs finances ?

He is bank rolling all the stadium and training ground capital projects, in effect, by way of an interest free long term loan from himself to the group of companies.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
He is bank rolling all the stadium and training ground capital projects, in effect, by way of an interest free long term loan from himself to the group of companies.

Cheers for that.

( BTW, we're ok for keepers thanks ! )

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Doesn't address the question in my mind between the two clubs accounts which is; with similar wage bills but hugely differing attendances and their groupon/free ticket deals how is their loss less than ours? Our player expenditure this past season doesn't make the difference. If its operating cost associated with the stadium thats one hell of an operating cost

Our wage bill was £2 million higher.

Transport costs another £2 million

Player amortisation another £1.5 million

Palace made a profit on player sales of £1.3 million

Set up costs on move to Falmer £3 million

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

So without Falmer set up costs, a new levy on transport, increased attendances, and some general tightening on non player wages one could expect a far rosier picture from our own accounts next time round.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

Thank you!

So set up costs presumably a one off then. If we lose that next year and have bigger capacity and more contribution to travel there must be a healthy transfer allowance based on the predicted similar loss next year then

mcgoldrick

Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Eastbourne

Bridge and Upson recent England internationals? Vicente may have once been good and fit, Bruno - really? We attracted Edgar Davids, he was also past it.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So without Falmer set up costs, a new levy on transport, increased attendances, and some general tightening on non player wages one could expect a far rosier picture from our own accounts next time round.

Also Azure was booted out, allowing us to keep more of the 'pie and beer dividend'.

Of course in 2013/14 we'll also have the massive new AMEX shirt sponsorship deal kick in.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Thank you!

So set up costs presumably a one off then. If we lose that next year and have bigger capacity and more contribution to travel there must be a healthy transfer allowance based on the predicted similar loss next year then

FFP means we need to reduce the loss further, so don't expect too high a transfer budget.

Of course we will lose a few off the wage bill, and it seems there will be the money to sign VVD, and hopefully one or two more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here